Metal Storm logo
Good music for practicing martial arts or while fighting. & Discussion

Poll

Which good music is for practicing martial arts or better fight ?

Thrash
Death
Power metal
Black metal
Non metal (specify genre pls)
Grind
Other metal genre (explain pls)
No music (explain)

Total votes: 10
19.12.2009 - 06:03
FOOCK Nam

What music is good for fighting or practice martial art ?

To me, I like thrash and some like thrash death or death, other metal seems a bit too abstract for me. Non-metal, I like some music from martial art movies, it has like ortiental element, instruments etc. Sometimes I like no music when doing martial art, I dont know why, though that is rare and Im not sure for the effect of the practice.

What about you ? and disscuss,
19.12.2009 - 13:55
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
Thrash so i can thrash my opponent to pieces
06.01.2010 - 09:40
Immortal

The Mortal Kombat theme tune!
----
"Hope is the greatest of all evils, for it prolongs the torment of man." - Friedrich Nietzsche
23.12.2011 - 09:36
FOOCK Nam

23.12.2011 - 09:58
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
When I'm training for my next big MMA fight, I train to the sounds of funeral doom.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
23.12.2011 - 16:48
FOOCK Nam

Written by Troy Killjoy on 23.12.2011 at 09:58

When I'm training for my next big MMA fight, I train to the sounds of funeral doom.

You can use funeral doom for Tai Chi :p
24.12.2011 - 19:49
IronAngel

You probably shouldn't use music for taiji, though. It may distract you from the exercise of listening to your body. At least that was my teacher's opinion. It was a more meditative and therapeutical approach at the discipline, though. I know they use music in competitive taiji in China, but that's more like gymnastics and not the "real thing." (Not that the Westernized wishy-washy version I practiced was the "real thing" either.)
28.12.2011 - 15:55
FOOCK Nam

Written by IronAngel on 24.12.2011 at 19:49

You probably shouldn't use music for taiji, though. It may distract you from the exercise of listening to your body. At least that was my teacher's opinion. It was a more meditative and therapeutical approach at the discipline, though. I know they use music in competitive taiji in China, but that's more like gymnastics and not the "real thing." (Not that the Westernized wishy-washy version I practiced was the "real thing" either.)

Oh I was fun of sarcasm on funeral doom thing of Troy with taiji, I just find generic that both taiji and funeral doom are slow in speed, so combine to say it xD.

Yeah I also never find any music around people who were practicing taiji, only when like you said, gymnastics or performance, in a big hall or stadium some music played to add "the color" for the show/performance.

And I'm quite surprised that there is in Metalstorm or metalhead knowing taiji like you. Martial arts is big thing if regards hobby or interest, not less remarkable like huge music metal culture.
28.12.2011 - 19:53
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
03.01.2012 - 14:15
A.Ghosheh

I don't know about martial arts, but give me a machine gun while listening to Vital Remains and I'll conquer the world
----
Kem Khefa Kheshef
11.02.2012 - 05:08
albinoman

Definitely death or thrash, something about the speed pumps you up