‹‹ Back to the General forum Pages: [1] 2
Users visited: 44  
Search this topic:  

animal

29.07.2006 at 10:41
Teenager sentenced to prison for breaking into tomb
June 29, 2006

ST. JOHNSBURY, Vt. --A Morrisville teenager has been sentenced to prison for opening a tomb and cutting the head off a corpse.

Nickolas Buckalew, 18, sentenced to between 1 and 7 years Wednesday, was given credit for the 14 months he was held in prison awaiting trial. He has been sent to a psychiatric facility in Cuttingsville for further treatment.

Buckalew agreed to plead guilty to two felony counts: intentionally removing or injuring a tombstone, and intentionally disinterring and carrying away the remains of a human body.

He was sentenced at Vermont District Court in St. Johnsbury because a utility problem shut down the courthouse in Hyde Park.

Authorities said Buckalew went to a cemetery in Morrisville on April 8, 2005, and opened an above-ground tomb. He removed the casket lid and used a hacksaw to cut the head off a corpse. He also stole eyeglasses and a bow tie from the casket. The head was placed in a plastic bag, which he used to take it home.

Witnesses said Buckalew told them he intended to bleach the skull and use it as a bong to smoke marijuana, according to an affidavit by Morristown Patrolman Ryan Bjerke.

The witnesses went to the tomb to find out whether Buckalew was telling the truth. They found it had been opened and there was a headless body inside before reporting the incident to police.

The skull and other items were discovered after Buckalew's home was searched by police.

Buckalew is being transferred to Spring Lake Ranch in Cuttingsville, which is a residential program for psychiatric treatment. A psychiatrist testified that Buckalew suffered from bipolar disorder.

Buckalew said in court that he wanted to get help.

"It was a horrendous thing that I did. What I did was appalling," he said. "I didn't think of the victim. ... I want to get help for my mental problems."

------

Information from: The Caledonian-Record, http://www.caledonian-record.com

Link
----
"I got 1,000 years of power! Come and get me!" Robert McLain- Royal Oak, MI
Suicide Bug
Account deleted
  29.07.2006 at 11:06
what is there to say? This guy is obviously disturbed, and while he hasn't harmed anyone yet, he may certainly do so in the future. Many psychotic serial killers stat this way, mutilating corpses or small animals until they finally decide to move on to live people. Good thing that they catched him so soon to keep him under observation. If what he said in court was sincere it may just have been a rather ghoulish teenage act, and he can well be recovered still.
Xaphiris

29.07.2006 at 11:39
Bleach the skull to make a bong out of it??? that is just plain stupid. Fucking pot-head wasted his brains and now he's in the looney bin. Shit happens...
----
pox
Account deleted
  29.07.2006 at 14:12
cuttingsville, hahahahaha
hanna of steel
Poison Girl

29.07.2006 at 14:34
This is rather sad really - if he really had to go to these lengths to get some sort of help.
He must have been acting stragnely before doing this - surely someone would have noticed ?

@ animal - I like your heading for this subject - only on MS would you get away with something like that
----
Hell is other people - Jean-Paul Sartre
Stigmatized

29.07.2006 at 15:59
This will haunt my dreams for a long time. Surely he could have acquired a smoking device for pot.....instead of beheading a corpse?
-tom-
Mr FancyPants

29.07.2006 at 20:19
yes, but a plastic bottle with a whole burned in it wouldn't be as cool as a human skull.

pretty funny though. he told people about it and you know how some people do stupid things for acceptance from their peers. he probably joked about it with friends and then went through with it without realising they weren't serious. this is similar to that episode of the simpsons but bart didn't have any mildly amusing purpose for the head.

oh, and that was a statue
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
Lupas
Maximus

30.07.2006 at 08:17
I think that this guy has a vertile imaginatian:)
A human skull for a pot, a real human skull
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido

30.07.2006 at 22:06
He could be a hero for the death metal don't you think?

Amazing! i wonder what he has smelled when he opened the tomb...
Lupas
Maximus

30.07.2006 at 22:08
Written by Vinnie R. on 30.07.2006 at 22:06

He could be a hero for the death metal don't you think?

Amazing! i wonder what he has smelled when he opened the tomb...

I think that he smell like shit
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido

30.07.2006 at 22:13
hahahaha, it's a really hilarious. Now what he has smelled when he smoke pot in the casket! i think he had an ultratomb flight hehehehe
Lupas
Maximus

30.07.2006 at 22:22
Written by Vinnie R. on 30.07.2006 at 22:13

hahahaha, it's a really hilarious. Now what he has smelled when he smoke pot in the casket! i think he had an ultratomb flight hehehehe

Yeah a flight to the tomb .
----
Valentin B
Iconoclast

30.07.2006 at 22:34
i wonder what cannibal corpse has to say about this
----
Sing me a song, you're a singer
Do me a wrong, you're a bringer of evil.
-tom-
Mr FancyPants

30.07.2006 at 22:50
well early cannibal corpse is know for its exceptionally gory lyrics (though they're pretty tame by todays standards) and chris barnes can't shut up about pot-smoking in interviews. maybe this incident was inspired by CC
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
Valentin B
Iconoclast

30.07.2006 at 22:52
couldn't have said it better
----
Sing me a song, you're a singer
Do me a wrong, you're a bringer of evil.
ThunderAxe1989
Irreligious

31.07.2006 at 03:22
lol, wow.......great shit....there's something you don't hear about everyday.
BreadGod
Captain Virgin

01.08.2006 at 04:49
I think it's safe to say that the kid is pretty fucked-up in the head. Now, I can understand people wanting to use a human skull in decorating a room, but this is unreal. Bleaching a skull in order to use it as a pot-smoking device? Why couldn't the kid use money, go to an underground dealer, and buy a bong or something? Perhaps the kid didn't have any money. However, couldn't he have used instructions off the internets to make a bong out of household products? In conclusion, this is not a story you hear on the news every day.
----
Death Metal Bread
MAH BLAAGH
8chan
Quote:
Clearly your a virgin, go join captain virgin and the virginteers , the power is your lol
-tom-
Mr FancyPants

01.08.2006 at 21:10
bongs aren't complicated things. you can make one by burning a small hole in the side of a plastic bottle and putting whatever you want inside the bottle and a joint in the hole you burned (you can light the joint and burn the hole through with that unless you rolled it like a moron). i haven't done this, for the record.

@ins: why is having a skull for a household ornament worse than using it for a bong. either way, the reason for having it would be for ornamental purposes and perhaps kudos from your peers.
----

Read Watchmen.
BreadGod
Captain Virgin

01.08.2006 at 21:16
Written by -tom- on 01.08.2006 at 21:10

@ins: why is having a skull for a household ornament worse than using it for a bong. either way, the reason for having it would be for ornamental purposes and perhaps kudos from your peers.

I wasn't saying that using it as an ornament was worse than using it as a bong. What I was saying was that people having it for ornamental purposes would be ok, but using it as a bong would be stupid.
----
Death Metal Bread
MAH BLAAGH
8chan
Quote:
Clearly your a virgin, go join captain virgin and the virginteers , the power is your lol
-tom-
Mr FancyPants

01.08.2006 at 21:21
woops. i meant that the other way round. why is using it for a bong worse?

i would say both are the same. choosing to use a human skull for a bong when other objects could be used would be for ornamental value.
----

Read Watchmen.
animal

02.08.2006 at 11:28
Hey, you can't blame a person for wanting to get "ahead" in life!
----
"I got 1,000 years of power! Come and get me!" Robert McLain- Royal Oak, MI
SilentScream
Blasphemer

02.08.2006 at 14:26
I work in a cemetery so I guess my opinion on this incident is a bit biased : whoever goes around either digging up people or vandalizing is an absolute moron of the worse kind.

This individual is a complete idiot and deserves his sentence. He can say all he wants that he did ''a very bad thing'' but the thing is that this guy was stupid enough to actually do it, which goes to show that this dude is numbskull (ok, I guess that one was kind of easy )
----
http://www.facebook.com/#!/phosphorusqc
Daru Jericho

03.08.2006 at 05:01
At least he admits that he has a problem.

And I was actually expecting this article to relate the incident to metal somehow blah blah blah but then I realised I wasn't in the metal forum and the title would probably have mentioned the blamed band or the word 'metal'.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

Beer Fairy

04.08.2006 at 13:25
This is brutal
Hylia

07.09.2006 at 07:21
I've never heard of such a thing,Bongs aren't that expenisve...he could of just bought one and spared himself years in prison.
Asat0r

08.09.2006 at 09:30
Damn that bitch is hardcore. @ Daru Jericho, I was also thinking it was somehow going to be related to metal, I was still surprised that it wasn't.
----
To become the strongest, I am left with no regrets. Even if I am damned to Hell.
KamikazeChicken
Account deleted
  08.09.2006 at 10:13
hahahah i dont see how the kid could have really used it as a bong, he would have had to seal the holes in it :S

Anyway that kid is obviously mentally ill.

oh and cuttingsville lol ironic.
tulkas
el parcero

09.09.2006 at 07:36
His mental illness certainly helps his creativity hahaha.

I really can't imagine what I would think if I saw someone smoking pot out of a human skull, hmmm It would be very intersting
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
Sethaios
Account deleted
  15.09.2006 at 17:29
Pretty lame or what?well i guess these were nothing but stupid excuses he was trying to find..my guess is that he had smoked some weed with his friends,then a stupid bet came,like : ''if you chop a head from a corpse i give you .... bucks'' and the idiot tried to gain these money in order to buy some more weed... damn i m good...i should be part of the police force....:thankyou:
AlexCromlech
Account deleted
  07.02.2007 at 12:12
Written by -tom- on 30.07.2006 at 22:50

well early cannibal corpse is know for its exceptionally gory lyrics (though they're pretty tame by todays standards) and chris barnes can't shut up about pot-smoking in interviews. maybe this incident was inspired by CC

I concur

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: [1] 2

Login or register to post here.