Metal Storm logo
Best Power Metal Album Since 2000

Poll

What album you think has been the best of Power Metal since 2000?

Angra - Temple Of Shadows
Nightwish - Once
Sonata Arctica - Silence
Avantasia - The Metal Opera Pt I
Dragonforce - Sonic Firestorm
Rhapsody Of Fire - Power of the Dragon .
Lost Horizon - A Flame to the Ground B..
Symphony x - V

Total votes: 230
30.07.2006 - 03:05
Pianoman
Account deleted
I had to delete the other topic because I forgot many important albums that most be put such as: a flame to the ground beneath of lost horizon, the metal opera pt I of Avantasia, power of the dragonflame of rhapsody of fire (for me they're still being rhapsody) and once from nightwish.
Well as I said beefore my favourite album is temple of shadows of Angra for the creativity, the brasilian percussions, the latin feeling and the good ballads and speedy songs on it.
Don't forget to explain your choose and if the album that you consider the best is not in the list say it but please vote for one of the list thats the reason why I didn't put other in this new poll.
Now enjoy and fight for your opinion!
30.07.2006 - 03:40
Bitch Boy

I voted Symphony X "V the new mithology suite". Although it's more progressive than power, it has two of my fav songs ("Evolution" and "Communion and the oracle") and I like the entire album. Actually I think it's Symphony X's best.

But I think there're more and better albums since 2000, even from those bands in the poll. Lost Horizon's "Awakening the world" is better, for me. Nightwish also had better albums since 2000, better than "Once". BTW Avantasia's Metal Opera is pretty cool as well.
30.07.2006 - 05:49
MetalSpider

From that list...Symphony X - V. An excellent album, although its more Progressive like Bitch Boy said...although there are Power elements. One of their best albums. Then again they dont really have a bad album imo.

Lost Horizon...both of their albums are great. Rhapsody of Fire's album is also a great one. Avantasia and Nightwish's albums on that list are pretty good. The rest I dont care for.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
30.07.2006 - 13:59
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Why this poll are here? it shood be moved to metal arena!

From list Shymphony X are progresive metal more, I think this music what are in that album for power metal fans are to compliated
If I shood vote then I vote for ''Once'' because those other bands I dont like them

But bets are Salamandra -- ''Great Moravian Elegies'' 2004 and Black Abyss - ''Angels Wear Black'' 2004 great album also Brainstorm, and of course spanish pm scene, where are thay
I didnt mention Blind Guradian, becase its nostalgy for speeding years!
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
30.07.2006 - 22:46
Endoftherainbow

The other thread like this was just fine there was no need to delete it because it didn't even really need to be a poll but I guess I will just vote for Power of the Dragon Flame because it was the only album from my list before. The song is the second best Rhapsody album featuring many amazing songs such as the 20 minute epic Gargoyles. My favorite Rhapsody album is Dawn of Victory though but since it isn't on the list POTDF will have to do. Other notible albums that aren't mentioned in the poll are Edguys Hellfire Club and Wintersuns Debut album.
30.07.2006 - 23:06
Susan
Smeghead
I wish you had left an "other" category! Most of those choices are great albums but none are in my personal "best" of power metal. Since 2000 (and including 2000) I'd have to push for Nightwish's "Wishmaster" which is FAR superior to "Once" IMO
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
30.07.2006 - 23:58
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Piano man how many treads you open in same time? http://www.metalstorm.ee/forum/topic.php?topic_id=2000 this is same
----

apos;'
[image]
31.07.2006 - 01:16
LeDruide

From the list, I chose Temple of Shadows, for power, high-level compo, the brazilian "folk" touch, etc.
But like Lyrinantron 3000 (Lyrinan was more simple btw), I'd rather have the choice "other" on the list, for I think TOS is a great album, but not the best one. I don't know which one is the best, in fact, there are a lot : Silent Force - Worlds Apart, Kamelot - Karma, Edenbridge - Shine and The Grand Design.

@Kariasakis7 : read the first post
31.07.2006 - 02:28
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by LeDruide on 31.07.2006 at 01:16

From the list, I chose Temple of Shadows, for power, high-level compo, the brazilian "folk" touch, etc.
But like Lyrinantron 3000 (Lyrinan was more simple btw), I'd rather have the choice "other" on the list, for I think TOS is a great album, but not the best one. I don't know which one is the best, in fact, there are a lot : Silent Force - Worlds Apart, Kamelot - Karma, Edenbridge - Shine and The Grand Design.

But in metalarena are simmilar pool, just ceck it, and ats about best power metal albums after 2000 or am I blind?
And pool shood eb in metalarena!

In this pool what are in metalarena I explain what are best albums!
----

apos;'
[image]
31.07.2006 - 10:35
LeDruide

Written by Bad English on 31.07.2006 at 02:28

But in metalarena are simmilar pool, just ceck it, and ats about best power metal albums after 2000 or am I blind?

Sorry, the link led me to a blank page yesterday. Reading the post in the other thread it's just a technical error (by Pianoman or Metalstorm, I don't know), for it's exactly the same.
31.07.2006 - 11:36
Dragonlord TG

Power Of The Dragonflame, my favorite album of all time. Sheer perfection from the boginning to the end. Theres not one bad moment on it.
31.07.2006 - 16:04
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by LeDruide on 31.07.2006 at 10:35

Sorry, the link led me to a blank page yesterday. Reading the post in the other thread it's just a technical error (by Pianoman or Metalstorm, I don't know), for it's exactly the same.

I dunno why? maybe tech MS problem, but that link I post something there and etliest you can se my post there, but maybe todayits gone?
----

apos;'
[image]
31.07.2006 - 16:32
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Wizard-Odin!!

It is great. But it is not on the list. So my vote goes to 'Silence'. Great stuff too.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
31.07.2006 - 16:37
Baz Anderson

Written by Lucas on 31.07.2006 at 16:32

Wizard-Odin!!

It is great. But it is not on the list. So my vote goes to 'Silence'. Great stuff too.

wow! someone else on here actually mentioned Wizard!!! haha - i prefer 2001's 'Head Of The Deceiver' though, what a fantastic album
i wish i could get Wizard added on this site

if there was an 'other' option - i would have voted for either Blind Guardian's 'A Night At The Opera' or Primal Fear's 'Seven Seals'
there isnt though. haha

so i gladly voted for Angra's 'Temple Of Shadows'
the only other competition up there for me would be Rhapsody's 'Power Of The Dragonflame' because that is my favorite Rhapsody album
'Temple Of Shadows' is an amazing album though - it is simply fantastic, one of the best power metal albums ever i think
the best songs are the first six but there are other fantastic songs out of the first six as well
i havent listened ot it for a while, i will have to give it a go soon
31.07.2006 - 16:41
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Written by Baz Anderson on 31.07.2006 at 16:37

Wizard-Odin!!

wow! someone else on here actually mentioned Wizard!!! haha - i prefer 2001's 'Head Of The Deceiver' though, what a fantastic album

Well, thanks to Bas2 I discovered two great bands. (Wizard & Sabaton)
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
31.07.2006 - 16:46
Baz Anderson

Written by Lucas on 31.07.2006 at 16:41

Written by Baz Anderson on 31.07.2006 at 16:37

Wizard-Odin!!

aah yees. they are two great bands indeed. i have actually seen Sabaton live but it wasnt a long set
i am really looking forward to their new album but it seems to have some problems getting into this country. haha
ive got both of them bands in my 'favorites' section as well i just realised
oh well - i am not downloading it, i am actually going to wait for this album. it should be good
31.07.2006 - 16:54
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Written by Baz Anderson on 31.07.2006 at 16:46

aah yees. they are two great bands indeed. i have actually seen Sabaton live but it wasnt a long set
i am really looking forward to their new album but it seems to have some problems getting into this country. haha
oh well - i am not downloading it, i am actually going to wait for this album. it should be good

A little bit off-topic, but I've read a review which totally fucked it up. It called the new one cheesy, uninspired. A shame. I think I'll think different about it, though.
----

31.07.2006 - 17:02
Baz Anderson

Written by Lucas on 31.07.2006 at 16:54

Written by Baz Anderson on 31.07.2006 at 16:46

A little bit off-topic, but I've read a review which totally fucked it up. It called the new one cheesy, uninspired. A shame. I think I'll think different about it, though.

ooh. well i have a tendancy to like albums people often dont ('Pink Bubbles Go Ape' etc..)
and the 'cheese' or however they want to put it will just make me like it more probably. haha - unless it is just way over the top, bit Sabaton couldnt go that far
i love their last album and the one before that is really good too - so i dotn see why i wont like this one
31.07.2006 - 17:06
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Exactly! Now we should probably stop the off-topicness.

I have noticed that every album has got about the same amount of votes. So, good, balanced poll!
----

31.07.2006 - 17:20
Baz Anderson

well ive just made a Wizard thread if you want to go and pop in there. haha
then we will be on topic

yes - a very nice and balanced poll
we'll have to see where other people vote now..
01.08.2006 - 00:29
Pianoman
Account deleted
Written by LeDruide on 31.07.2006 at 10:35

I don't know. I did two polls and one I deleted. It most be a MS error.
01.08.2006 - 01:21
Revenant
Account deleted
None of those list, certainly Kamelot's Karma or Epica. Far more evocative, intelligent and memorable than the likes of Dragonforce.

Once was a step down for Nightwish as Tarja's singing got poppier and the guitar's because less power metal orienated and more 'heavy'. The orchestra saved the album though.
01.08.2006 - 10:34
Xaphiris

What about Demons & Wizards???
----
01.08.2006 - 10:42
duyhung
Account deleted
Too many choices. 8 names maybe are not enough, but I think I'll choose Power Of The Dragonflame
Should have Dark Moor albums for the nominees, they're really good
02.08.2006 - 14:51
GT
Coffee!!
Voted Angra, but I missed an "Other" possibility...would have said Nightwish - Wishmaster then
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
03.08.2006 - 03:34
Daru Jericho

Masterplan's Aereonautics for me. They voice (of Jorn Lande!) and the keys were perfect coupled together. The album itself is memorable and conveys a variety of emotions.

Sinergy's Suicide By My Side too. Kim Goss is actually pretty underrated and Marco's vocals are actually good for once. Alexi and Roope's guitar playing is actually signature.

On the list, I strongly agree with Avantasia's The Metal Opera and Sonata Arctica's Silence. Best albums from both.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

03.08.2006 - 07:04
nana.MD
Star-Queen
...hmm without a doubt i'd go for V (symphony-x) this is one amazing album and although i dont see them as power i voted for them...i haven't heard them much recently but V is an amazing album...

...of course if we could go back to 1998, id say the best power metal album is blind guardian's nightfall in middle earth, but u guys said from 2000 to now, so...
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
03.08.2006 - 22:26
Pianoman
Account deleted
Seem like is winning symphony x and is the less power band of the list.
03.08.2006 - 22:33
Bash'
:)
i've voted for Sonata Arctica ... coz their album was so melodic and beautiful ... l like it for it romantics and choruses ...

BTW it is their only good album ... at least for me...
----
I saw her standing by the crimson sea...
Isolated by the silent thoughts...
Her gazing was intense but so dead...

The teardrops corroded the soil.. She couldn't say a word to me...
04.08.2006 - 05:53
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Rhapsody (Of Fire). It was the conclusion to the Emerald Sword Saga, and it was a fuckin great album. Good conclusion to the Saga.
On second Sonata Arctica, DragonForce in 3rd
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!