Metal Storm logo
Injuries You've Had In The Mosh Pit

Original post

Posted by Xtreme Jax, 17.05.2006 - 15:12
Interested in hearing what injuries you've taken in the mosh pit?

Ive had the usual ons that you get, bruises and sawness, and one time i had my big toe dislocated by this massive guy that jump backwards and landed on my toe popping it out. Oh my word did it hurt, but the pit was to compacked that i had to wait until the set change over to go off to the side and pop it back in.

'Injuries You've Had In The Pit' meaning exactly what it says. Its more interesting and entertaining to hear about the injuries ... not whether you stand there doing nothing. Thank you for you cooperation.
20.08.2011 - 19:39
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
Written by X-Ray Rod on 20.08.2011 at 19:37

Written by Guest on 20.08.2011 at 19:28

Written by Guest on 20.08.2011 at 19:21

We don't have concerts here....
How does it feel like in a mosh pit?

Great if you like the feel of other men's sweat soaking into your clothes.

.... *shudders*

*shudders again*
20.08.2011 - 19:50
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 20.08.2011 at 19:39

Written by X-Ray Rod on 20.08.2011 at 19:37

.... *shudders*

Moshing is a bit like smoking cigarettes really, some people think it's cool and you get a mild rush from it but ultimately it's pointless.

Not at all. Its a blast. Some people get joys out of watching TV, some like to mosh.
20.08.2011 - 19:52
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 20.08.2011 at 19:50

Not at all. Its a blast. Some people get joys out of watching TV, some like to mosh.

Been there done that. Was fun for a while but the benefits of actually standing at the back (much better sound - no blasting drums right in your ear) outweighs moshing. If I want to have pain inflicted on me I can just ask my bint, much more enjoyable.
20.08.2011 - 19:58
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 20.08.2011 at 19:52

Written by Guest on 20.08.2011 at 19:50

Been there done that. Was fun for a while but the benefits of actually standing at the back (much better sound - no blasting drums right in your ear) outweighs moshing. If I want to have pain inflicted on me I can just ask my bint, much more enjoyable.

IMO Moshing is pointless. I'd rather stand in the back.
20.08.2011 - 20:04
Mattybu

Written by Guest on 20.08.2011 at 19:21

Written by Mattybu on 20.08.2011 at 19:19

Written by Guest on 20.08.2011 at 19:11

I've never been to a concert actually.

Man, be to a concert! Especially at a young age you gotta get in on some of that it's great stuff.

We don't have concerts here....
How does it feel like in a mosh pit?

I've only been in one mosh pit (Anthrax at Heavy T.O. this year, crazy mosh pit) and man it was awesome. I went in during "Caught in a Mosh" and there were tons of people in there and it was just like the adrenaline was going and the music was great and everything just felt good.
20.08.2011 - 20:05
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
Written by Mattybu on 20.08.2011 at 20:04

I've only been in one mosh pit (Anthrax at Heavy T.O. this year, crazy mosh pit) and man it was awesome. I went in during "Caught in a Mosh" and there were tons of people in there and it was just like the adrenaline was going and the music was great and everything just felt good.

It's still pointless IMO.
20.08.2011 - 20:17
Mattybu

Written by Guest on 20.08.2011 at 20:05

Written by Mattybu on 20.08.2011 at 20:04

It's still pointless IMO.

I'll tell you what though I'm never gonna forget that first mosh pit. It was unreal. It's hard to explain how it isn't pointless, because it seems that way from the outside, but when I was in there... Crazy.
20.08.2011 - 20:29
Vombatus
Potorro
I never got anything serious, just a few bruises...

but that's coz I not crazy about moshing with fucking retards kicking, elbow hits, etc. I usually watch before going in just to make sure no ninja or overexcited drunkard can ruin the thing.
I also tend to go in only during grindcore stuff or random thrash/death bands I don't really care about. You pay much less attention to the music itself in a pit, and that sucks if it's a band you like.
21.08.2011 - 00:45
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
What crazy Metalheads do... they try to clash with their shoulders and then beat the hell out of each other. For that you need to qualify the stage of drinking, delusional about self-knowing and blah blah. Common Bruises are "head injury", knocking off the balls and blood blood blood blood....

Experienced from System of a Down concert in 2006. I was standing in the front( and gracelessly nothing happened).
21.08.2011 - 02:41
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 21.08.2011 at 00:45

What crazy Metalheads do... they try to clash with their shoulders and then beat the hell out of each other. For that you need to qualify the stage of drinking, delusional sabout elf-knowing and blah blah. Common Bruises are "head injury", knocking off the balls and blood blood blood blodd

Experienced from System of a Down concert in 2006. I was standing in the front( and gracelessly nothing happened).

Are there females in the mosh pit??
21.08.2011 - 02:45
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Guest on 21.08.2011 at 02:41

What crazy Metalheads do... they try to clash with their shoulders and then beat the hell out of each other. For that you need to qualify the stage of drinking, delusional sabout elf-knowing and blah blah. Common Bruises are "head injury", knocking off the balls and blood blood blood blodd

Majority dude!! They're one the one who started that crap with platonic Nudness!!!
21.08.2011 - 02:49
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 21.08.2011 at 02:45

Majority dude!! They're one the one who started that crap with platonic Nudness!!!

I'd like to be caught in a mosh then!!
21.08.2011 - 02:53
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Guest on 21.08.2011 at 02:49

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 21.08.2011 at 02:45

I'd like to be caught in a mosh then!!

Sorry that cannot happen because that concert was way back in 2006. Hope you get another like this do fucking participate it and let me sure how was it?!
21.08.2011 - 03:15
JCJen7

Never had any injuries really. During Testament's set a few months ago, I was moshing when I realized that the crowd got really condensed from behind me for some reason. I realized that two dudes were just standing their, stonefaced (not stoned, but emotionless), not listening to the music, and just shoving people forward. Everyone seemed to think they were just getting hit by moshers, and no one really cared. It was pretty obvious by looking at them though that they just wanted an excuse to push people, and had no interest in the band. A few songs later, I found myself directly in front of them, and the guys forearm was pushed up to my back, pushing for like 30 seconds. (This wasn't really a mosh pit anymore, as everyone got so excited for 'Practice What You Preach' that they kinda stormed forward, and now it was just a mash of people). Finally, I turned around and told him to stop being a dick, and he said something like 'what are you gonna do about it' and I just turned back around and enjoyed the music.

He pushed me again a few minutes later, and I turned around and got a pretty good punch in to his face. He kinda went down, and his friend punched me in the ear. I swung a few more at his friend, connected a couple (I never got to see them, so idk how successful I was), and a bunch of other testosterone riddled guys, who had no idea what was going on, started shoving and punching us, until I worked myself out of the crowded area. My ear and mouth was bleeding, but not really that bad. Thats the only injury I've ever had at a show, besides the random bruises and stingers.
----
This is my sig, respect it. Please.

CHECK THESE OUT
21.08.2011 - 16:24
Milena
gloom cookie
I never get into mosh pits (being a weak, glasses-wearing female), but still suffer injuries because I like to be in front rows. Being pressed and squished against the fence or getting other people hurdled at me is a common event. I think that hardcore moshing people are a bit selfish, 'cos they're spoiling the fun of everyone else around them who doesn't wanna mosh. Like, during the most powerful and awesome songs during the set, I can't rock out, but I always have to turn and watch behind my back for stray moshers out of control and take their blows. I never push people back 'cause they can fall, so I just stand there like a big pillow. I've got my boyfriend to protect me, but I don't want him to take all the damage while I'm having fun, so we try to defend each other I know I'm at a metal show and that no one's gonna be all nice, but I still wonder why is it necessary.
----
7.0 means the album is good
25.08.2011 - 00:44
adrenalectomized

Damn all this talk of moshing! I'd dearly love to go to a metal show again, but can't afford it right now...
----
Abortion isn't murder. It's a perfectly good way to make smoothies.
25.08.2011 - 17:49
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
I love moshing! im 5'9" and 105lbs i have got hurt but nothing thats going to make me stop. plus you get noticed by the band, i got into a conversation with Dez Fafara at the devildriver concert
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
25.08.2011 - 19:17
Mattybu

Written by JCJen7 on 21.08.2011 at 03:15

He pushed me again a few minutes later, and I turned around and got a pretty good punch in to his face. He kinda went down, and his friend punched me in the ear. I swung a few more at his friend, connected a couple (I never got to see them, so idk how successful I was), and a bunch of other testosterone riddled guys, who had no idea what was going on, started shoving and punching us, until I worked myself out of the crowded area. My ear and mouth was bleeding, but not really that bad. Thats the only injury I've ever had at a show, besides the random bruises and stingers.

Awesome story man people like that deserve to get their shit punched.
25.08.2011 - 19:35
KwonVerge
Odysseus
Well, it wasn't a mosh pit, i was at the first row of Paradise Lost and i was headbanging and while my head was backwards loading to get to the front i get a harsh push and my head lands on the iron bar, my teeth went into my lower lip and i was full of blood, i turned behind started cursing for a few seconds and then started headbanging again

And the other one is pretty similar, i was first row Dissection and the club was full and from a moment and on the pushing power was huge and i had become one with the iron bar and i was starting not breathing well and suddenly my instincts told me to push with my body backwards with my all of my remaining strength and opened a space of half a meter or something, once again, i turned behind me, started cursing and swearing and turned my head again at the show
----
Dec. 30, 1334.

...And the whiskey and wine entered our veins when blood was too weak to carry on.
26.08.2011 - 01:02
JCJen7

Written by Mattybu on 25.08.2011 at 19:17

i wish it was noble like the story made it sound haha. i basically sucker punched a guy, and then got yelled at and harassed for the next 10 minutes, for 'trying to start a fight and shit'. but whatever, something about being at a live metal show makes me a bit edgy!
----
This is my sig, respect it. Please.

CHECK THESE OUT
26.08.2011 - 02:59
Mattybu

Written by JCJen7 on 26.08.2011 at 01:02

Written by Mattybu on 25.08.2011 at 19:17

i wish it was noble like the story made it sound haha. i basically sucker punched a guy, and then got yelled at and harassed for the next 10 minutes, for 'trying to start a fight and shit'. but whatever, something about being at a live metal show makes me a bit edgy!

Makes me edgy sometimes too man, people take advantage of the crowd atmosphere sometimes and not being accountable for shit.
30.08.2011 - 15:25
Milena
gloom cookie
Written by KwonVerge on 25.08.2011 at 19:35

And the other one is pretty similar, i was first row Dissection and the club was full and from a moment and on the pushing power was huge and i had become one with the iron bar and i was starting not breathing well and suddenly my instincts told me to push with my body backwards with my all of my remaining strength and opened a space of half a meter or something, once again, i turned behind me, started cursing and swearing and turned my head again at the show

That happens to me all the time (see my previous post) Once I got a GIGANTIC, big, brown and nasty bruise that way.
----
7.0 means the album is good
03.09.2011 - 08:22
Mad Mike

Besides the random bruises and knee scrapes, haven't been really hurt that badly. I used to be terrified of mosh pits... until I was forced in the pit for Skeletonwitch, and after that, I did not want to get out of it . I've gotten pretty lucky so far since I started going into those things, but I'm bound to lose an eyeball or two somewhere down the road..
----
Did you ever notice that the people who tell you to get a life are normally people who should be dead in the first place?