Metal Storm logo
The Strangest Thing That Has Happened To You At A Show

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 14.12.2009 - 21:59
I haven't had any myself, but I'm interested. So has anything unexpected, strange, weird or flat out ridiculous ever happen to anyone while seeing a band? Something you never thought would happen EVER...?
30.05.2010 - 18:42
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
Written by MetallicA on 20.01.2010 at 00:46

Written by Ragana on 20.01.2010 at 00:33

Written by Winterthrone on 19.01.2010 at 23:47

That's not so strange, but really stupid: At Ozzy Osbourne's concert in Quebec city in 2003, that guy just in front of me and my girlfriend was very drunk and annoying like 1 hour before the first act of the night was on the stage. He continued drinking heavily and then he collapsed like 20 minutes before the show started and was taken out on a stretcher totally unconscious... FAIL! 65$ for nothing: remember to start drinking heavily after the show is started not before!

The guy was simply being economic. Usually it's cheaper to get drunk BEFORE the concert because the prices of beer, for example, in and out of the venue differ a lot. I guess he was way too excited.

I got wasted at a Megadeth show 2 years ago and I'm still pissed at myself because I don't remember a damn song they played.
(no, I didn't get drunk beforehand, I actually spent alot on booze just to not remember anything) Either way, it sucks when you don't remember the show especially if it's a great band. I think we both were wayyy to excited! I know I was excited cause it was the first show I went to after I turned 21 (legal drinking age for the US). Let's just say, I haven't done that since then

And THAT's why I don't drink in a show...
----
Notre destinée n'est pas encore tracée....
03.06.2010 - 12:18
Hār Wulfric
Had a chick drunk off her ass start running her fingers through my hair and dancing around to BLS whish was not super wierd.
I was in the front row of a Shadows fall/Kittie concert and during the opening band the drummer of kittie stage dove right over me and damn near scalped me wither her hand.
08.06.2010 - 15:15
Empress
About 11 years ago we went to a show with several bands, one of the bands playing that night was Helstar. The venue was small and my hubby started a conversation with James Rivera...the next thing I knew we were at their hotel partying and then James was in our car and heading home with us. They had 4 days until the next show so James stayed at our house for 3 days. We showed him around the area, went to the lake, he sang for us in our living room, cooked up a ton of groceries and just had fun. We then took him to the bus station where he hopped a bus to meet up with his band mates for the next show...good times. We stayed in touch for several years after that until my hubby past away. I ran into James at different show a couple years back, he saw me standing in the back of the room and treated me like I was a long lost friend. What a good guy and very pleasant memories.
21.12.2011 - 03:17
Richard 32
Written by DoomGuard on 15.12.2009 at 02:34

I got called a faggot by Rob Dukes in between songs, just because I knew the words to the songs they have played so far haha, It's not THAT weird...but i never expected to get called a faggot by the lead singer of Exodus...

That's odd. Was he kidding or was he angry? I read that Rob Dukes punched a kid on-stage one night. What's with that guy?
21.12.2011 - 03:34
metalheadpunk
Account deleted
I was in the pit during a Danzig concert and this chick jumped and head-butted me in the jaw.
24.12.2011 - 02:55
Pinki
Guy in a wheel chair moshing and crowd surfing at opeth
24.12.2011 - 04:42
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Went to see Prong/Sepultura?/Pantera on the "Far Beyond Driven" tour.

a bunch of nazi skins were in the middle of a pit, punching/shoving anyone circling by... pretty stupid to be white power at a gig in AZ, where a huge chunk of the crowd is not white.

in any case, some nazi skin shoved me when i was off balance and sent me flying into the outer pit wall. i landed in teh ground on a heap (i was drunk... ) got up and back in the pit. during a break in between songs, someone tapped me on the shoulder. the dude I crashedlanded into found my wallet on the ground as a result of the collision, handed it back, not a penny missing.

cool guy. had i seen him after the set would have bought him a shirt and beer for being a classy, honest guy.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
24.12.2011 - 05:22
Lit.
Account deleted
The Devin Townsend show I went to recently takes the cake for weirdest show I've ever gone to. Here's some stuff that happened:
- I wear hearing aids, and before I went to the show I forgot to change the battery. By the time I was in line at the club it fully died and I was half-deaf. I had to ask a dude in line who I was talking to at the time speak up because my battery was dead. To my complete surprise, he pulled out a pack of batteries that were the same type as mine (Hearing aid batteries come in different types) and offered me one. Turns out the dude wears them too. We hung out for the rest of the show after that. May not sound weird (No pun intended) but you hearing folk wouldn't understand.
- The same guy (who's apparently a veteran of other Devin shows going back to SYL) told me Devin likes to play pop radio stuff before the show. I didn't believe him at first, but pretty soon we were all headbanging and moshing to Beyonce's Single Ladies. Weirdest. Feeling. Ever.
- At the end of the show when Devin was done playing, he shook hands with the audience on stage. I managed to shake hands with him, but I accidently slipped off a ring he had on and it fell to the floor. I tried to grab it, but it was gone. Shame, I honestly would've tried to give it back to him.
You know what. I wish I kept in contact with that dude I met at the show. I think we would've gotten along quite nicely. Hopefully, I'll meet him again next time I go to Peabody's.
24.12.2011 - 08:44
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Being handed a backstage pass at the end of a Dragonforce show for no apparent reason. I never used it, but still have it.
09.04.2012 - 17:14
The bassist of a band spitted on my hair. I don't talk about it much.
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter
10.04.2012 - 11:06
ANGEL REAPER
Written by Infernal Eternal on 09.04.2012 at 17:14

i would actually stab that bastard for doing so... also if he were in my band i would immediately kick the shit of him for doing that...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
10.04.2012 - 11:09
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 10.04.2012 at 11:06

Written by Infernal Eternal on 09.04.2012 at 17:14

i would actually stab that bastard for doing so... also if he were in my band i would immediately kick the shit of him for doing that...

I don't think he did that on purpose but I if I could find him after the gig, I would have stabbed him 24 times in self-defense.
----
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter
10.04.2012 - 11:19
ANGEL REAPER
Written by Infernal Eternal on 10.04.2012 at 11:09

I don't think he did that on purpose but I if I could find him after the gig, I would have stabbed him 24 times in self-defense.

either way that is not the act of respect to the people who came to hear you play...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
10.04.2012 - 11:21
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 10.04.2012 at 11:19

Written by Infernal Eternal on 10.04.2012 at 11:09

either way that is not the act of respect to the people who came to hear you play...

Agree.
----
09.05.2012 - 01:17
Nosurper
Stinky Lips
Not strange but awesome, a veteran had his leg blown off and was up front with me and my sister during Metallicas DM tour. He took off his leg appendage and held it up front. The band threw maybe 15 picks in there. It was good times.
----
24.06.2012 - 13:20
tuthitamlut
Not so much weird, but once when i was in a death tribute show, the singer threw a tambourine to the audience and i caught it. after that someone who looked a bit drunk tried to take the tambourine from me and asked me to give him that and he will bring it as a gift for his 4 years old girl.i decided to give up and let him take the tambourine. after that, he threw the tambourine back to the stage and both the singer and the drummer moved their head so the tambourine won't hit them
05.07.2012 - 23:05
Valentin B
Iconoclast
At a festival Soundgarden was playing. I was standing around and at one moment some woman pokes me in the left arm and extends a beer bottle to me. I take the beer and she leaves without saying anything. weird, but definitely AWESOME
05.07.2012 - 23:08
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
I was at a Shadows Fall/Goatwhore concert, when I was 12, and some totally smashed guy picked me up and put me on his shoulders, then Brain Fair high-fived me.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
06.07.2012 - 01:27
Mattybu
Mine isn't not an overly weird experience but very memorable. It was at Canadian Carnage 2 years ago. Testament and Megadeth finished up and Slayer had taken the stage. It was a seated venue as far back as I was although there was a flat area right up front where moshing was going on. Anyways, Slayer is up there, probably everyone in the whole place is standing and Slayer is going off. Just killing it. But there's this really, really fat guy sitting down in front of me, paying just about no attention to Slayer, just sitting there reading FML on his blackberry. Like he was bored on the subway. It also looked like he was there alone, raising the question, why go to a show just to do that? The funniest part was he had a spider crawling around on his shoulder and he didn't notice it

I found that pretty weird and certainly memorable.
06.07.2012 - 03:20
sallyjay
While waiting to watch Motorhead, this strange guy walked up to my brother, his group of friends and I and started asking us how we were doing. He was this really odd indian chap, probably in his mid 30's, who seemed to be extremely out of place what with his maroon dress shirt which was neatly tucked in to his waist high pants and "fancy" shoes. We responded with the usual "we're fine" and asked him how he was doing...All of a sudden his eyes enlarged and he started to go down almost crouching and crab walking whilst his feet were not moving(if that makes any sense) as if he was involved in some sort of magical ritual and then with his arms raised and he says softly "I am fine..." and then he shouts "BY THE GRACE OF......SATANNN!!!!!" and then he started to giggle like a maniac, and he did a backwards somersault on the floor and then he lay on the floor as if he was having a seizure or something. Me assuming he was drunk asked him again if he was doing alright and he stopped his seizure, sat up and asks me to come close to his face. Then he whispers in my ear(you must assume that caps means he was shouting) "I am here. I am good. This all is good. The everything is good[sic]. WHEN THE EVERYTHING IS GOOD, THEN I AM ALSO THE VERY.. VERY... GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!! THANK GOD FOR SATANNNN-N-N-NUH!!!" and again he rolls on his back, and shakes his feet up in the air, rolls back on his feet and runs into the crowd in a zig-zag manner with his arms outstretched as if he was pretending to be a plane. The weird part is that this was here in Dubai, so I'm pretty sure there were no drugs involved. It might've been the booze, but that was still probably the most bizarre thing I have ever encountered all my life.
23.10.2013 - 19:33
Wukk
Pretty sure none of this is weird enough to qualify for the thread (maybe not even weird at all), but here's a list of everything even slightly out of the ordinary:

Someone over twice my age tried to start a fight with me for no reason at a Stryper show. A STRYPER SHOW.

The vocalist of a local band with an audience of literally 12 people started a moshpit - by that, I mean announced a moshpit, then jumped off the stage and ran into a bunch of people.

At a later gig, the same local band got a conga line going in the crowd. Both times I saw them I'd gone specifically to see Kyrbgrinder (Threshold drummer's side project), but the second time, I somehow managed to make it to the venue about ten seconds before they finished their set. :s

A friend of mine (didn't know him at the time of the gig, now I know him through uni) got told by Nick Holmes he looks like someone off Brookside.

About this time last year, I saw Katatonia/Alcest play a venue that's only really big enough for local bands. After their third song, Katatonia ended up setting off the fire alarm with their smoke machine, delaying the rest of the set by 15-20 minutes, during which time Jonas just stood there looking awkward and Daniel mucked around on drums (he basically just played this the whole time) to have some fun with the crowd. They still played their entire 20-song setlist afterwards. Heroes.

Hoping for more gigs and some genuinely strange happenings in the future. I love threads like this and I want to be able to contribute something good.
----
If you're 666 then I'm 777
http://www.last.fm/user/Joodicator
23.10.2013 - 20:09
Vombatus
Potorro
Quite a bizarre episode was during a Cannibal Corpse concert, there was a naked guy sleeping/hungover on the floor in the middle of the crowd
23.10.2013 - 20:23
no one
Account deleted
There were some national front dudes at this hardcore show and the singer said in between songs that there were some people here not wanted. As soon as he started the next song the whole mosh (like 30 people) pit started beating the shit out of these national front dudes then threw them out the door.
23.10.2013 - 20:50
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Am surprised I didn't post here yet.

The strangest thing that happened to me at a concert was at Dynamo Open Air in 1987 when I got hit in the head by a Bible Stryper threw into the crowd. In my anger I threw it back at the stage and missed Michael Sweet by an inch, thank God.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

23.10.2013 - 22:41
Warman
Erotic Stains
The strangest thing that has happened to me, isn't funny at all unless you were there the whole time, and a part of my group of friends, or had our bad sense of humour.

Anyway. To make a long, boring story short. My friend plays bass in a band. One of our friends (who is almost mentally retarded, his IQ is 60) asked "do you have your own bass project?". We were kinda drunk, thought that was hillarious. So we sat the whole evening laughing at that, imagining him in his own bad bass project with no other instruments and shitty growls. We came up with bad bass and growl impressions of songs, our favourite being "The Trooper". That joke stuck with us, and we were always like "oh, imagine this song with just the bass". Especially during "The Trooper", laughing so hard we cried.

A couple of months later we go to see an Ensiferum show. In the middle of it, between two songs, the bass players from the opening bands (Amoral and Profane Omen, like that wasn't hillarious enough) comes up on stage. They start to play "The Trooper". With just bass. And bad growl.
Me and my friend was like
"They stole our joke... how... have they like... heard us? Is this for real?"
----
23.10.2013 - 22:51
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Well I was only in one real show, and there Mayhem was playing, when they finished, Necrobutcher jumped down ( omg) and shook hands with everyone in front, and I was one of those headbangers in front, I was quite excited when he was shaking my hand, and he asked me something like my name and where I come from, not very strange I know, but for me it was, and now it's a sweet memory
----
The Fangirl.
24.10.2013 - 02:58
Guib
Thrash Talker
Well as far as I am concerned the strangest thing that ever happened to me in a show, was not even in a Metal show... it was actually a Billy Talent show.. and I saw three different cat fights the same night. That was disturbing at best especially the last one since I was kind of in the middle of it right between the 2 crazed girls, had to make em' stop cuz I just couldn't enjoy the show anymore. Yes don't judge me for going to a billy talent show okay ? It was very good apart from this.
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
24.10.2013 - 03:55
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
I went to see a fairly underground grindcore band called Greber. There was only like 20 people at the show, and while making my way to the back of the venue, someone haymakered me right in the side of the head. Knocked my ass out.

Killer show, though.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
30.10.2013 - 14:51
Jtbmetal123
Wayne from Hatebreed gave me his pick after the guys in front of me started fighting really bad. I thought that was cool.
04.11.2013 - 02:21
Sinfonia
Lots of strange things always happen to me when I go to festivals or concerts

At graspop, Slayer was playing, and suddenly a random guy walked towards me, reached his hand out for me, so I did te same to greet him. He kissed my hand and said
'WELCOME TO GRASPOP' and continued his walk.

And a guy who tried hitting on me while my boyfriend was next to me.. That was very awkward.

And I am always the black sheep who will get soaking wet in beer because some idiots throw their drinks in the air which happen to land on me, and then I get beer in my eyes and that kind of stuff.

At an Iron Maiden concert, 2 totally drunk fat guys were wresteling. It looked so funny, and then one fell on the ground and we tried to get him up and his friend was like 'Nah, just leave him there :')'
----
When there is a voice recalling, when a whisper is resounding
When a feather's grazing you again, you start traveling with your mind.