Metal Storm logo
Bucium - New Single Released, Recording New Album

Romanian folk-prog outfit Bucium just released a new single, called "Sus La Cheia Raiului" (English translation "High to the Heaven's Key") through the band's MySpace page. The song has the same pre-Christian foundation as the previous Christams single "The Stagg Carol" and as most of the band's songs.

The first Bucium album, called Voievozii, was launched in March 2008 by A&A Records (Warner Music) and is available on on-line stores such as Amazon, EMusic and iTunes. The band is now in the studio, for recording the second album, called Miorita (the name of an ancient Romanian myth). Songtitles to appear on the album are:

01. Miorita
02. Codrule, Maria Ta
03. Frunza Verde De Trei Flori
04. Frunza Verde Foi Marunte
05. Mirel Tinerelu'
06. Rai
07. Voinicel Instelat
08. Cand De-Acasa Am Plecat
09. La Marginea Codrului
10. Zorile

Bonus songs:
01. Cantecel De Asfintit
02. Mandra Mea Nu Ma Certa
03. Sus La Cheia Raiului

Most of the songs were written almost 8-10 years ago, but it's the first time they are properly recorded. The album itself is less metal, but more atmospheric-oriented than the predecessor, Voievozii. Bucium also has most of the songs ready for a third album, which will be recorded after the Miorita launch. Bucium is currently unsigned since the agreement with A&A Records was for only one album.

Source: myspace.com
Posted: 05.12.2009 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 1   Visited by: 32 users
05.12.2009 - 22:38
Symmachus

Quote:

Romanian folk-prog outfit...

I hadn't heard of this band before. That immediately caught my attention, since that sort of music does appeal to me.

Hits total: 2369 | This month: 4