13. Just Me
14. Pull The Trigger
15. Hold A Grudge
16. Exciting News From The Daily Life
17. The Joker
18. Crash World
19. Dare
20. 666

Ex Shit Happens members are back under a new name, Seeker Of The Truth. This pure Hardcore combo made in France releases a new album through this new formation and let me tell you that fans of old school stuff will be happy. Don't expect any compromises in this release, 2 Decades Shunning Masks is pure in your face Hardcore, angry as hell, perfect for the fans!

Obviously, Seeker Of The Truth doesn't want to follow the trends and that's good thing. Their music is pure Hardcore with anger, violence and cool punk attitude. Sure the riffs are groovy too and the songs have blasts but all in all we're more in the vein of Cro-Mags or Sick Of It All than all the new Hardcore bands which clearly try to do something "Metal". There is a real "Punk" attitude in the music of Seeker Of The Truth and the whole short songs all have the power to addict the ones who like to listen to this music. On the other hand if some Hardcore bands can be convincing for metalheads in reason of some "crossover" orientations between the two genres 2 Decades Shunning Masks will maybe not charm a lot of Metalheads, this is simply not Metal!

The guys are not newcomers and started to play their music in the 90's so I didn't find any real problem in this release. The production is solid the guys play good Hardcore and play it well, this release don't smell the amateurish CD. Other than that, there is nothing to say about this release which at least is not so short because if the songs are short, they're a lot too! That's cool.

I'm not really into Hardcore but I like the really cool positive energy that we can find on 2 Decades Shunning Masks. This release is good no doubt and I recommend it really. If you're a fan of old school spirit music and like groovy Hardcore with Punk spirit this is a must. 2 Decades Shunning Masks proves that we have solid Hardcore bands in France too, the scene here is not so underground...

Rating breakdown
Performance: 7
Songwriting: 8
Originality: 6
Production: 7

Written by Jeff | 12.12.2009

Comments

Comments: 6   Visited by: 49 users
12.12.2009 - 22:28
insanity.peppers

Must have been asleep the day hardcore became synonymous with heavy metal.
14.12.2009 - 15:10
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by insanity.peppers on 12.12.2009 at 22:28

There are a lot of bands that are here even though they are not metal, some like Led Zeppelin are here for historical reasons so to speak. Bands like this one are proably here because the staff member got the album to review as a job.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
18.12.2009 - 07:33
insanity.peppers

Written by X-Ray Rod on 14.12.2009 at 15:10

Written by insanity.peppers on 12.12.2009 at 22:28

There are a lot of bands that are here even though they are not metal, some like Led Zeppelin are here for historical reasons so to speak. Bands like this one are proably here because the staff member got the album to review as a job.

I get what you're saying about bands like LZ, but that doesn't explain why bands like this get reviewed. If like you said they did it because it was their job, well, you've gotta question the priorities of whoever decided that it was their job to put it into "metal"storm.
18.12.2009 - 16:45
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by insanity.peppers on 18.12.2009 at 07:33

I get what you're saying about bands like LZ, but that doesn't explain why bands like this get reviewed. If like you said they did it because it was their job, well, you've gotta question the priorities of whoever decided that it was their job to put it into "metal"storm.

I don't think there's a problem with albums like this getting reviewed, It's not like Metal is the best genre of all times. There are lots of non-metal albums in this site that are pretty good and are reviewed here with the solid reason that this music might appeal some metalheads. It's their job because some labels want to have a point of view from different kind of people, I think that's pretty obvious.
It's not like we are prioriting this genres over metal... this site is open-minded, that's all.
----
Rod, let me love you.
18.12.2009 - 21:57
insanity.peppers

Written by X-Ray Rod on 18.12.2009 at 16:45

I don't think there's a problem with albums like this getting reviewed, It's not like Metal is the best genre of all times. There are lots of non-metal albums in this site that are pretty good and are reviewed here with the solid reason that this music might appeal some metalheads. It's their job because some labels want to have a point of view from different kind of people, I think that's pretty obvious.
It's not like we are prioriting this genres over metal... this site is open-minded, that's all.

In the end nobody took an interest in this review other than you and myself, and it didn't even have to do with the band or music itself. That's a pretty good indication of how superfluous a review like this is on a metal webzine.
18.12.2009 - 22:35
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by insanity.peppers on 18.12.2009 at 21:57

In the end nobody took an interest in this review other than you and myself, and it didn't even have to do with the band or music itself. That's a pretty good indication of how superfluous a review like this is on a metal webzine.

Hardcore have a quite bad reputation here, but work is work, if you ge money for doing reviews and even reviews with low scores then I really don't see the problem. And if you're reviewing the album because you're kind enough to give it a try, then it's also ok... Specially if you want to tell something to the metal comunity [I know lots of users who enjoy lots of punk, hardcore, electronica,etc]

And you are quite wrong since there are quite a lot of non-metal bands that get some attention here specially the symphonic ones like Elend for example.

But really, you're discussing this with a regular user who's just giving you theories, if you really care about this stuff then make a thread about the subject and you will get answers from the staff.
----
Rod, let me love you.

Hits total: 3370 | This month: 4