Metal Storm logo
Paradise Lost

Original post

Posted by Bas, 17.05.2006 - 14:38
Paradise Lost is IMO an awesome band, especially their newest stuff,

also an amazing live band, i had the luck to see them a while ago and their show was simply mind-blowing, one of the best shows ive ever seen
25.10.2008 - 18:20
Land Of Doom

Paradise Lost Were A Very Good Band In The Start But Now They Are A Normal Band When They turn to trush and electrico Genre
----
We Only Fear What Comes
And Smell Death Every Day
Search For The Answers That Lie Beyond
10.11.2008 - 11:21
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
PL are absolutely perfect. They give you a terrific feeling of pain, misery and sadness. Widow, True Belief and Prelude To Descent are my favorite songs. They are just excelent. I've seen them live and they have the best sound in live occasions I've ever heard. GREAT!!!
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
10.11.2008 - 13:51
Icarus
!PROSLACKER!
Well they were here a week ago and i really liked the show except for the lack of Grey in their set-list the Nick's voice is awesome live and i had kinda mixed feelings getting to the venue after listening The anatomy of Melancholy which was ok but not great on the voice side
----
-At live's eve our flames will cease-
21.11.2008 - 00:35
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Icarus on 10.11.2008 at 13:51

Well they were here a week ago and i really liked the show except for the lack of Grey in their set-list the Nick's voice is awesome live and i had kinda mixed feelings getting to the venue after listening The anatomy of Melancholy which was ok but not great on the voice side

Yes it was awesome, I really liked it, spite it was akinda short. They should've played more time, IMO. Anyway: Here's the setlist:

- The Enemy
- Ash and Debris
- No Celebration
- As I Die
- Hallowed Land
- Requiem
- Gothic
- One Second
- Erased
- Say Just Words.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
30.11.2008 - 19:32
un/heart/ed
The Sufferer
Very impressive music! one of the best bands out of england. 'requiem' is a song to be played at my funeral!
----
My only thrill alone in my own hell
01.03.2009 - 02:31
VPeter

The record store I visit has a split of Paradise lost with Bolt Thrower. I can't find it the band's disc so I think it's a bootleg, does anybody know about this?
01.03.2009 - 03:28
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by VPeter on 01.03.2009 at 02:31

The record store I visit has a split of Paradise lost with Bolt Thrower. I can't find it the band's disc so I think it's a bootleg, does anybody know about this?

Yep, it's a bootleg. But if it is interesting enough why not buy it.

Btw, I don't think they have ever released a split in their entire lives. When is it from?

I do however have a flexi-disc on some sort of inferior plastic vinyl that came with a Metal Forces magazine issue in 1991 which contains Eternal by Paradise Lost and Twisted Mass Of Burnt Decay by Autopsy.
Maybe the split you saw was released like that as well and later put onto cd?
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

01.03.2009 - 03:45
VPeter

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 01.03.2009 at 03:28

Written by VPeter on 01.03.2009 at 02:31

Yep, it's a bootleg. But if it is interesting enough why not buy it.

Btw, I don't think they have ever released a split in their entire lives. When is it from?

I do however have a flexi-disc on some sort of inferior plastic vinyl that came with a Metal Forces magazine issue in 1991 which contains Eternal by Paradise Lost and Twisted Mass Of Burnt Decay by Autopsy.
Maybe the split you saw was released like that as well and later put onto cd?

I plan to buy it the next time I see it. I think it's the Demolishing England split, which includes: Bolt Thrower - Concession of Pain + Demonstration Tape 1989 and Paradise Lost Demonstration Tape 1988 + Frozen Illusion.
01.03.2009 - 03:47
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by VPeter on 01.03.2009 at 03:45

I plan to buy it the next time I see it. I think it's the Demolishing England split, which includes: Bolt Thrower - Concession of Pain + Demonstration Tape 1989 and Paradise Lost Demonstration Tape 1988 + Frozen Illusion.

Sounds bloody good. Hard to come by material. It's one of those sorts of bootlegs that I would buy if I came across it,

Where did you come across it? (Don't be afraid, I am not going to rush over to buy it... )
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

01.03.2009 - 04:03
VPeter

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 01.03.2009 at 03:47

Written by VPeter on 01.03.2009 at 03:45

Sounds bloody good. Hard to come by material. It's one of those sorts of bootlegs that I would buy if I came across it,

Where did you come across it? (Don't be afraid, I am not going to rush over to buy it... )

Velvet Music in Ede, which used to go by the name Session 38. They have quite a big collection of metal and there is quite weird stuff of it where I never heard of. For a long time I didn't know the store's existence because I wouldn't never have guessed that an alternative music store would be in a small city such as Ede. Well i'm going to rush for it though because my hunger for it has just grown
01.03.2009 - 16:46
Azhidahak
Doom Metal Eliti
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 01.03.2009 at 03:47

I might
----
21.03.2009 - 12:04
RockeRoy

Draconian times is one of my all times favorit albums, but i don't like their other albums, exept from one cool song here and there. and i have a live dvd with paradise lost, and they sucks live, at least in that consert. the vocals are so out of tune
----
You found god? If nobody claims him in thirty days, he's yours

Walk with me in hell
27.03.2009 - 04:34
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by RockeRoy on 21.03.2009 at 12:04

and i have a live dvd with paradise lost, and they sucks live, at least in that consert. the vocals are so out of tune

Only in that DVD my friend. I saw 'em live last years, and Nick sonds same as in the album.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

27.03.2009 - 13:32
RockeRoy

Written by +{Jonas}+ on 27.03.2009 at 04:34

and i have a live dvd with paradise lost, and they sucks live, at least in that consert. the vocals are so out of tune

Only in that DVD my friend. I saw 'em live last years, and Nick sonds same as in the album.

Maybe your right, but i can't understand why they released that dvd, they have to hear that them self to..
Have you seen the dvd?
----

Walk with me in hell
27.03.2009 - 15:21
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by RockeRoy on 27.03.2009 at 13:32

Maybe your right, but i can't understand why they released that dvd, they have to hear that them self to..
Have you seen the dvd?

Nope I haven't, TBH. Metal is not easy to find here in my city.
----

27.03.2009 - 16:23
RockeRoy

Written by +{Jonas}+ on 27.03.2009 at 15:21

Have you seen the dvd?

ok, not in my city either, but i order from internett
----

Walk with me in hell
27.03.2009 - 16:55
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by RockeRoy on 27.03.2009 at 16:23

Written by +{Jonas}+ on 27.03.2009 at 15:21

Have you seen the dvd?

ok, not in my city either, but i order from internett

For you is easier, you're in Europe. Shiping for Latian America sucks, not to mention the colombian postal service. but we're getting off topic here.

HAve you seen PL live?
They kick ass.
----

27.03.2009 - 19:56
RockeRoy

Quote:
For you is easier, you're in Europe. Shiping for Latian America sucks, not to mention the colombian postal service. but we're getting off topic here.

HAve you seen PL live?
They kick ass.

Your right, nope i haven't, but i will verry soon, going to see them on inferno festival
----

Walk with me in hell
15.05.2009 - 00:26
VPeter

It turned out my anger because the bootleg was already bought by somebody else is unfound. Paradise Lost are releasing a compilation of there older demo's soon.
15.05.2009 - 00:30
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by VPeter on 15.05.2009 at 00:26

It turned out my anger because the bootleg was already bought by somebody else is unfound. Paradise Lost are releasing a compilation of there older demo's soon.

Ooo, greta news. Got any more information on that?
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

15.05.2009 - 00:33
VPeter

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 15.05.2009 at 00:30

official myspace blog: http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=30660723&blogId=487591761
15.05.2009 - 00:40
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by VPeter on 15.05.2009 at 00:33

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 15.05.2009 at 00:30

official myspace blog: http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=30660723&blogId=487591761

Thanks
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

28.08.2009 - 01:59
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Hey, 3 new songs already uploaded from the bands upcoming album! what do you all people think about it?? imo it is just AMAZING... it reminds me the old PL with some elemnts of the "new" ones...
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
28.08.2009 - 02:55
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Deadmeat on 28.08.2009 at 01:59

Hey, 3 new songs already uploaded from the bands upcoming album! what do you all people think about it?? imo it is just AMAZING... it reminds me the old PL with some elemnts of the "new" ones...

What I heard on their Myspace sounds great and sonically goes back to the days of Draconian Times (which for me was their last good album) so if this continues I will surely pick up the album.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

28.08.2009 - 10:43
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 28.08.2009 at 02:55

Written by Deadmeat on 28.08.2009 at 01:59

What I heard on their Myspace sounds great and sonically goes back to the days of Draconian Times (which for me was their last good album) so if this continues I will surely pick up the album.

yeah thats right. this stuff has an amazing old school feeling!
----
28.08.2009 - 13:21
Abattoir

Yea these new songs sounds realy good. It could be one of the top releases of the year for me...
29.08.2009 - 21:14
IllOmenNation

The sample songs haven't excited me yet. I think Symbol of Life is still my favorite.
----
Ill Omen Nation - Great Finnish/Scandinavian Metal! http://www.myspace.com/illomennation
18.09.2009 - 13:18
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Faith Divides Us - Death Unites Us
New album, I listen today Requiem in youtube since I have no it this was more to roots, more heavyer, this PL album is gothic, no emeotions, nothing pure wast of time, many may say My Dying Bride new album sucks, but each MDB work is 100 better how this one, ok if I need choose PL or Katatonia I choose PL,even dont wanna hear about Anathema, but still this albums dont works for me, I cant get measige, I cant get nothing at all, simply cant, its like dunno, I love first 4+1 and its all better 5 good albums in houme how this one, realy dunno havnt read lyrics yet , gonna do, maybe those be good, smply maybe band is to old for criating, realy MDB new , secend new is better even % album is better who's worst MDB IMO
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
18.09.2009 - 14:40
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Finally a good PL album again. By far their best after Draconian Times/

@K7, you must be deaf prefering the new My Dying Bride to this. This one beats that atrocity called For Lies I sire into a pulp.
You really go listening to new albums by bands such as PL, Katatonia, Anathema with preconceived ideas, just not wanting to admit you like the new works. Just imagine you liking the new albums that would mean you're not true anymore, right? FFS not eevrything old is better than new suff.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

18.09.2009 - 16:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 18.09.2009 at 14:40

Finally a good PL album again. By far their best after Draconian Times/

@K7, you must be deaf prefering the new My Dying Bride to this. This one beats that atrocity called For Lies I sire into a pulp.
You really go listening to new albums by bands such as PL, Katatonia, Anathema with preconceived ideas, just not wanting to admit you like the new works. Just imagine you liking the new albums that would mean you're not true anymore, right? FFS not eevrything old is better than new suff.

I dont like new album band dont work for me anymore, music dont work, If I choose PL vs MDB I choose MDB, this was to much gothic I didnt like band when I heard songs weeks ago in myspace, not now ,
Its my opinium and right now I wont change it, I cant its same I like new Megadeth better how Metallica album , not everything old is better how new staff, maybe in some cases yes but not in this one, there many good bands whos new albums is werry good, but Requiem was better album how this one , but its metter of taste
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing