Metal Storm logo
Best Megadeth song

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 29.07.2006 - 23:00
imo it's either the scorpion or rust in peace.they both have aggression and they're good songs if you want someone to know a bit vaguely what megadeth is about.both have great lyrics,choruses and great guitar work,something all the megadeth fans got used to
so....no posts like PEACE SELLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
explain your option

Poll

which is in your opinion,the best song this band has composed?

other
Holy wars
Simphony of destruction
Peace sells
Rust in peace
she-wolf
Mechanix
Blackmail the universe
The scorpion

Total votes: 335
21.06.2012 - 20:38
DeadHeadPunk
Account deleted
Im going with In My Darkest Hour
22.06.2012 - 06:32
Mattybu

Good Mourning/Black Friday. No doubt in my mind about that one. Poison Was the Cure is also another favourite of mine.
30.06.2012 - 13:00
axelx666

Easy:

BACK IN THE DAY.

that song should be on here. WHY ISN'T IT ON HERE?!?????

----
"they can't stop us,let them try,for heavy metal we will die"
"on olemassa asioita karmivimmat yönä olen yksi heistä."
" we are the new bucolic,we are the pulse of the maggots"
"END"
06.09.2012 - 22:19
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
I'm not the biggest megadeth fan (or thrash metal fan for that matter), but my favorite megadeth song is definitely Devil's Island. great song.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
04.10.2012 - 01:19
Citizen inSane

Appearing on the same album as Devil's Island: my vote for "other" will be My Last Words. God damn, lyrics about Russian roulette etc. Now this song is speedmetal! Bang the head through the wall when Dave starts to sing "you're, next victim..." Bang.
16.10.2012 - 17:32
Yossarian

Hi. My vote goes for "Holy War" out from the list, though almost all from RUST IN PEACE could be a choice here: Hangar 18, Tornado. Also from "Peace sells" or "Youthtanasia" or... fuck so many great songs.
01.12.2012 - 16:23
megadeath13
Account deleted
My favourite is probably Good Morning/Black Friday. Awesome
17.02.2017 - 12:57
nikarg

Tornado of Souls. Anything from Rust in Peace is just solid gold and I remember being 14yo, buying the cd and after listening to it just sitting in my room thinking "wtf did I just listen to?".. Tornado stood out just a tiny bit from the others.
05.11.2021 - 23:39
F3ynman2000
Nocturnal Bro
Top 5 for me:
1. Tornado of Souls (super catchy riffs and chorus - and of course the most wonderful guitar solo ever)
2. My Last Words (very well-written lyrics and awesome bass playing)
3. Holy Wars... the Punishment Due (great mix of so many amazing riffs and epic moments)
4. Rust in Peace... Polaris (super aggressive and catchy apocalyptic song!)
5. Good Mourning/Black Friday (that transition from melodic guitar-work to ultra fast and gory thrash is genius!)
06.11.2021 - 10:16
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
Written by F3ynman2000 on 05.11.2021 at 23:39

Top 5 for me:
1. Tornado of Souls (super catchy riffs and chorus - and of course the most wonderful guitar solo ever)
2. My Last Words (very well-written lyrics and awesome bass playing)
3. Holy Wars... the Punishment Due (great mix of so many amazing riffs and epic moments)
4. Rust in Peace... Polaris (super aggressive and catchy apocalyptic song!)
5. Good Mourning/Black Friday (that transition from melodic guitar-work to ultra fast and gory thrash is genius!)

Good choices
Mine would be:

1. Holy Wars... The Punishment Due
2. Tornado Of Souls
3. Hangar 18
4. Rust In Peace... Polaris
5. My Last Words

I understand most songs are from the album Rust In Peace, but that's because it's that good of an album