Metal Storm logo
Best Megadeth song

Poll

which is in your opinion,the best song this band has composed?

other
Holy wars
Simphony of destruction
Peace sells
Rust in peace
she-wolf
Mechanix
Blackmail the universe
The scorpion

Total votes: 336
29.07.2006 - 23:00
Valentin B
Iconoclast
imo it's either the scorpion or rust in peace.they both have aggression and they're good songs if you want someone to know a bit vaguely what megadeth is about.both have great lyrics,choruses and great guitar work,something all the megadeth fans got used to
so....no posts like PEACE SELLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
explain your option
30.07.2006 - 00:06
spirit_inblack
harshhead
I voted for Holy Wars because it is the song that really got me into Megadeth and it has great lyrics and awesome riffs. The solos are crazy too. I always feel good when I listen to this song.

Other great Megadeth songs: A Tout Le Monde, Tornado Of Souls, Skin O' My Teeth, In My Darkest Hour, Wake Up Dead, Train Of Consequences
30.07.2006 - 01:14
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I vote for other, because its hard to tell best megadeath song of firts 4 albums, all are great, same about ''Youthinesia'' and also I like ''Die Deadt Enought'' great song, so its hard to tell maybe beter pool be best song of ''XXX'' album, tehn its easier
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
30.07.2006 - 01:32
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Hangar 18 is my favorite Megadeth song because of the progression and the crazy instrumentals.
30.07.2006 - 02:28
Endoftherainbow
I can't pick just one song but I would have to say my top 5 are:
Devil's Island - I really like the agression and anger.
Wake Up Dead - Same thing as above.
In My Darkest Hour - Great song with alot of emotion.
Hook In Mouth - Great Chours in the song.
Five Magics - This is probably one of the most underrated songs on Rust In Piece beccause this song contains some really great solos.
30.07.2006 - 03:13
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
It must be "Tornado of Souls" a song made for solos...one of the best songs in metal history!
30.07.2006 - 03:45
Mega-Slayer
Without a doubt "Good Mourning/Black Friday" is my fav.,its very heavy,progressive and so violent and satanic,Dave has never wrote a song quite like that.second on my list is "Wake Up Dead" it such an energetic song,I also like "Skull Beneath The Skin" the guitar work is tight.
----

Intestinally Punctured Smurf
30.07.2006 - 03:47
Mega-Slayer
Written by Endoftherainbow on 30.07.2006 at 02:28

I can't pick just one song but I would have to say my top 5 are:
Devil's Island - I really like the agression and anger.
Wake Up Dead - Same thing as above.
In My Darkest Hour - Great song with alot of emotion.
Hook In Mouth - Great Chours in the song.
Five Magics - This is probably one of the most underrated songs on Rust In Piece beccause this song contains some really great solos.

I agree with you on "Five Magics",its so cool how Marty has about 4 solos in the song.
----

Intestinally Punctured Smurf
30.07.2006 - 14:41
X-FrEaK
Symphony of Destruction for sure DDDD im not a great Megadeth fan, ive only heard to Back to the Start, and the best song is without a doubt Symphony
----
30.07.2006 - 15:50
Eight
Shapeshifter
Written by Guest on 30.07.2006 at 03:13

It must be "Tornado of Souls" a song made for solos...one of the best songs in metal history!

I canät say more. Same here.
----
Book: "I am a Shepherd. Folks like a man of God."

Mal: "No, they don't. Men of God make everyone feel guilty and judged."
30.07.2006 - 16:02
lordz
IzZo
Holy Wars for me amazing song with good guitar work and lyrics... Hanger 18 would be second simply cuz of the solos in it
30.07.2006 - 19:13
MetalSpider
I chose Symphony of Destruction although really I like pretty much every song on that list as well as a lot of others not on that list.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
31.07.2006 - 08:34
Thrash666
"The Conjuring"or "Good Morning/Black Friday" from the Peace Sells album is my favorite Megadeth song. Both are really amazing songs with great solos and Dave's voice sounds fucking sick in "The Conjuring".
----
LONG LIVE THASH!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. "Dimebag" Darrell Abott
Drink a "blacktooth" for Dimebag
01.08.2006 - 01:26
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
She-wolf is the best song not only from that list, is the best of megadeth
02.08.2006 - 06:15
Daru Jericho
Other. I have so many Megadeth favourites but my ultimate favourite song is probably '99 Ways To Die'. Awesome attention grabbing intro, great riffing and the Spanish sounding guitar bit towards the end of the song is great too. Of course the solo is amazing; I don't think I really needed to mention that. Too bad not so many people remember this song.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

02.08.2006 - 22:13
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
admin
Either "Wake Up Dead" or "Hangar 18", depending on my mood.

I prefer the tone and aggression of "WUD" at times, at other times I prefer the feel of "H 18" - it just seems weird/different from typical straightforward thrash. It sounds, fittingly enough, almost 'alien' in a way.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
03.08.2006 - 00:23
FrozenSky
First Megadeths album I heard was "Rust In Peace". "Hangar 18" blew me away and made me fall in love in Megadeths music. The riffs, the solos. It still stayed my favorite Megadeth song after hearing all the other albums. "Hangar 18" is not only my favorite Megadeths song, but one of my favorite songs overall.
04.08.2006 - 21:13
DLMokoma
Account deleted
I voted other, 'cause my fav. song from Megadeth is from So Far, So Good, So What! I'm not sure what it would be from the 8 great songs, but In My Darkest Hour and Set The World Afire are really good. I especially like the chorus and solos. Makes me wanna go grazy and stuff
24.08.2006 - 15:25
TimmyPix
I voted for Holy Wars cos it was the first Megadeth song I heard and I loved it...though I think Die Dead Enough and Hangar 18 should have been on the list, that way i would have had to think!
----
And remember kids, don't play with matches - flamethrowers are much more fun!
24.08.2006 - 15:43
Eddie
Retired Mod.
elite
My fav song ever is Hangar 18, and well, I'm just crazy about Megadeth, so Wake Up Dead, Rust In Peace and Holy Wars are also among my favorite songs. Those songs and those albums they are from really got me into metal. Ahw, such greatness.

So I voted 'other'.
30.08.2006 - 14:35
Mariela.
Account deleted
she wolf live is just wonderful! And the solos! It's just great!
31.08.2006 - 23:41
Bengans
Account deleted
Voted "Other" because I think Tornado Of Souls is my favourite... Dave have a really special voice and really shows it of in this song. And I love it! One of the first i heard with them also. This song is Megadeth for me.
01.09.2006 - 04:16
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
my favorits songs are "Peace Sells" and "Captive Honour" (Your soul better belong to Jesus, cuz your ass belongs to me..... hm, hmm....)!
----
01.09.2006 - 09:52
DIE_by_my_HAND
My favorites are Take No Prisoners, Holy Wars, Hook In Mouth, Wake Up Dead, Five Magics, well there are many more and I really cannot chose only one, but I voted for Holy Wars from the list...
----
And music: well it's just entertainment folks!!
-Devin Townsend
01.09.2006 - 11:16
Throne of Rats
Holy Wars is the only Megadeath song I like.
----
Burning Crosses, Invoke the Powers, Rape the Crown, Hell Awaits!!
04.09.2006 - 11:44
Nihilist Void
Megadeth over the time had good songs."Hanger 18" is one of those songs,it's energetic and powerfull once you listen it once you would like to listen to it again and again.Similar songs,"The Killing Road" and "Symphony of Destruction"

----
You cannot see God,but is necesary to look one time in the mirror,to see the devil.
28.09.2006 - 06:44
IrOnRoSeS
Account deleted
Once again i agree with Pyroleprechaun... the second time in one day, man we are brothers separated at born

Like he stated, for me Hangar 18 is the best song Dave & Co. have written...maybe it's because i play guitar (well... at least i try to play ) but i think it's a magical song although all songs in Rust In Peace kick serious ass
11.10.2006 - 00:46
Forever Lost
Account deleted
Top five would have to be;

>Looking Down The Cross

>My Last Words

>Devil's Island

>In My Darkest Hour

>Mary Jane

Most of them are weird choices I know, but all of these songs speak volumes to me. They've written by far more technically perfect songs, it goes without saying Hanger 18 is a masterpiece. But these are more personal fave's.
14.10.2006 - 05:12
Unholy_Emperor
For me Peace Sells, the incredible intro, the lyrics when Dave starts singing 'Peace Sells!' and also the emotival importance that it was the first song from Megadeth I really like.
26.10.2006 - 20:13
barryjones335
Account deleted
i voted for rust in peace. other than that my favorites are probably take no prisoners, my last words, and the newer...disconnect