Metal Storm logo
Charred Walls Of The Damned - First Preview Of Debut Album Online

As Charred Walls Of The Damned prepare for their self-titled debut album out February 2nd 2010 - the group is gearing up for their official release by unleashing a "radio spot" created by Richard Christy (Death, Iced Earth, Control Denied, Acheron) himself. The "radio spot" that is being streamed as of tomorrow December 1st via the band's MySpace page features clips of the first single "Ghost Town", taken from the band's debut album, Charred Walls of the Damned.

"I am beyond excited about how the Charred Walls of the Damned album turned out. Tim "Ripper" Owens (Judas Priest, Iced Earth, Yngwie Malmsteen, Beyond Fear), Steve DiGiorgio (Sadus, Death, Testament, Iced Earth, Quo Vadis, Dragonlord) and Jason Suecof (Capharnaum, Crotchduster]) all did an amazing job and I can't wait for people to hear it! The songs are super heavy and melodic at the same time, and I think my fellow Metalheads will be pumped when they hear the album" comments drummer and founding member Richard Christy.

Vocalist Tim "Ripper Owens adds, "Well... I must say, I'm not sure what people are expecting from this CD. I mean it's coming from the mind of a drummer and we all know the crazy things he does on the Howard Stern show. That being said... THIS WILL BLOW YOU AWAY, it is a Great CD! I love it!! All the way across the board... Nice Job Richard (and Carlos the Lizard)"

Charred Walls Of The Damned recorded a cover of the song "Nice Dreams" by the Minneapolis metal band Powermad as a bonus track for the Japanese release of the band's debut album. US fans will have the chance to buy this track as well, as "Nice Dreams" will be made available on iTunes the day the album is released in the states, February 2nd 2010.

"I've been a huge fan of Powermad's classic 1989 album Absolute Power since it came out. I wanted to do a cover song that I loved and at the same time, one that a lot of people probably have not heard. Absolute Power has been out of print for some time now so I'm sure the song "Nice Dreams" will be new to a lot of people, but will also bring back some great memories for metalheads like me who love the song and who love Powermad" explains Christy.

Charred Walls Of The Damned [cover art] tracklisting:

01. Ghost Town
02. From The Abyss
03. Creating Our Machine
04. Blood on Wood
05. In a World So Cruel
06. Manifestations
07. Voices Within the Walls
08. The Darkest Eyes
09. Fear in the Sky
+ Bonus DVD - The Making of Charred Walls of the Damned

Source: metalblade.com
Band profile: Charred Walls Of The Damned
Posted: 30.11.2009 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 1   Visited by: 8 users
02.12.2009 - 09:25
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Never heard of them before, but probably this could be the bands that Owens needs to finally become respected.
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"

Hits total: 2434 | This month: 3