Metal Storm logo
Best Megadeth song

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 29.07.2006 - 23:00
imo it's either the scorpion or rust in peace.they both have aggression and they're good songs if you want someone to know a bit vaguely what megadeth is about.both have great lyrics,choruses and great guitar work,something all the megadeth fans got used to
so....no posts like PEACE SELLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
explain your option

Poll

which is in your opinion,the best song this band has composed?

other
Holy wars
Simphony of destruction
Peace sells
Rust in peace
she-wolf
Mechanix
Blackmail the universe
The scorpion

Total votes: 335
28.10.2006 - 08:37
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
I voted other, my favorite song is captive o=honour, the lyrical content in that song is phenominal.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
29.10.2006 - 13:47
Warman
Erotic Stains
Other, Tornado of Souls is the best Megadeth song without doubt. Love the solos, Mustaine's voice and the riffs.
----
10.11.2006 - 17:36
MegaJuan
Account deleted
second half of Holy wars
or take no prisoners
poison was the cure
many good sondgs
10.11.2006 - 17:57
Southern Wind
Account deleted
I love "Prince Of Darkness"... too bad it is the only worthy song from a shit of album....
15.11.2006 - 07:17
Eternal Flames

Well I would say Holy Wars from that list. Song is just brilliant. Great solos, great lyrics. It's just perfect. Although I think it's a tie with Wake Up Dead. I really can't make up my mind about those two songs. And Tornado Of Souls. The three are my all time favourite Megadeth songs and it would be near impossible to choose between them, but I voted for Holy Wars only because it was the first I had heard by them.
18.11.2006 - 03:20
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Peace Sells is awesome, I don't know... I like it because of GTA Vce City radio... Elysian Fields slams too.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
18.11.2006 - 11:38
Eight
Shapeshifter
From that list - 'Holy Wars', but THE most catchy song is 'Tornado of Souls' and it's one of the best in my opinion.
----
Book: "I am a Shepherd. Folks like a man of God."

Mal: "No, they don't. Men of God make everyone feel guilty and judged."
18.11.2006 - 23:07
Mariela.
Account deleted
Written by Eight on 18.11.2006 at 11:38

From that list - 'Holy Wars', but THE most catchy song is 'Tornado of Souls' and it's one of the best in my opinion.

I agree, but in my opinion ToS live is far more better than the cd version. It sounds a lot better live, at least Dave sounds better in that song live than on the album. =)
18.11.2006 - 23:34
Eight
Shapeshifter
Written by Guest on 18.11.2006 at 23:07

I agree, but in my opinion ToS live is far more better than the cd version. It sounds a lot better live, at least Dave sounds better in that song live than on the album. =)

Well, haven't seen them live, so i can't juge them. But i think they can thow a show
----
Book: "I am a Shepherd. Folks like a man of God."

Mal: "No, they don't. Men of God make everyone feel guilty and judged."
18.11.2006 - 23:59
Mariela.
Account deleted
Written by Eight on 18.11.2006 at 23:34

Written by Guest on 18.11.2006 at 23:07

Well, haven't seen them live, so i can't juge them. But i think they can thow a show

I've seen them once, a year ago, but I heard ToS live for the first time when i listened to Rude Awakening, but then again that isn't the same thing.. =)
05.03.2007 - 01:45
rickash
Account deleted
Damn I must have a odd taste, nobody have even mentioned one of my 5 favourites which are as follow:

A tout le monde
though i knew it all
die dead enough
countdown to extinction and addicted to chaos
14.04.2007 - 16:39
jotty
Account deleted
My Favourite Megadeth songs are:
Angry Again
Hangar 18
She-Wolf
Victory
Skin O My Teeth
99 Ways To Die !!
14.04.2007 - 21:34
AtLossForWords
Spinozistic
From the list Holy Wars without a doubt. What's even more impressive about Holy Wars is the Punishment Is Due. That half of the song is some of the best work that Megadeth has ever done.

Other favorites of mine would have to be:

Promises
Disconnect
A Tout Le Monde
Trust
My Last Words
----
Proud owner of many erased pages.
14.04.2007 - 21:44
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Somethings wrong with your list man! Wheres the Hangar 18?? And tornado of souls?

For me Megadeth is band with best solos, so I chose Hangar 18, great solos there.
Also Rattlehead. Man, thts some fast & crazy song for you!

I like almost all 'deth's songs, but I'll mention just few more: Into The Lungs Of Hell, Tornado Of Souls, Take No Prisoners, A Tout Le Monde.....
----
15.04.2007 - 00:45
AtLossForWords
Spinozistic
Written by Stalker on 14.04.2007 at 21:44

Somethings wrong with your list man! Wheres the Hangar 18?? And tornado of souls?

For me Megadeth is band with best solos, so I chose Hangar 18, great solos there.

I like almost all 'deth's songs, but I'll mention just few more: Into The Lungs Of Hell, Tornado Of Souls, Take No Prisoners, A Tout Le Monde.....

Despite all the praise Hangar 18 has, it really isn't the best solo work from Megadeth. My band has covered tons of Megadeth songs, and my guitarist would tell you the solo in a song like Five Magics are much more intense musically than Hangar 18 or Tornado of Souls.
----
15.04.2007 - 02:15
Bitch Boy

Making polls for "Favorite Song" is non-sense unless it's about a band with only one album. I voted Other as well, because my favorite is "A tout le monde". The lyrics are just great.
15.04.2007 - 13:12
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by AtLossForWords on 15.04.2007 at 00:45

Despite all the praise Hangar 18 has, it really isn't the best solo work from Megadeth. My band has covered tons of Megadeth songs, and my guitarist would tell you the solo in a song like Five Magics are much more intense musically than Hangar 18 or Tornado of Souls.

Well, youre right about Five Magics, I totaly forgot that great song. But I like Hangars solos, and whole song, because solos go through whole song, almost from beging to the end, although some parts repeat, and are short.
And about Tornado Of Souls - well, I didnt mention this one because of solo, its really nothing special. But the song is great.
----
15.04.2007 - 14:26
APOHAKC
The Bard
My favorite MEgadeth song is Tornado Of Souls, that is awesome song with great riffs and everything... from Rust In Peace album.. beside that song I also love Rattlehead, Wake Up Dead, Peace Sells..., Killing Is My Business... those songs kick ass..

@Ed Hunter - Too bad Megadeth didn't played Rattlehead last year
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
15.04.2007 - 16:03
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by APOHAKC on 15.04.2007 at 14:26

@Ed Hunter - Too bad Megadeth didn't played Rattlehead last year
Too bad I didnt go!!! My friends screwed me for that one....
----
16.04.2007 - 11:02
AtLossForWords
Spinozistic
Written by Stalker on 15.04.2007 at 13:12

Written by AtLossForWords on 15.04.2007 at 00:45

Well, youre right about Five Magics, I totaly forgot that great song. But I like Hangars solos, and whole song, because solos go through whole song, almost from beging to the end, although some parts repeat, and are short.
And about Tornado Of Souls - well, I didnt mention this one because of solo, its really nothing special. But the song is great.

Five Magics is a pretty detailed song, but they totally fucked up the vocals on the remasted edition. Especially the "proto growls". I really hated the remaster of Rust in Peace, they should've left it alone. It's as solid of a Thrash album as can be made.
----
16.04.2007 - 15:32
Valentin B
Iconoclast
as far as i can remember i didn't want to include lots of stuff from rust in peace, so i came up with mechanix, blackmail the universe, and she-wolf to compensate.

come to think of it they've got way too many great songs though
16.04.2007 - 15:39
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by Valentin B on 16.04.2007 at 15:32

as far as i can remember i didn't want to include lots of stuff from rust in peace, so i came up with mechanix, blackmail the universe, and she-wolf to compensate.

come to think of it they've got way too many great songs though

I liked the list, I thought that you probably wanted to enclude one song from all albums, and it would be logical for you to put your favorites and if someone don't like them can always vote for other and write his opinions about his favorite songs...
----
18.04.2007 - 03:19
MaX
Account deleted
Written by APOHAKC on 16.04.2007 at 15:39

I liked the list, I thought that you probably wanted to enclude one song from all albums, and it would be logical for you to put your favorites and if someone don't like them can always vote for other and write his opinions about his favorite songs...

I agree with this.. but I didn't like their song choice and quality of sound at gig in Beograd few years ago

My favorite that got the vote on the list is no doubt Symphony of destruction but as others already pointed out some songs are missing.. I like Hangar 18, Tornado of souls, Angry again, A Tout Le Monde.. and lot of others very good and productive band
19.04.2007 - 21:22
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by Guest on 18.04.2007 at 03:19

I agree with this.. but I didn't like their song choice and quality of sound at gig in Beograd few years ago

My favorite that got the vote on the list is no doubt Symphony of destruction but as others already pointed out some songs are missing.. I like Hangar 18, Tornado of souls, Angry again, A Tout Le Monde.. and lot of others very good and productive band

I liked that show, sound was bad, lol, and song choice wasn't the best but they gave their best (or I was terribly drunk), anyway I am glad I saw them lol
----
21.04.2007 - 01:55
Mela Muke
Account deleted
Symphony all the way
21.04.2007 - 09:18
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
after listening to the new tracks, im changing my answer to 'Sleepwalker', such a great song, gonna be a great album.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
22.04.2007 - 01:18
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Hmm...It appears I voted but never posted my reasoning. Very well. I voted for Holy Wars, because the intro is Really catchy, The Riffage is really diverse, there is a spanish guitar solo, and my main reasoning, the lyrics are combative to the corruption behind organized religion and the destruction it causes.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
11.05.2007 - 02:49
Powerslave16
Account deleted
Many great songs.

I chose Holy Wars.

Easily in the Top 3 metal songs about war.
11.05.2007 - 02:54
Nixx
Account deleted
I don't "believe" in these kinda threads, but I answered "Symphony of Destruction", it's as easy as that it got me into Megadeth, and I really liked the vocals and the chours -> refrain theme.
31.05.2007 - 11:26
Hamird
Lieutenant
this poll is a personal opinion.... coz megadeth has many many better songs than these song in the vote-list
so if i made this poll i put these songs coz i like them:
motopsycho
crush 'em
secret place
family tree
i know jack
shadow of deth
others