Metal Storm logo
Best revenge-themed song

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 20.12.2009 - 17:35
The ones you think capture that sense of desperately craving to butcher people who have severely wronged you in the past. i'm not a vengeful person but i do find some of these highly rousing and intense.. a few of my favorites:
-3 inches of blood - destroy the orcs (totally over the top and almost laughably cheesy but it captures the intensity pretty well)
-sentenced - vengeance is mine (the lyrical content is pretty much spot-on, "i have dreams of hammering your skulls, fantasies of bashing in your brains, obsessively, i am watching, i am stalking"
-judas priest - screaming for vengeance (again, pretty over the top but it's all about the intensity, the SCREEAAAM)
01.10.2010 - 20:40
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by FOOCK Nam on 01.10.2010 at 20:11

Written by Valentin B on 21.12.2009 at 15:52

Oh yeah i forgot to add Judas Priest - Burn In Hell... cheesy as fuck but very entertaining and brutal, like the rest of the Jugulator album.

Is that the song covered by Dimmu Borgir ?

okay don´t take this the wrong way but please don´t post 3 messages which could have been made into one(not to mention looking stuff up on the web). it helps keep threads easier to read

i don´t think they´ve ever covered Burn In Hell, i know of Metal Heart by Accept. i checked their profile now and it seems that it´s the Twisted Sister song that they´ve covered.
02.10.2010 - 00:35
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by FOOCK Nam on 01.10.2010 at 20:11

Written by Doc G. on 21.12.2009 at 11:55

Well, I think the best revenge themed song isn't actually a metal song, but rather "Turkish Song Of The Damned" by The Pogues.

Lyrics

They are pretty cryptic, but it sounds like a revenge song to me.

What genre the band is ?

Celtic rock.

----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
09.11.2010 - 20:47
SODOM666
PAYBACK by Slayer easily the best revenge song
----
Wendy's frostys are "black metal."
11.11.2010 - 21:28
moe5512
Tale of revenge - ensiferum
dimmu borgir - dimmu borgir (to me it is a "fuck you back" song )
15.11.2010 - 06:10
SlaytanicGonzo
Megadeth - I'll get Even
15.11.2010 - 11:49
MetalFist
Account deleted
Judas Priest - Screaming For Vengeance.
System Of A Down - Revenga.