Metal Storm logo
Best Power Metal Album Since 2000

Original post

Posted by , 30.07.2006 - 03:05
I had to delete the other topic because I forgot many important albums that most be put such as: a flame to the ground beneath of lost horizon, the metal opera pt I of Avantasia, power of the dragonflame of rhapsody of fire (for me they're still being rhapsody) and once from nightwish.
Well as I said beefore my favourite album is temple of shadows of Angra for the creativity, the brasilian percussions, the latin feeling and the good ballads and speedy songs on it.
Don't forget to explain your choose and if the album that you consider the best is not in the list say it but please vote for one of the list thats the reason why I didn't put other in this new poll.
Now enjoy and fight for your opinion!

Poll

What album you think has been the best of Power Metal since 2000?

Angra - Temple Of Shadows
Nightwish - Once
Sonata Arctica - Silence
Avantasia - The Metal Opera Pt I
Dragonforce - Sonic Firestorm
Rhapsody Of Fire - Power of the Dragon .
Lost Horizon - A Flame to the Ground B..
Symphony x - V

Total votes: 230
25.09.2006 - 18:32
PM
Hail Lusitânia
yeah i agree, and i think its a hole in this list, but hey, if i have to vote one, be DragonForce (its my favourite band)
----
PM is a pink elephant, and can be found at the bamboo forests of Greenland...
25.09.2006 - 18:37
Tydirium
Account deleted
Written by PM on 25.09.2006 at 18:32

yeah i agree, and i think its a hole in this list, but hey, if i have to vote one, be DragonForce (its my favourite band)

DragonForce are one of the most innovative Power Metal bands
today, but I prefer the older, more classical Power bands like
Blind Guardian, Helloween or Gamma Ray... It's a pity that the
2002 Blind Guardian album "A Night at the Opera" is not inclu-
ded in this list...
25.09.2006 - 19:04
PM
Hail Lusitânia
that album i didnt listen yet, but i like all the Blind Guardian's songs i got so, must be cool!!
----
PM is a pink elephant, and can be found at the bamboo forests of Greenland...
28.09.2006 - 06:21
IrOnRoSeS
Account deleted
I'd vote Symphony X but i think they are too prog for "best power metal " so i'll go with Angra... wonderful band,wonderful music,you can't go wrong with that album!
28.09.2006 - 18:23
Eight
Shapeshifter
I've given my vote to Sonata Arctica - Silence, since i have never heard allmost all of them
----
Book: "I am a Shepherd. Folks like a man of God."

Mal: "No, they don't. Men of God make everyone feel guilty and judged."
06.10.2006 - 07:15
?Bodomchild?

I keep with Sonic Firestorm of DragonForce its great ! but yeah the new ine its great too ! but Silence of Sonata its very cool too and IMO its better than the new one but DragonForce kick ass for shure

Also Manticora new albums are awesome too
----
asd
08.10.2006 - 05:27
AsgeirArnald

For me its a close one between DragonForce-Sonic Firestorm and Sonata Arctica-Silence. I had to vote for Sonic Firestorm though because Sam and Herman are simply two of the most brilliant guitar players I've ever seen or heard.
10.10.2006 - 23:13
Kanon
Account deleted
I vote for Temple of Shadows, because is a really masterpiece and is my favorite album , but i think V and Power of the dragon flame are a really good works, and damn Silence is a powerfull album, the best of Sonata:)

Power Metal Rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
17.10.2006 - 10:48
iMPERiAL_iCE
Weeping Heart
I think that Nightwish - Once is the best one among those (it has great memories 4 me)
----
The older I get.........The faster I was

Smurfilator -- back when Smurf Metal existed :'(
17.10.2006 - 17:28
Vidrageon
Account deleted
I can't sum up the extremely awesome releases over the last 6 years in one poll that doesn't include even a faction of it, sorry ;<
17.10.2006 - 17:56
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 17.10.2006 at 17:28

I can't sum up the extremely awesome releases over the last 6 years in one poll that doesn't include even a faction of it, sorry ;<

Youre wright in this point because man in 6 years there are so many greatvalbums out, I had planty list what i wanna and its hard to choose who are best because we hawnt hear lot of them and if we has I forgot them so a lot of good CD are out
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
20.10.2006 - 12:58
arwestromen

I vote for Lost Horizon, great album,
it was between a flame to the ground beneeth and sonic firestorm. dragonforce is awesome but it is just something with LH
----
Don't fuck with sweden
We gave you IKEA
20.10.2006 - 21:45
tulkas
el parcero
I voted Silence from Sonata Arctica. I think that album is simply a masterpiece, and some of the lyrics mean a lot to me. I just love this album and love Sonata
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
23.10.2006 - 16:19
dark awakening

For me is Karma by Kamelot; a masterpiece, what an album!
----
Baptized in a lake of acid tears...
15.04.2007 - 07:20
ThrashMetal_Rulz
Account deleted
Sonata Arctica's Silence, all of their albums since their start have been excellent and this ones no exception.
15.04.2007 - 14:21
APOHAKC
The Bard
I voted for Avantasia's Metal Opera but don't like any album from this list much. Avantasia released two good albums since 2000 and I think that Metal Opera pt2 is much better than the first one. There are few really grat songs on Metal Opera: Breaking Away, The Glory Of Rome, The Sign Of the Cross... Production on this album is very good, for the debut of cause. Arrangments are also very good, and this album have all charachteristics for good power metal release...
My really favorites are: one and only Gamma ray's No World Order, one of the best power metal albums ever, Manowar also released Warriors Of The World in 2001, also Dream Evil have four great album since 2000. Grave Digger released several masterpieces too...
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
17.04.2007 - 03:46
Urizen367

i've gotta go with sonata arctica, they have yet to disappoint me.
----
I will not reason and compare, my business is to create.
17.04.2007 - 03:55
Nixx
Account deleted
is it only me that is shocked not to see Kamelots': "Epica" on that list?
05.08.2007 - 05:11
selken
Irreligious
Hard choice, but I vote for temple of shadows, because is the album which I listen more often
----
05.08.2007 - 05:29
Eternal Flames

It was pretty equal between Lost Horizon's A Flame To The Ground beneath and Sonata Arctica's Silence, although my vote went to Lost Horizon in the end. For me, that album was perfect in every way. The vocals are outstanding, and having been the first Lost Horizon album that I actually heard I found it very original and quite different from the ordinary cheesy power metal. It's very uplifting and the vocals as mentioned, express so much emotion. It's a shame that Heiman left the band though.
06.08.2007 - 15:08
Inlé

Out of those, Rhapsody's Power of the Dragonflame. A Flame to the ground beneath being second.
06.08.2007 - 21:36
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
voted for Once because of Ghost Love Score, but Rhapsody's Power of the Dragonflame with Knightraider of Doom and Gargoyles is great too
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

06.08.2007 - 23:03
Knightrider
The Sorcerer
Written by Guest on 17.04.2007 at 03:55

is it only me that is shocked not to see Kamelots': "Epica" on that list?

No. I think Epica is the best Kamelot´s album, and one of the best since 2000, but i voted for Rhapsody´s Power of the Dragonflame. There are great songs like Knightrider of Doom and The Pride of the Tyrant.
07.08.2007 - 00:44
Varegan
Hamranakara
i vote for Dragonforce - Sonic Firestorm
----
Written by muthafucka on 08.07.2010 at 06:46

"METAL STORM" (LIGHTING STRIKES)
07.08.2007 - 18:18
Infurnace

Avantasia is just amazing. One of the best projects ever. I really enjoy both of the albums, so my vote is obvious. I'm looking forward to the new Avantasia record.
13.08.2007 - 23:07
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Where are Savage Circus album ''Dreamland Manor'' IMO its good one old BG fans woud like it, I listened it and Its uniqe IMO one of best PM albums after 2009 hhe good sound
Read my last post in band tread
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
14.08.2007 - 18:58
UpTheIrons666

I had to vote for Avantasia. I mean not only was it an absolutely EPIC production (which we like in Power Metal), but it had some of my personal favorite singers. Tobias Sammet obviously, but this was Michael Kiske's return to metal after his weird behavior.
22.08.2007 - 10:15
Chaosgoat

I am going with symphony x's V. i would go for nighwish's wishmaster or century child. once is not as good. like it still.
26.08.2007 - 13:45
Dirt pride
Account deleted
i voted for Lost Horizon, but i would have voted for Symphony X v but it isnt the best POWER metal album since 2000.
and at the moment its the only power metal cd i listen to at the moment, and its catchy.
23.09.2007 - 06:03
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
i voted dragonforce, because it was the best of all th others there - speedy, soloy, hectice and brilliant
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains