07. Without Gods
08. Eatshit!
09. Delete
10. Suffering In Silence

Melodic Death metal
Recorded: Convolution Studio/Fear Studio, Italy 2009
Label: SG Records
Total Running Time: 32:29

Sometimes well-tuned melodic death metal is the simply the best remedy to keep your ears warm. Sometimes you just don't need those technicalities, progressive touches or deathcore wankery. Sometimes all you want is melodic death metal to the bone. Well, Brutal Realitiesis that kind of blunt force trauma album. In fact, it's an album you may want for Christmas (this includes you Scar Symmetry).

As the name implies, Brutal Realities is as hard-hitting as the fist of the angry god of your choice. Relentless like a gorilla on steroids but with enough feeling for melody and memorability, Suffer In Silence are ramming eight (not counting the immensely superfluous intro and outro) barefaced punches of melodic death metal down your throat. Suffer In Silence's approach is just thunderous, though the band also tries to keep an eye on the consistency and continuity of the songs at all times. Much appreciated!

Suffer In Silence sure don't lag far behind their times either. Modern sounding influences are incorporated from all sides. And because of that healthy portion of melody the degree of accessibility of Brutal Realities is fairly high. Sure thing, Suffer In Silence tastes sharp yet sweet at the same time. In any way the combination is painfully effective, like a cocktail of razor blades and lemon juice. Brutal Realities sounds indeed simultaneously rousingly brutal and brutally arousing. Just like the moaning of a 22-year-old blonde who dropped out of college to become a professional camwhore.

While I appreciate what Suffer In Silence are doing on their debut, the song patterns and melodic twists are sometimes a bit too clear-cut. I won't say it's becomes an over-the-top affair after a while. But there are certain moments (not coincidentally during the couple of middle of the road songs) where the top is not that far away.

Anyway, by debut album standards Suffer In Silence sure nailed it! Even the Romans who crucified Jesus couldn't have done it better. I am not disappoint.

Written by Thryce | 20.12.2009

Comments

Comments: 1   Visited by: 47 users
21.12.2009 - 20:47
Permafrost

I've listened to it on Myspace. Music is acceptable but vocals are a disaster.

Hits total: 4720 | This month: 3