Metal Storm logo
Discharged/Retired Soldiers/Marines (nostalgic war stories)

Original post

Posted by Nighthowls, 12.12.2009 - 11:53
(Before anything is said, Specially us Infantry guys, you know its all about going back home, seeing your loved ones again, and most importantly, covering your battle Buddies back, so he can go home and see his family again, No matter the Country. Politics, and Morals aside, just doing your job) Just thought I should make a thread for us who have served and been in the military (I Proudly served in the US Army) , share your experience, do you miss it (I do) what was your specialty (mine was Rifleman), any special courses you took? (I went to Airborne School) why the branch you choose? (I found MS while I was on CQ hahaha seriously) Were you deployed? your experience deployed... reasons for serving your country? do you still have friends over there? (best bunch of guys I'll ever know) if its not tooo personal have you lost any battlebuddies? (I have) or just share a battle story or Basic Trainning or Bootcamp story. (for our fallen brothers out in Foreign Battlefields, a salute) oh yeah what do you guys think of The French Foreign Legion? (My Uttermost respect for them) Know anyone who served there? or better yet did you serve there? You guys get the picture.

- Did you guys ever get the feeling like I did many times, that the world didn't or doesn't care about what you're doing? or your sacrifices? To make this world a better place? You never look at the world the same after being a Soldier/Marine/Sailor or Airmen huh?

-Oh yeah and no insults PLEASE
14.01.2010 - 05:44
Nighthowls
Paratrooper
Quote:
Very cool thread.

I'm a little surprised and glad to see that it hasn't been trashed.

Hogging ... I've never done it; but, I've heard about it.

As far as the humps/runs went, I was tall and almost always toward the front of the formation. But, I was a Sergeant the last year that I was in. This meant that I had to take my turn at the back and help the stragglers. It was like a damn slinky back there. One minute we would be running/sprinting to keep up and the next minute walking/jogging in place.

Thanks, yeah Im surprised too, Ive been in the back plenty too, but I always passed them up, anyways you ever get your wings? whats a Marines view on Paratroopers?
14.01.2010 - 05:53
Nighthowls
Paratrooper
Quote:
Ahhh! We call it 'Pull A Bull'! Yeah, I've played that game a few times before. Won it (or lost it, depending how you look at it) a few times too! It's not really fair on the girls when you look back at it but at the time it is funny as hell, even more so when everybody compares in the morning! When I was over in Germany we used to play that game so much because the girls are so easy over there, every weekend without fail you can get laid

Pull a Bull
I guess that applies too. Fair or not The chicks (bulls or pigs ) were all happy coming out, and Im gonna dare say even proud some of them, coming out of the Infantrymen's Barracks, and some knew we were playing, but I guess they were just looking for a fun night too. you know what was the best, when the Sgt brought his siter to live with him, and warned us about trying anything on her, well two weeks later, his best friend fucked her, he was first
Im not sure about the rest, but I heard 2 other sgt's did her too, also his friends

Nah they didn't kick him out, they gave him treatment, and he even went on to Special Forces seleccion, he passed, but wasn't selected
14.01.2010 - 06:08
Nighthowls
Paratrooper
Quote:
Yeah that's fuckin carzy about the HIV! Wow...yeah well I don't have to worry about screwing Korean whores... Just gotta worry about gettin raped I guess...I'll kill whoever tries that's for sure.

How big was the pot for winning the hogging contest? I couldn't bring myself to have sex with someone I wasn't attracted to (unless drunk, just like everyone else lol) so Im assuming it was fairly large...? Or do you hoggers like them big and small? (nothing wrong with that, everyone has different tastes )

That's funny about the idiot who actually said he did acid The military definitely doesn't want people having flashbacks hahaha

That would result in a very healthy choice for (staying away from Korean Hookers)
Raped, well maybe just when you're deployed and thats IF you get captured by the enemy, but you only get captured if you surrender sooo... I really didn't hear about any rape cases though with JAG.
I don't remember exactly how big the pot was, but it varied a couple hundred everytime, and yeah like any drunk person.
Quote:
Or do you hoggers like them big and small?

We're a type or Social class now?
Anyway me personally I like them thick not too thick, but I hate them skinny.
I'll let you guys catch up and read now cause half this Thread is me
I got another good story for you guys tomorrow though, But "Immortal" you gotta start contributing here, with some of yours
15.01.2010 - 05:45
Numbskull
Quote:
Written by Nighthowls on 14.01.2010 at 05:44

Very cool thread.

Thanks, yeah Im surprised too, Ive been in the back plenty too, but I always passed them up, anyways you ever get your wings? whats a Marines view on Paratroopers?

Never jump out of an airplane. I've done more common things like repelled out of a helicopter. I've always thought Paratroopers had balls of steel. Marines have respect for any special forces, especially Navy Seals.
15.01.2010 - 21:46
MetallicA
I passed the Air Force Officer Qualifying Test! Apparently I did so well my recruiter wants me to go for a pilot position! Holy fucking shit!

I don't know if I will or not...I meet with him next week and Ill make a decision then. Wow I'm pretty excited!
----

God's disciples want you to die!
In the blazing inferno
Slewed on Satan's pitchfork
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
by my hand... or by your fate
with no remorse.
16.01.2010 - 03:36
Nighthowls
Paratrooper
Quote:
Never jump out of an airplane. I've done more common things like repelled out of a helicopter. I've always thought Paratroopers had balls of steel. Marines have respect for any special forces, especially Navy Seals.

Yeah Air Assault I wanted to get that badge, never got the chance though, it seems so fucking fun. Nah balls of steel, we just don't think about the consequences as much as as others, or at all for that matter until it happens I dislocated my ankle at Airborne school, first injury I´ve ever had. While I was there though some Force Recon guys we´re in my stick, they we´re always motivated fuck, and helped us privates out, they were cool guys, the only thing I didn't like about them is that they choose me and my team to clean the latrines every morning all because I beat them at push ups but I couldnt beat them at pull ups or running for my life. I also met some SEALS at "The Darby Queen" tough guys, kept to themselves like all Special Forces I gues, except for Force recon Rowdy ass fuckers
16.01.2010 - 03:46
Nighthowls
Paratrooper
Written by MetallicA on 15.01.2010 at 21:46

I passed the Air Force Officer Qualifying Test! Apparently I did so well my recruiter wants me to go for a pilot position! Holy fucking shit!

I don't know if I will or not...I meet with him next week and Ill make a decision then. Wow I'm pretty excited!

Man! I don't know what to say, I've always wanted to meet a pilot, never got the chance though, I always got chills when we did Air support trainning and saw the F-15's flying over us. My recruiter went on to be a Warrant Officer in the Army, flies Blackhawks now, but we don't keep in touch, anyway don´t forget your Metalstorm buddies over here (me) and after your what surely is going to be a long ass MOS trainning, send some pictures if you decide to be a pilot, do you get to chose the aircraft? either way after your basic trainning send pictures of and your experience to me yeah? I mean if we´re that cool by now, I want to know someone in the Airforce. that is of course if you decide to go on that path, either way though, man I feel like if I we´re to get selected NAH serious though thats beyond cool, you got the option, let me know what you decide, peace
- One more thing are you prepared for the gas Chamber?
16.01.2010 - 08:00
MetallicA
@nighthowls- don't worry I'm not going to ditch metalstorm

It's gonna be awhile before I go to OTS...like 2011 because they have a huge pool of applicants right now. Yeah whatever I wind up doing I'll send pics and I've heard about the gas chamber; one dude I knew who was in the army described it in great detail to me several years ago...never thought about it till now though! I guess I'll be gettin gased then huh?!
----

In the blazing inferno
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
with no remorse.
17.01.2010 - 02:13
Nighthowls
Paratrooper
2011? is that how long DEP is right now? you're probably getting sent to Lackland huh?
yeah its seems like you're getting gased, umm its all mental though, and it also depends on how many tablets they drop in the pot so count them, after you come out though feels great, cause your sinuses are extremely cleared out and your skin isn't burning anymore
What'd you think about the picture?
17.01.2010 - 06:26
Numbskull
Hey MetallicA, just don't panic and you'll be fine. Unlike one marine recruit, who right from the start was tripping about the whole gas chamber qualification. Once in the chamber he totally panicked and didn't properly dawn and clear. By the time he got out the CS gas had burned his eyes and he had snot hanging from his nose to boots. He thought he was going to die. And here's the catch, since he didn't dawn and clear, he failed to qualify. So, he had to go right back and do it all over again.
17.01.2010 - 21:38
MetallicA
Written by Numbskull on 17.01.2010 at 06:26

Hey MetallicA, just don't panic and you'll be fine. Unlike one marine recruit, who right from the start was tripping about the whole gas chamber qualification. Once in the chamber he totally panicked and didn't properly dawn and clear. By the time he got out the CS gas had burned his eyes and he had snot hanging from his nose to boots. He thought he was going to die. And here's the catch, since he didn't dawn and clear, he failed to qualify. So, he had to go right back and do it all over again.

sucks for that guy!

If I gotta do it then I gotta do it! Nah I won't panick. It's not like I'll be getting thrown in anything that'll kill me! I remember when my boyfriend had to get oc'ed in the face for the police (ok not gased but bad enough I suppose) and that shit burned him for about 2 days afterward. It took several washes to get it off him and when he went in the shower, it reactivated and ran down into his crotch me and his mom were downstairs and all of a sudden we hear this high pitched scream eminate from the shower...I laughed my ass off it wasn't funny for him though! ...from your descriptions, the gas doesn't burn like oc for 2 days after...or does it?
----

In the blazing inferno
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
with no remorse.
17.01.2010 - 21:42
MetallicA
@nighthowls - that picture cracked me up! If for whatever reason you need to seduce a gay dude, I think that'll do it
----

In the blazing inferno
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
with no remorse.
19.01.2010 - 03:29
Nighthowls
Paratrooper
(MetallicA) Shh!!!!!!!, no one can know about that picture
if it ever got around my admitance into The Legion would be denied
23.01.2010 - 03:11
Nighthowls
Paratrooper
Ey you guys seen I think its called "Legionnaire" with Jean Claude Van Dam? I turned on the TV the other day, but I just got to see the last ummm 30 minutes or so?
01.02.2010 - 19:33
MetallicA
Passed my physical!

the assistant store manager at my job was in the Air Force several years ago and he said they'll poke me and prod me and holy fuck he was NOT joking! I had to duck walk in my underwear! I also had to piss in a cup in front of someone (so they could make sure I wasn't up to anything funny I suppose)

let's see...they took my blood, did hearing and vision tests, blood pressure reading, and made me do squats and twirl my arms in circles and shit like that. The whole process took like 4 hours cause there were others there who were also taking their physicals. I got out at 10:30am (gives you an idea of how early I got there!) but apparently, it usually takes alot longer (like all day) but my recruiter purposefully scheduled me on a Monday so I wouldn't be there all day cause Mondays have less volume in terms of people testing.

yeah, I'm just glad I passed...I was scared because scoliosis runs in my family. I don't have severe back pain but I do have some back pain...I guess it's not scoliosis though thankfully.

and since I don't smoke pot and I don't do drugs, I already knew I was gonna pass the drug test which obviously I did.

speaking of the drugs, I was asked about alcohol because I checked a box that said something like "I have drank 6 or more drinks on one occasion" and I'm thinking to myself, hasn't everyone? It's not like I do that every day damn! I know some people who do drink that much every day but not me hahaha

and she asked me if I ever heard of alcohol poisoning. idk but I think she thought I was an alcoholic or something even though that box says on ONE occasion, not 2 or 3 etc.

anyways, next step is the board interview with the higher ranks!
----

In the blazing inferno
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
with no remorse.
02.02.2010 - 05:21
Numbskull
Congrats on passing the physical (piss test in a bottle). Well, at least you didn't have some doctor grabbing your nuts and asking you to cough ... ha.
Yea, I remember having to do that silly duck walk in my grungies. I can't believe they're still having people do that.
I was an enlisted marine and we all drank like fishes. It was like a requirement or at least expected that you would drink buckets of beer.
So, is the board supposed to figure out if you're officer material?
Good luck and keep us posted.
02.02.2010 - 12:35
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I applied to the US Marines, but got denied for having too many tattoos. I wanted to either be infantry/tank gunner, or an electrician, but after the recruiter saw my sleeve, he told me to apply to the US Army. So, I did, and they're fucking annoying. I called the standard number, and I had to push buttons forever. They called me a while ago when I was asleep, because the Marine recruiter gave them my number, but my phone doesn't save messages. Anyways, I think denying someone for having too many tattoos is bullshit, especially since the recruiter told me I could get more if I was accepted.
02.02.2010 - 18:01
MetallicA
@Numbskull- I will! Haha yeah I figured there's lots if drinking haha

@dangerboner- dude that's bullshit! I have tats but not on my arms or legs so it's ok. Yeah that's gotta blow pretty hard. Well, if you really want to you can go back and talk to the Army recruiter.
----

In the blazing inferno
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
with no remorse.
01.05.2010 - 15:46
Numbskull
I kind of sucks that you have to wait until June. Best of luck.
03.06.2010 - 02:11
Numbskull
Written by MetallicA on 22.04.2010 at 01:50

It's been a while! For those interested, the board started convening on Monday and finish up Friday. I find out in early June if I get selected. I've been checking out military forums lately and from what I've seen, I think I have a pretty good chance...I don't need waivers for anything like nasty drug use, alcoholism, moral, health issues, criminal record, DUI, debt or anything like that. Many of the other applicants have at least one of those things, even if it's minor, it's still a "strike" against them. idk, I just hope I get selected. There's significant "force shaping" going on in the Air Force right now so the number of slots have shrunck considerably so even though I have a decent shot, I may not be the best. Here's to hoping!

Any word yet?
03.10.2011 - 05:51
MetallicA
This is a really old thread and it's been awhile since I last posted here on a regular basis (I post things in metalstorm once in a while) but if you read the post right above this one, I mentioned something about a military board meeting. Well, needless to say, I never did get selected on that board and was too embarrassed to post that on here. The reason why I'm posting that on here now is because I tried again...and got selected!!!

The first time I went for the board I told everyone and was super excited about it. When I didn't get selected, it sucked telling everyone I didn't get selected. Obviously I went for another board but this time around, I only told a few people about it and I also told them it's an extremely competitive process and there's no guarantee. Needless to say, I didn't get my hopes up, expected the worst but was pleasantly surprised! Because I didn't get my hopes up, I carried on as if I wasn't even trying...I started grad school in the meantime. That's why I haven't been on here much...studying takes up all my time! haha

I may not get to finish my degree because of this though...kinda sucks but I can always finish later (and have them pay for it lol) I'm going for a master's in meteorology in case you were wondering. Yeah, this has been an exciting year for me
----

In the blazing inferno
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
with no remorse.
03.10.2011 - 06:07
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by MetallicA on 03.10.2011 at 05:51
The reason why I'm posting that on here now is because I tried again...and got selected!!!

Congrats! I'm sure you earned it.
Quote:
I'm going for a master's in meteorology in case you were wondering.

You better not become another unreliable weather reporter. When they say it's gonna snow I expect snow dammit!
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
03.10.2011 - 06:23
MetallicA
Written by Troy Killjoy on 03.10.2011 at 06:07

Written by MetallicA on 03.10.2011 at 05:51
The reason why I'm posting that on here now is because I tried again...and got selected!!!

Congrats! I'm sure you earned it.
Quote:
I'm going for a master's in meteorology in case you were wondering.

You better not become another unreliable weather reporter. When they say it's gonna snow I expect snow dammit!

thanks man!

lol don't worry about the weather reporting...it'll be partly mostly somewhat scattered. That'll be accurate 100% of the time!;)
----

In the blazing inferno
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
with no remorse.
03.10.2011 - 06:27
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by MetallicA on 03.10.2011 at 06:23
That'll be accurate 100% of the time!;)

I'm going to live by that report. I hope you're right.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
31.10.2011 - 18:04
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
I was in the Army for a pretty long time. .Started out as Calvary then worked my way up through Ranger school. Did 1 tour with 3BCT, did the other 2 with the 75th ranger Regiment.
I'll just tell you right now that I have seen some serious shit. Been through combat many times, have been blown up, and have done some pretty fucking serious missions. I helped Eradicate Amerihea, Baghdad, Iraq. That was one hell of a fight.
In the end its not something that I want to brag about or really tell storys. These are no wars, they are straight up invasions and its fucking bullshit.
11.11.2011 - 18:39
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
It's veterans day here in the US, that means free food from places. Hell yea.