06. Ransom
07. Evil Unseen
08. How Great Thou Art
09. Deep Heaven
10. End Of The Age

Guest review by
Dane Train
Rating:
Every so often an album comes about that just happens to be a nice surprise. For me, that album was Dichotomy. Without a doubt one of the best releases of 2008 and severely overlooked by the Metal community. But let me backtrack just a tad bit...

Becoming The Archetype, one of the more interesting bands to emerge within the past few years, has begun to prove themselves as musical force to be reckoned with. A combination of Death Metal, Metalcore and old school Progressive Metal, their genre is somewhat of an enigma. As a huge fan of Progressive Metal these guys were right up my alley with their skills. What made them even more enthralling for me was the fact that they're all Christians and not afraid to let everyone know that.

Read more ››
published 16.05.2009 | Comments (5)

Brilliant through and through, Dichotomy is the third (and in my opinion, best) release from this Atlanta based band. Completely shattering the image that Christian Metal bands have to sound (or even look) like Stryper, BTA churns out a release that is both beautiful and brutal.

With a unique style and sound (somewhat similar to Between The Buried And Me) this album was produced by the genius Devin Townsend and also features his guest vocals as well as those of Demon Hunter's front man, Ryan Clark. The songs are a solid and intense ride through melodic and extreme elements of music. Lyrically it is based upon C.S. Lewis' That Hideous Strength and focuses on the biology vs technology, man vs machine concept.

This album is one great song after another but highlights would include "Mountain of Souls", "Dichotomy", "Artificial Immortality", and their take on the traditional hymn "How Great Thou Art".

Dane Train's picks | More picks ››

Found in 4 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 4   Visited by: 226 users
21.12.2009 - 23:05
Rating: 8
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
There are a lot of enjoyable moments about this album. The songwriting proves to be rather creative and smart, but one problem with this album (and I rarely say this) is that it's just overproduced. It all sounds too perfect for the music they are playing. Should be more loose.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
08.07.2010 - 16:53
Goricyde
Account deleted
Staff has got good taste.
15.10.2010 - 00:42
paulo figueiredo
Account deleted
Great record! One of the best in 2007. Ransom is my favourite track.
20.01.2012 - 19:05
Rating: 8
Regolith

Really nice, heavy album. 'How Great Thou Art' is amazing.

Hits total: 8236 | This month: 13