Metal Storm logo
Exodus - New Album Details Revealed, Song Online

Original news, posted on 23.12.2009

San Francisco's Exodus have named their ninth studio album Exhibit B: The Human Condition. The band are currently recording in Northern California with Andy Sneap (Megadeth, Arch Enemy, Kreator). The album is expected to be released in Spring 2010.

A brand new song, entitled "Good Riddance," which will appear on the forthcoming CD is available for streaming in the YouTube clip here (as premiered during an Exodus live web stream on December 19).

Exodus will soon be on tour with Arch Enemy, Arsis, and Mutiny Within on the Tyrants Of Evil tour, which launches in Towson, Maryland on January 20th, 2010.

UPDATED on 26.02.2010 (thanks to BudDa and Dahalak)

Exodus will be releasing their ninth studio album, Exhibit B: The Human Condition, this spring. The cover artwork will look like this.

Guitarist/songwriter Gary Holt checks in about what the band was looking to capture art-wise and why the final version chosen nailed it: "We wanted to portray the violence of man at its finest, so we started with our own version of the Leonardo da Vinci sketch [of Vitruvian Man], but done the Exodus way! I was pointed in the direction of Colin Larks of Rainsong Design for the cover and he killed it! To me, the artwork represents man and his affinity for bloodshed, ignorance, and all-around ability to be led like sheep to the slaughter. The image fits the songs on this record perfectly. The whole layout is going to as sick as the record itself!"

Exhibit B: The Human Condition was recorded this past December in Northern California with producer Andy Sneap (Megadeth, Arch Enemy, Kreator).

UPDATE (thanks to BudDa)

Exodus have uploaded "Hammer And Life," a new track off their upcoming May 18th release, Exhibit B: The Human Condition, onto their MySpace player.

Guitarist/songwriter Gary Holt shares the background on the new song: "We decided to put up an early rough mix of "Hammer And Life" to give everybody a little taste of the new record. The really fast songs you'll get soon enough! This song is inspired by the one and only [original vocalist] Paul Baloff, our ode to him. Paul was always the hammer in Exodus and he lived for metal more than anyone I've ever known. R.I.P."

Exhibit B: The Human Condition [cover art] tracklist:

01. The Ballad Of Leonard And Charles
02. Beyond The Pale
03. Hammer And Life
04. Class Dismissed (A Hate Primer)
05. Downfall
06. March Of The Sycophants
07. Nanking
08. Burn, Hollywood, Burn
09. Democide
10. The Sun Is My Destroyer
11. A Perpetual State Of Indifference
12. Good Riddance
13. Devil's Teeth

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Exodus
Posted: 12.03.2010 by BudDa

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 31   Visited by: 314 users
23.12.2009 - 11:16
Icedburden
It's OK....
----
Born Out Of Hate, Descending Upon The Earth
23.12.2009 - 15:25
BudDa
Elite
I luv it.
----
Freeze! Step away from the hubris.
23.12.2009 - 19:02
WAR
Great
23.12.2009 - 20:53
Piranha
Finally!
23.12.2009 - 21:07
BrightNight
Exodus sound all around
----
"So you children of the world, listen to what I say
If you want a better place to live in spread the words today
Show the world that love is still alive you must be brave
Or you children of today are Children of the Grave."
24.12.2009 - 02:58
sbgmetal
Well i have been following the live stream thingy and its been pretty cool from what i hear the album will have a lot of diversity and it will be faster too!
24.12.2009 - 03:37
Angelic Storm
Melodious
I found ''Exhibit A" to be a very weak album overall. Don't have much expectations for the new album really. That new song is not bad, certainly better than most of the "Exhibit A" songs. I like how Rob Dukes only started getting into the song near the end, the rest of the time he looked bored!
24.12.2009 - 05:11
DoomGuard
Written by Angelic Storm on 24.12.2009 at 03:37

I found ''Exhibit A" to be a very weak album overall. Don't have much expectations for the new album really. That new song is not bad, certainly better than most of the "Exhibit A" songs. I like how Rob Dukes only started getting into the song near the end, the rest of the time he looked bored!

I cannot disagree more friend, Exhibit A was genius and probably my favorite Exodus album with Funeral Hymn from it being my favorite Exodus song, it was an amazing album! The whole thing

As for the new song, it's pretty good, hopefully the whole album is as good as this new song
24.12.2009 - 08:01
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by DoomGuard on 24.12.2009 at 05:11

I cannot disagree more friend, Exhibit A was genius and probably my favorite Exodus album with Funeral Hymn from it being my favorite Exodus song, it was an amazing album! The whole thing

As for the new song, it's pretty good, hopefully the whole album is as good as this new song

hehee

The main problem I had with Exhibit A, was most of the songs don't stand out individually. It's like they merge into each other, and most of the longer songs suffer, because of similar sounding riffs, so it gets monotonous after a while. (In my opinion! )

Although I find most of the album dull, and a chore to listen to in full, I absolutely love 3 of the songs on it. The title track is a masterclass in epic brutality, And "Riot Act" is a great opener, definitely classic Exodus! "Children Of A Worthless God" is an awesome song too. The melodic bits in it are a relief from the monotony of most of the similar sounding riffs elsewhere in the album, and Rob Dukes actually singing instead of shouting is very inspired, I like that song a lot! "As It Was, As It Soon Shall Be", is okay, but it sounds very like "Shudder To Think" from SHKM, which is a better song anyways. The rest of the album does nothing for me at all. lol

"Tempo Of The Damned" is my fave album from the last three. Although I miss Zetro, I gave Rob a chance, and he immitates Zetro quite a bit, which is no bad thing! The new song sounds pretty good, I'm of course still going to check out the new album when it comes out. I love Exodus!
24.12.2009 - 10:41
DoomGuard
Written by Angelic Storm on 24.12.2009 at 08:01

Written by DoomGuard on 24.12.2009 at 05:11

hehee

The main problem I had with Exhibit A, was most of the songs don't stand out individually. It's like they merge into each other, and most of the longer songs suffer, because of similar sounding riffs, so it gets monotonous after a while. (In my opinion! )

Although I find most of the album dull, and a chore to listen to in full, I absolutely love 3 of the songs on it. The title track is a masterclass in epic brutality, And "Riot Act" is a great opener, definitely classic Exodus! "Children Of A Worthless God" is an awesome song too. The melodic bits in it are a relief from the monotony of most of the similar sounding riffs elsewhere in the album, and Rob Dukes actually singing instead of shouting is very inspired, I like that song a lot! "As It Was, As It Soon Shall Be", is okay, but it sounds very like "Shudder To Think" from SHKM, which is a better song anyways. The rest of the album does nothing for me at all. lol

"Tempo Of The Damned" is my fave album from the last three. Although I miss Zetro, I gave Rob a chance, and he immitates Zetro quite a bit, which is no bad thing! The new song sounds pretty good, I'm of course still going to check out the new album when it comes out. I love Exodus!

I see what your saying friend, and i can see how you'd see the album that way. The guitar riffs in it though are just fantastic, and in Funeral Hymn they hit you with solo after solo again and again. Garden of Bleeding is great as is Iconoclasm. lol but i guess we have different takes on the album but those songs you mentioned are all amazing as well
25.12.2009 - 01:07
Kratos
Amazing! but needs moar double bass!
25.12.2009 - 10:39
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Wasnt this supposed to come out awhile ago?
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
25.12.2009 - 22:45
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Good to hear some fresh news from these guys.
27.12.2009 - 18:13
CHEF METALHEAD
KEEP IT METAL
It sounds like their other stuff.... Ill still get it when it comes out.
----
Chef Metal Head
26.02.2010 - 20:18
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
That cover art is absurd. and if it's anything like exhibit A, im skipping it.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
26.02.2010 - 20:39
Angelic Storm
Melodious
That album cover would be awesome if it wasnt holding weapons in all it's arms. Its a good concept, but the weapons look cheap and tacky. The artwork in the main is great though, and the logo looks awesome in contrast to the colour of the cover.

I just hope the new album is better than Exhibit A!
26.02.2010 - 20:44
Valentin B
Iconoclast
I love that cover art, though imo they should have put a dollar and maybe a koran in one of the hands too. haven't listened to anything from them apart from Shovel Headed, which i found totally devastating, but looking at the fucking badass cover art i'll probably give this one a try.
26.02.2010 - 22:13
Baz Anderson
Staff
It's quite a good album although somewhat long-winded again.
26.02.2010 - 22:28
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Baz Anderson on 26.02.2010 at 22:13

You've heard it already? How? lol
26.02.2010 - 22:29
Baz Anderson
Staff
Written by Angelic Storm on 26.02.2010 at 22:28

Written by Baz Anderson on 26.02.2010 at 22:13

You've heard it already? How? lol

I got it from the label just today.
26.02.2010 - 22:31
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Baz Anderson on 26.02.2010 at 22:29
I got it from the label just today.

You're so lucky!

So you'd say its pretty much more of the same, compared to Exhibit A?
26.02.2010 - 22:31
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
The album cover is pretty awsome. The video for the singe is disabled so I don't know hwo it sounds. I just went to youtube and the only version of "Good Riddance" was really shitty quality. Anyone got a better link?
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
26.02.2010 - 22:59
Baz Anderson
Staff
Written by Angelic Storm on 26.02.2010 at 22:31

You're so lucky!

So you'd say its pretty much more of the same, compared to Exhibit A?

Hard to tell at the moment, I've only been through it properly once. Quite similar, yeh... I'll have to give it a few more goes.
26.02.2010 - 23:14
Symmachus
Well, that guy seems pretty self destructive, if I say so myself.
27.02.2010 - 08:11
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
The idea for the cover art isn't bad at all, but I think they could have done it better. I'm very expectant for this release.
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
27.02.2010 - 16:07
A good one but I prefer the Exhibit A cover !
28.02.2010 - 03:23
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Daggon on 27.02.2010 at 08:11

The idea for the cover art isn't bad at all, but I think they could have done it better. I'm very expectant for this release.

That was basically my thoughts on the cover too. It is an awesome concept, and most of the artwork is very good. But I think it could have been executed a little better. In saying that, at least they didnt totally ruin a great artwork concept like Slayer did with the ''World Painted Blood" artwork. The concept for that was great too, but the execution was awful!
12.03.2010 - 21:52
Holy Man
STEEL DEFENDER
Dude... this looks fuckin awesome... the artwork is badass.
----
LIGHT THE FUSE ON THAT VAGINAMITE!!!
13.03.2010 - 08:45
MIXHELL
I don't like the new song....
13.03.2010 - 22:22
Muhannad Saleh
www.jorzine.com
I like the song thrash is coming back even stornger with exodus and overkill

Hits total: 6482 | This month: 17