11. Black Curtains
12. Victory

[2004 re-release bonus tracks]
13. Millenium Of The Blind
14. New World Order [demo]
15. Absolution (Instrumental)
16. A Tout Le Monde [demo]

Additional info
Youthanasia has been banned in Malaysia and Singapore, as officials there have deemed the cover artwork 'defamatory'. Problems have also occurred in Canada and Germany with major retailers not wanting to stock the record, citing the cover as 'offensive' and 'not in good taste.'

Megadeth's Dave Mustaine has refused to change the cover art. He says: 'Keeping our records off the shelves does not make the problem of our children being hung out to dry disappear.

Guest review by
Gorey
Rating:
Four years after the epic Rust in Peace, Megadeth, under the command of the creative Dave Mustaine, made it again. For the greatest pleasure of our impatient ears, Youthanasia has been released in 1994. After the phenomenal success of the previous disc, the very metallic Countdown to Extinction, Megadeth's fans owed to be surprised, or could have been bored in a genre in which competition was tough (Metallica, Anthrax...).

Read more ››
published 22.10.2003 | Comments (43)

Found in 56 lists
Top lists

Comments page 2 / 2

Comments: 47   Visited by: 1335 users
13.12.2012 - 20:49
LICH

Written by Jaeryd on 13.12.2012 at 07:30

Written by LICH on 12.12.2012 at 21:55

Tbh this was an album i most connected with , daves songwriting began to mature , and the overall sound was a lot more powerful class album

You realize that you've posted that three times, right?

sorry my enter key jammed :/
13.12.2012 - 21:53
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
Written by LICH on 13.12.2012 at 20:49

sorry my enter key jammed :/

It's all cool. Just thought you'd like to know.
----
13.12.2012 - 23:50
Rating: 8
JÄY
Metal slave
A lot of catchy songs here, for sure....
16.12.2012 - 17:23
megadeath13
Account deleted
Its a little bit rushed up in my opinion. There are overwhelming songs like Reckoning day or train of consequences but on the other hand there are just too many fillers. I still rate it with a 8, just because im a huge Megadeth fan.
10.03.2013 - 09:38
Rating: 9
Megamachinica18

Musicianship:8.5
Songwriting:8.5
Originality:8.5
Production:10
07.03.2014 - 09:45
JÄY
Metal slave
This album clicks on for miles.....
21.04.2014 - 18:12
Rating: 10
pkillerjp

I love Megadeth's prime thrash period quite a bit, but I gotta admit accessible straight forward hard rock/metal doesn't get much better than this- under-rated.
14.11.2014 - 02:43
Bulletpr00fMonk

Boring drumming, no spectacular riffs, but as a whole this album is great! Great melodic approach and excellent vocal performance by Dave. Train of Consequences is my favourite, though every song on the album in some way is memorable to me.
06.07.2015 - 20:08
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by deadone on 07.03.2014 at 00:41

Great little album.

I've always enjoyed Megadeth's more straight heavy metal/hard rock albums for the most part though.

I would say from song writing and lyrical point of vew and music as well, its much better as 90's pure thrash
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
08.07.2015 - 01:21
indexqwest

Megadeth's best album...absolutely
26.07.2015 - 20:21
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I don't wanna say best or not best, but I have plaid it most I remember I put on CD player program
1-2-6-8 songs and played and jumping as crazy at house, and pissing my old man when I make a dust on apparent LOL good memories whit this one
----

apos;'
[image]
13.05.2016 - 15:06
Vikcen
Metálico
Written by indexqwest on 08.07.2015 at 01:21

Megadeth's best album...absolutely

Absolutely agree
26.06.2016 - 18:14
Rating: 6
majormalfunction

It's not bad so to speak but most of the album is constant mid-tempo heavy metal that is very alike all the time. It feels plodding aldready after 5 songs and when you realise that the songs never going to offer anything new you end up don't care at all about the last 4-5 songs. Elysian Fields and Reckoning Day is probably the best tracks and Train Of Consequences got a pretty nifty riff going on. Slightly better than the previous one but this is still Megadeth trying to evolve in a direction they weren't meant to.
----
Everything's twice as bright with money in your hands
09.03.2018 - 10:56
Marchosias

Oddly i find this record amazing. Its more polished and slower more of a hard rock / heavy metal oritented release with haunting songs. The album is a grower for sure.

Overall aesthetic of the record is also outstanding. Lyrical content in A Tout Le Monde and Addicted To Chaos are amazing.

Not their best or their most "old school" record and for sure its not Thrash however its an outstanding release.

I rate it 8.5.
----
A mediocre metalhead.
10.11.2018 - 04:51
GIO 616

For me this album is like the black metallica album, it is an album that is easy to listen to for someone who is not used to listening to heavy metal
21.02.2019 - 14:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by GIO 616 on 10.11.2018 at 04:51

For me this album is like the black metallica album, it is an album that is easy to listen to for someone who is not used to listening to heavy metal

wow, I agree, its my fav , was back then and still is now. Only black album has abit stronger mtv songs what makes it better, but this is more metal as then in undergtound meaning
----

apos;'
[image]
10.03.2024 - 13:51
metalbrat

I really missed rating this even thoug this album was my first attraction to Megadeth. I would have rated 10 thirty years before but now as I progressed myself in metal, I feel this is fine.
----
In the beginning I was made of clay. Then I bit the apple and they changed me to metal 🤘

Hits total: 22735 | This month: 125