Metal Storm logo
Salem - Sign With Pulverised Records

Official press release

Salem, the legendary and most enduring Israeli Extreme Metal band in Israel's rock/metal history ever, has now officially joined the ranks of Pulverised Records.

Salem achieved international success throughout the years with their consistency in belting out albums and has remained one of the hardest working bands coming from Israel, with each new album more powerful and stronger than the previous.

Some of the highlights of their career include the Colin Richardson-produced album A Moment Of Silence that was released in 1998 and more recently, appearing on main stage at the prestigious Hellfest Festival in 2007, alongside bands such as Machine Head, Slayer, Blind Guardian, Within Temptation, etc.

Salem's latest and 7th full-length album will be aptly entitled Playing God And Other Short Stories, with the band now deep in the midst of the mixing process.

Israel's premier metal act Salem, who recently left Season Of Mist, released the following statement to the local and international press: "We are thrilled to join the Pulverised team. The label is very attentive to our needs and puts us as a top priority act. It is something we have been yearning for years. We feel confident that together we can achieve goals that have alluded us in the past few years. The band's 7th album Playing God... is scheduled to be released mid 2010 and will include 12 scorching new tracks from the band, one of which is the head-turning cover of Bob Marley's "Exodus".

Comments Pulverised Records A&R Manager Calvin: "Personally, I have been a Salem fan for a good number of years and this is definitely a dream coming true, to be able to work hand-in-hand with one of my favourite bands. The Salem guys are all about pure dedication, as well as very meticulous and professional in every aspect. We are very anxious to see what new grounds Salem will break this time with the new album!"

Salem recently took a brand new promo photo-shoot in conjunction with the concept of the upcoming album Playing God And Other Short Stories, with the entire band donning 'superhero costumes'.

Salem skinsman Nir Nakav explained: The opening track on the new album, "Drums of the Dead" is inspired by a Hellboy graphic story by the same name. It is the first time that Abe Sapien goes on a solo mission and in the promo picture I am wearing a shirt that carries the insignia of his bureau. Remaining true to form, the other guys in the band took on characters that "Play God"; Superman with his ability to reverse time (that is why he can be seen in 3 different places at the same time on the promo shot) and the Punisher who kills evildoers.

As the lyricist of Salem, I feel obligated to add that this album will mark the first time in the band's history that we are not touching on political subjects. The album texts are all inspired by either stories I read or movies I watched in the past couple of years. I think that after a quarter of century, it is important for a band to keep moving forwards, feel fresh, innovative and vibrant. I believe that once the album is out, the world will witness a tighter than ever band with a new twist."

Watch the 3-minute video footage from the recording sessions for the band's new album, Playing God And Other Short Stories here. The clip includes the percussion session for the song "Drums of the Dead".

Source: myspace.com
Band profile: Salem
Posted: 12.12.2009 by SlaytallicA

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 1   Visited by: 11 users
12.12.2009 - 21:15
Symmachus

That video about the percussion recording was very interesting.

Hits total: 2342 | This month: 3