03. Land Of Snow And Sorrow
04. Darkness And Frost
05. Time

The biggest surprise of 2012
Top 20 albums of 2012: 20

Additional info
Formats:
  • Limited Mediabook (hard cover, wide format) CD+DVD
  • Limited Mediabook (hard cover, wide format) CD+DVD + Instrumental CD of Time I, Certificate (limited to 500 copies, exclusively available at Nuclear Blast)
  • Limited Mediabook (hard cover, wide format) CD+DVD + Signed photo card Jari Mäenpää (limited to 1000 copies, exclusively available at Amazon.de)
  • Limited Mediabook (hard cover, wide format) CD+DVD + Wintersun logo shirt gray/black (exclusively available at Levykauppa Äx)
  • Limited Mediabook (hard cover, wide format) CD+DVD + Shirt (black) (EMP exclusive)
  • CD Jewel Case + Shirt (Nuclear Blast USA exclusive)
  • CD Jewel Case
  • Blue vinyl (180g vinyl in gatefold including poster)
  • White vinyl (180g vinyl in gatefold including poster. Strictly limited to 200 hand-numbered copies) (exclusive at Nuclear Blast mailorder)
  • Digital download
  • iTunes digital download with Time I booklet

Staff review by
Baz Anderson
Rating:
One of the most highly anticipated albums of the last decade; Time I finally ends the eight year silence, but was the wait worth it?

Read more ››
published 22.10.2012 | Comments (220)

Guest review by
Bad English
Rating:
Wintersun - is it real? Well, no, it isn't. We hardly see the sun; for four whole weeks, it never shines.

Allow me to copy the style of DerRozzengarten (the greatest reviewer ever), who knows how to write proper metaphors. Such music is never meant to explain northern life for people who have never actually walked on a frozen river or cleared snow from their car before work (I'm not taking a jab at the French, Dutch, or Danish, who usually overreact when they see 1 cm of snow). Imagine the pre-internet days: it's blizzard beasts, mid-winter, the sun never shines, just 22 hours of darkness and twilight in between. There is nothing to do, only good music, books, or finding a way to channel your creativity. Outside activities, aside from collecting firewood and cleaning snow? I don't think so (but wait a minute, Jari lives in the city anyway?). Anyway, the streets are dead and frozen, the horizon is dark, and night light is ablaze on the snow. All you can do is wait for spring and then summer to arrive slowly. I've done it all my life, still do, and we all did. It's typical northern madness!

Read more ››
published 20.12.2016 | Comments (10)

Found in 97 lists
Top lists

Comments page 2 / 24

Comments: 712   Visited by: 3631 users
24.02.2010 - 14:25
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Doc G. on 15.02.2010 at 20:54

I really hope this turns out to be a huge disappointment. Nothing would make me happier than watching all the irrational Wintersun fanboys get their balloon popped.

Amen for this... It's getting annoying how there are so many people kissing wintersun's ass. I see nothing special in their music.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
24.02.2010 - 23:39
Rating: 10
JÄY
Metal slave
I sure love wintersun an I would sure like to hear this some day
25.02.2010 - 00:00
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Well Im no Wintersun fanboy, yet I do like the band and found their debut pretty damn awesome. To each his own huh? And who knows maybe they are over rated....most bands who have a large following also have a large amount of people calling it over rated so its really a "you say tomato, I say tomato" kinda situation so theres no point in discussing it really.

I do however think many people are making too much of this album....they think the world is going to swallow itself once it will be released. The unfortunate truth is that no matter how good it is, many people will be pretty disappointed because they've blown this thing completely out of proportion.
25.02.2010 - 01:55
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Guest on 25.02.2010 at 00:00

The unfortunate truth is that no matter how good it is, many people will be pretty disappointed because they've blown this thing completely out of proportion.

I completely agree with this, but omg it's gonna be so fun to watch a huge load of 100% and a huge load of 0% in Metal Archives
----
Rod, let me love you.
25.02.2010 - 12:06
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Written by X-Ray Rod on 25.02.2010 at 01:55

Written by Guest on 25.02.2010 at 00:00

The unfortunate truth is that no matter how good it is, many people will be pretty disappointed because they've blown this thing completely out of proportion.

I completely agree with this, but omg it's gonna be so fun to watch a huge load of 100% and a huge load of 0% in Metal Archives

Exactly...I think the issue at hand is that there are so many people waiting to give this album 10/10 because theyve built it up to monster size and similarly there are people on this site who will probably give it 1/10 without even listening to it just to be anal lol So when it does come out Im sure theres going to be enormous fights and debates going on in this forum lol Personally I hope its a very good album because like I said I loved the debut album, but Im not going to fall in the trap so many people do by losing their MIIINDS when someone says its shit. As long as Im ok with it then its cool lol
25.02.2010 - 12:12
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Guest on 25.02.2010 at 12:06

but Im not going to fall in the trap so many people do by losing their MIIINDS when someone says its shit. As long as Im ok with it then its cool lol

Yeah, I mean the debut isn't bad per se. I could give it a 6-7 or something around [but that's just me, they play good their instrument but it's not my style]... but it amazes me that Wintersun is probably the first band I've ever seen that had such a brutal influence in the minds of many people to the point of making internet wars
----
Rod, let me love you.
25.02.2010 - 12:16
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Written by X-Ray Rod on 25.02.2010 at 12:12

Written by Guest on 25.02.2010 at 12:06

but Im not going to fall in the trap so many people do by losing their MIIINDS when someone says its shit. As long as Im ok with it then its cool lol

Yeah, I mean the debut isn't bad per se. I could give it a 6-7 or something around [but that's just me, they play good their instrument but it's not my style]... but it amazes me that Wintersun is probably the first band I've ever seen that had such a brutal influence in the minds of many people to the point of making internet wars

I know, many people see any negativity toward the band as a personal attack. And its true what you say, its quite strange how this band has managed to make such an impression with one release only. I suppose in a way I know what they mean I found the debut to be remarkable, not sure why it just did lol Maybe theres something subliminal in the music that brainwashes a certain percentage of its listeners haha
01.03.2010 - 00:36
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Hahaha! Biggest let-down of 2009! Congratulations, it was well-deserved.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
01.03.2010 - 09:20
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
No it was not...overhyped piece of even non-existing crap!

(i am not joking, i am really furious about this, though i respect the will of majority)
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

05.03.2010 - 13:37
cancel

I have found the single "Time" on the internet...do you think it is fake? Cause I simply dont believe it...

...here is the link http://www.mediafire.com/?tmjqzxmtzy3
06.03.2010 - 03:04
Stars Will Fall

I don´t understand why people speak cornfully about Wintersun.

The album has delayed too much. It´s not a good thing for me, but that doesn´t make Wintersun a bad band.
08.03.2010 - 00:55
Rating: 9
abysss

I've just seen the realease has been set to 31.12. 2010, Yay!!

/sarcasm off
24.03.2010 - 06:18
Rozz

Yeah and it will be posponed again and again until like 2020
29.03.2010 - 04:48
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Good album. You guys are gonna love it!
08.04.2010 - 14:10
Hanjak

What´s happened with WintersuN??? I want their album!!!!
08.04.2010 - 16:48
JÄY
Metal slave
Written by Guest on 29.03.2010 at 04:48

Good album. You guys are gonna love it!

Dont toy with me
09.04.2010 - 12:03
Rating: 6
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Written by Powerslavex on 26.12.2009 at 13:07

Is this some kind of joke !! how can 7 have it???

Easy, they went to the future (specifically 10 more years in the future) with their flying Delorean and bought the album, some of them died in many brutal ways 'cuz Wintersun's irrational fanboys started a war against all humanity just because the album really sucked balls, or at least that's what he told me ->

Or maybe their desire of listening the album is so big that they posted it in their collection to feel less fooled by Jari and folks, who knows...
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
09.04.2010 - 12:17
Inlé

I really hope this turns out to be a huge disappointment. Nothing would make me happier than watching all the irrational Wintersun fanboys get their balloon popped.

I share your sentiment but it wouldn't happen whatever this album sounds like. Bands with a rampant-fanboy fanbase can get away with almost anything musically and the fans will defend it because of the name on the front of the album cover. See also: Opeth.
10.04.2010 - 02:41
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Written by Daggon on 09.04.2010 at 12:03

Written by Powerslavex on 26.12.2009 at 13:07

Is this some kind of joke !! how can 7 have it???

Easy, they went to the future (specifically 10 more years in the future) with their flying Delorean and bought the album, some of them died in many brutal ways 'cuz Wintersun's irrational fanboys started a war against all humanity just because the album really sucked balls, or at least that's what he told me ->

Or maybe their desire of listening the album is so big that they posted it in their collection to feel less fooled by Jari and folks, who knows...

Nah, thats too much effort. I just called Jari and he sent it to me over msn. Easy as pie
23.04.2010 - 16:56
Rating: 8
iMorphball

I've given up all hope for this album.
25.04.2010 - 09:28
INÆRIS

Written by Inlé on 09.04.2010 at 12:17

I share your sentiment but it wouldn't happen whatever this album sounds like. Bands with a rampant-fanboy fanbase can get away with almost anything musically and the fans will defend it because of the name on the front of the album cover. See also: Opeth.

Opeth are my favorite because their music moves me unlike any other group. If they start to suck or lose touch, I'll definitely know it and I won't praise it like I do with Still Life or Morningrise. They haven't disappointed yet though so I think it's exciting to see what they come up with. A lot of people do have that way about them for sure. People so often forget about one little thing and it's called the music! Although it would be fun if I were in such a band with an obsessive fanbase and all because then you could make a death metal educational children's album and people would call you genius.
----
Still Life, Still Death
11.05.2010 - 13:39
Angel Of Mercy

Is Time still coming?
----
Your time will come.
22.05.2010 - 12:41
SonataArctica

It's about time!!!
----
The scars I have inside of me;
never leaving me alone,
Forcing me to be on my own;
trusting no one but myself,
I'm trapped in a barren reality where nothing ever stays the same,
Trusting you was my last mistake,
but the scars; they will remain
24.05.2010 - 04:29
ponderer

6 have it? okay, sure. And monkeys poop gold.
27.05.2010 - 21:52
qlacs
"The Quaker"

False. Jari won't disappoint anyone.
----
28.05.2010 - 14:37
Lord_Regnier

Written by qlacs on 27.05.2010 at 21:52

How an album that will never be released could disappoint people? lol

And the other guy is right: even if finally "Time" sucks donkey balls, people will still praise it only because Wintersun appears on the cover. That's how lots of people act. Like brainless sheeps who blindly follow the herd.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
13.06.2010 - 21:49
qlacs
"The Quaker"
Written by Lord_Regnier on 28.05.2010 at 14:37

Written by qlacs on 27.05.2010 at 21:52

How an album that will never be released could disappoint people? lol

And the other guy is right: even if finally "Time" sucks donkey balls, people will still praise it only because Wintersun appears on the cover. That's how lots of people act. Like brainless sheeps who blindly follow the herd.

No. By the way Jari finished one song.
----
14.06.2010 - 09:40
Rating: 7
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by Irritable Ted on 13.06.2010 at 22:10

I don't think this will EVER be released, Jani will probably turn up dead from depression first.

Power Metal warriors do NOT get depressed

it will be very amusing to see how bad this album will be if it is ever released
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
19.06.2010 - 12:37
Finluin

Hail Satan, 666 people want it, Jari, you really have to release it now!
25.06.2010 - 14:59
Lachy
Account deleted
This album is truly a test of time, sorry that was lame but i couldn't resist

Hits total: 164351 | This month: 117