Metal Storm logo
Kataxu

27.07.2006 - 21:03
Basso
Account deleted
Well I thought I would create a topic for one of my fav bands, Kataxu. I am very knowing that theese guys started out in the NSBM scene, however after their 2 first cds ("North (demo)" and the "Black Clouds over Dark Majesty (split with Thunderbolt)" they released their first full-lenght, "Hunger of Elements". One of my alltime fav albums, it is just absolutly amazing and thoose that like symphonic black metal should definitly check this out.

Kataxu relies HEAVILY on synthesizers on their releases and even more so on my fav "Hunger of Elements", on this album they used a total of 3 guys playing synthesizers!!!!

Kataxu has very raw vocals and repetive drumming as the "core" of the music while the synthezisers build the amazing epic and astral atmosphere this band create. Another very cool things with them is the crystal clear production, you can really hear the music clearly. Theese guys know how to create amazing music and "Hunger of Elements" is the ultimate proof.

Supernatural Music has written on their website that they are currently recording an album to be released 2006, I can hardly wait for that release!

So anyway , lets talk about Kataxu!

Cheers!
30.07.2006 - 14:19
Basso
Account deleted
But seriously NOONE LIKES KATAXU HERE OTHER THAN ME?

/shame :/
30.07.2006 - 14:41
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Don't know them. Any site, link, video whatever?
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
30.07.2006 - 14:46
KryptoN
imperceptible
I've heard "Hunger Of Elements" about 4 or 5 times I think, it's a very nice album with interesting ambience atmospheres. Can't really think of anything more to say. Highly recommended though.
30.07.2006 - 15:00
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Lucas on 30.07.2006 at 14:41

Don't know them. Any site, link, video whatever?

I am sorry to say that I can find Neither of them. If you have msn I can send some songs though (just add me my msn is in my profile).

@ KryptoN : Good to hear that you liked it, it is one of my fav albums The way they create the astral and empty atmosphere is just amazing!
30.07.2006 - 15:22
Lucas
Mr. Noise
I will add you, though I can't get on atm. Have to play my fukken guitar!
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
30.07.2006 - 23:40
UnholyMenace
Psycho
Kataxu - Hunger of Elements was probaly one of the best black metal release in 2005. I mean the whole atmosphere and concept is so great and worth every minute of your time. I usually dont listen black metal with symphonic elements, but Kataxu really makes the music you cant miss. You close your eyes and the album takes you seomewhere far away.
30.07.2006 - 23:50
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
i heard a few mp3s from the hunger of elements album. its decent. has a unique feel to it. doesn't impress my a lot though.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
31.07.2006 - 08:26
Basso
Account deleted
@ Unholy Menace: Yes really it is just to awsome!

@ tommy tee : Too bad that it didnt impress you.
31.07.2006 - 23:47
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Currently listening to Below The Tree Of Life, the song that you send me.

I like it, very much. As I said I feel a connection with Anorexia Nervosa, though they tend to be more on the depressive side. Kataxu have a more 'warm' sound to them, I feel.

What I also like about them, is that this song is very lenghty. It is not easy to make a song so long and keep it interesting. Thanks man! I'll download some more of them, for sure!
----

01.08.2006 - 00:59
Damnated
Churchburner
I allways looked at Katazu as the Dimmu Borgir, wich kept the sound they had on 'Enthrone...', only that the sympho elements in Kataxu sound more brutal, and not so shiny, wich is the best way to play sympho BM. I also like them fro sounding like Limbonic Art, but I think Hunger Of Elements is superior to any LA album
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
01.08.2006 - 13:07
Lucas
Mr. Noise
@Damnated, ah yes, I agree. And EDT is one of their better recordings for sure.. Actually the last good one.
----

01.08.2006 - 19:13
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Lucas on 01.08.2006 at 13:07

@Damnated, ah yes, I agree. And EDT is one of their better recordings for sure.. Actually the last good one.

Hunger of Elements puts EDT to the ground imo. BUT EDT is an awesome album
01.08.2006 - 19:25
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Guest on 01.08.2006 at 19:13

Written by Lucas on 01.08.2006 at 13:07

Hunger of Elements puts EDT to the ground imo. BUT EDT is an awesome album

Nah, I don't think so. They are different. EDT is far more beautiful; I say both are good.
----

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
06.08.2006 - 22:53
Basso
Account deleted
@ Damnated : Well I do agree that they are different and that both are very good. But I think Hunger of Elements is much more beutiful than EDT is ever going to be because of the "Astral" themed synth, they really give me the chills because they are so atmoshperic and beutiful.
06.08.2006 - 23:24
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Ah well. Both are awesome! EDT is more evil to me though. Hunger Of Elements is indeed more ''Astral''.
----

10.10.2006 - 12:39
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I like them tahy are great BM band from Poland whit NS elements in music, I hear bout albums but I think demo are and firts albums are better how ''Hunger Of Elements'' becaus its not so underground any more
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
10.10.2006 - 15:26
Damnated
Churchburner
yes, the polish scene is pretty much above the ground,a ll bands are well known, and the majority is overrated
----

10.10.2006 - 22:40
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 10.10.2006 at 12:39

I like them tahy are great BM band from Poland whit NS elements in music, I hear bout albums but I think demo are and firts albums are better how ''Hunger Of Elements'' becaus its not so underground any more

I cant really understand why you see a bands "underground-faactor" as important when its a NSBM band and quite obviously so never will reach the mainstream, no matter how good they are.

I strongly disagree with the Demo and first release being better. I do however really agree that they are good!

Hunger of Elements is IMO a masterpiec and I really hope its predecessor will be atleast as awesome.

On a sidenote: The only polish BM bad I can think of that I have heard of atm is Graveland, wich didnt really live up to all the hype imo....
10.10.2006 - 22:50
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 10.10.2006 at 22:40

Written by Bad English on 10.10.2006 at 12:39

I cant really understand why you see a bands "underground-faactor" as important when its a NSBM band and quite obviously so never will reach the mainstream, no matter how good they are.

I strongly disagree with the Demo and first release being better. I do however really agree that they are good!

Hunger of Elements is IMO a masterpiec and I really hope its predecessor will be atleast as awesome.

On a sidenote: The only polish BM bad I can think of that I have heard of atm is Graveland, wich didnt really live up to all the hype imo....

Ok if you say iys masterpiece, give me some link where I can read last album lyrics, i had read only firts, i wanna get secend and i like demo and firts album better how secend buts its IMO
----

apos;'
[image]
10.10.2006 - 23:57
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 10.10.2006 at 22:50

Ok if you say iys masterpiece, give me some link where I can read last album lyrics, i had read only firts, i wanna get secend and i like demo and firts album better how secend buts its IMO

I cant find the Hunger of Elements lyrics on the internet. I do however... own an origrinal cd and has the lyrics in the booklet. I can write them tomorrow in this thread if you want.
11.10.2006 - 00:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 10.10.2006 at 23:57

Written by Bad English on 10.10.2006 at 22:50

I cant find the Hunger of Elements lyrics on the internet. I do however... own an origrinal cd and has the lyrics in the booklet. I can write them tomorrow in this thread if you want.

me too I cant find them in net you had original CD? I hawnt see it in Riga man I dont wanna take your time and I wont die if I wont read it, but if you wnat you can send me PM but us I say if you had time
----

apos;'
[image]
11.10.2006 - 00:16
Basso
Account deleted
It wont take to long writing them I guess. I can also listen to the album while writing them to get some more time with the lyrics ^^. Maybe I should upload the lyrics to a lyric archive?
11.10.2006 - 19:25
Basso
Account deleted
Here is the lyrics for thoose that doesnt own the original cd of "Hunger of Elements":

If me writing the lyrics here by any means angry someone please tell me and I will remove them.

KATAXU - HUNGER OF ELEMENTS:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In My Dungeon!

Rushing through dense forests of mountains and dells
The rustling robes, and the hair made of wild waves of air
A stoney palm, with a dreadful beuty,
Clenches sharpening the shine of the orbits.
Stimulated by thousands of fiery swamps, I fell the rythm of the pulsating earth.
Tounges rising up to the heavens - pulsating veins in rocky fissures.
The flowers of scarlet, forming a mist
... the forging gleam of the aurora astralis
... the wind of the Gods is within me!

Igneous thoughts; lead me!
I walk on the path of instinct - I grow with no impediment for future epochs.
Nothing will stop my everlasting roam
The winged praxis towards millions of gates
I, the wind of the ancient world, create an alien touch amongst the two lights -
The key of the immortal fog, and the encoded streangth.
"The mystery of blood - lies in us, children of the noble race.."
"I, the wind! Recollection the times of the shining atlantis.."

... Manye are already uncovered, and the road is thawed through the sunset in the West, but I dare to reach the unimaginable!
The bourne is grand - trough abstract psyche, here is my frantic art
I, the wind of time - create a dimension of understructable thoughts
The word "keys" became firmer than the on forged into stone.
Welcome to my rooted hemisphere of fire.

I scatter the remains of the rouge layers
I sharpen my instinct - and my feelings pierce through the barriers (beyond the cosmos)
Upon the rocks of the mountainous hemorrhages
A symphony of the preist's dance
... hate bursts out from the lips
The crowns of the surrounding trees give notice - the dances in my leafy robes shine
... in my hemisphere of fire

Here is the only moment where the shine of dawn is rotten for thy eyes.
Here is my victory; the birth among chaos.
You try to find me on your palm, wandering through mountains, but your life lines are laid down in fear.
I melt your tears, and your unwanted feelings
In the line of cold hearts - like the spearhead of the One-Eyed God!

Proficient and cunning in movement with the stars; I threat my victim with neglect.
I lon to strangle (it) with poetry, from within the deep blossoms.
Here is the mad climax and the screaming rythm when I melt the precious orbits.

...an empty gift of bitter life
...in my dungeon!

My thoughts organized with a possesed laugh
The explosions of the hating pulse - let them lead me through this hemisphere of fire
I curse you, to burn in a firy sacrifice!
...in my dungeon!
The Northern course intensifies my streangth
Ascending through the aurora of australis - I douse my hands into the lakes of stars
The mountainous swamp call - through the embers of the sheared heads.

Here is my homage to the mountainous blossoms - the ancient earth remembers
Here is the rocky beginning - the hands of the elements
The hidden word - "keys" - wuthin the human psyche.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK screw this, I am already exhausted after one song....

haha I hope this satisfies you. I dont have the energy to write the lyrics for the others atm. Maybe another day.
07.02.2008 - 15:35
Lathronniel

great band.it can be add pagan too on the genre clasification.
----
I amar prestar aen, han mathon ne nen, han mathon ne chae a han noston ned 'wilith...
07.02.2008 - 15:43
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Written by Lathronniel on 07.02.2008 at 15:35

Pagan? Besides their lyrics there is nothing Pagan about them..
----

07.02.2008 - 16:02
Lathronniel

Written by Lucas on 07.02.2008 at 15:43

so?lyrics doesn't count?the point of the author's expression literaly is that.
----
I amar prestar aen, han mathon ne nen, han mathon ne chae a han noston ned 'wilith...
07.02.2008 - 16:05
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Written by Lathronniel on 07.02.2008 at 16:02

Alright, I already see a looong debate about this subject. A debate that I don't care for. So I'll just say that in my opinion lyrics do not count when 'tagging' a band. If you disagree, fine.
----

07.02.2008 - 16:11
Lathronniel

Written by Lucas on 07.02.2008 at 16:05

Written by Lathronniel on 07.02.2008 at 16:02

Alright, I already see a looong debate about this subject. A debate that I don't care for. So I'll just say that in my opinion lyrics do not count when 'tagging' a band. If you disagree, fine.

honestly i rarely read lyrics,i'm more music 'man' but the band has several times went in the online media in genres such as pagan black with nokturnal mortum etc..yep u're right i haven't the nerves to debate it's long.
----
15.10.2009 - 15:17
Kimiwind
Speed Metal God
Found the thread about kataxu !! though still surprised ...the band quite unknown comparing to other maga power polish bands !! they are more NSBM !! but they use symphonic elements !! oeverall they are not bad !! there last album is very good !! so epic !!
----
Wintermoon Calls you, Follow It And You Will Be Proud Forever.