Metal Storm logo
College Finding Help (Read First Post)

06.12.2009 - 23:47
soadbyob
Account deleted
I will be graduating in May and I still havent decided on a college or even a career path. Im wondering if anyone can point out some good colleges. Im thinking about going into the radio field (as thats the closest thing musically I can actually do and get paid). I live in central texas so something close would be preffered, does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!
09.12.2009 - 06:47
MetallicA

Go to a school with a radio station. The one I went to has one and it just so happened it was the largest student run station in terms of wattage in the country. I DJed there for 3.5 years. It was alot of fun! My field of study has nothing to do with radio so I don't know much about their programs ( this was at GA state University) Atlanta is far from Texas but we have alot of opportunities here since there is so much here like CNN and Turner. Alot of my friends who DJed got internships at these places along with some commercial radio stations. I bet Dallas has stuff to offer as well. Look in the bigger cities and and start looking up what programs schools have.
----

God's disciples want you to die!
In the blazing inferno
Slewed on Satan's pitchfork
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
by my hand... or by your fate
with no remorse.
09.12.2009 - 08:38
tulkas
el parcero
The tough thing is knowing what you want to study, 'cause you'll be spending some 4-5 years (at least that's the time here) studying that, and afterwards it's what you'll be doing for a living... supposedly. But since you've already sorted that out, you just need to check out which universities offer that program and do some insight on their curriculum, so then you can see which one you like the better and go for it.
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top