Metal Storm logo
Decomposter - Finntroll Members Launch Death Metal Project

Original news, posted on 30.12.2009

Finntroll vocalist Mathias Lillmåns and guitarist Samuli Ponsimaa have formed Decomposter, a new death metal project. The band has launched itself with the following words:

"A new era for death metal has begun... no wait, we're old school. Anyway... We have begun to exist. The rotted four of us gave birth to a futile piece of music. It's very organic solution for your ear pussies."

The band recently recorded their first demo, entitled Futile [cover art]. The song "The Composter" is streaming on the band's MySpace page.

Decomposter line-up:

Mathias Lillmåns (Finntroll) - vocals/bass
Samuli Ponsimaa (Finntroll) - guitar
Mika Aaltonen - guitar
Rainer Tuomikanto (ex-Causemos, live Dauntless) - drums

UPDATE

Decomposter's entire first demo, entitled Futile, is available for streaming online. Check it out at this location.

Futile [cover art] tracklist:

01. The Composter
02. Final Outpost
03. Futile

Source: myspace.com
Band profile: Finntroll
Posted: 23.01.2010 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 14   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 163 users
30.12.2009 - 11:25
GT
Coffee!!
Cheesy (if you can call a death metal cover that) cover. Otherwise it sounds interesting
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
30.12.2009 - 11:30
FeskarN

Yeah sounds pretty good. Mathias show that he can do really deep growling on the song.
----
The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!
30.12.2009 - 11:42
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Quote:
It's very organic solution for your ear pussies.

These guys have a great sense of humour.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
30.12.2009 - 12:00
Marcus
Doit Like Bernie
Lol @ "hellsinki" but otherwise the actual music sounds pretty bland.

Great joke band!
30.12.2009 - 12:10
AyΣm
Abyssal Zebra
Funny ! Old school as I like !
30.12.2009 - 15:38
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Whata happy picture
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
30.12.2009 - 19:04
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Pretty good shit, but the vocals are...of the unbearable variety in my opinion.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
30.12.2009 - 21:34
corrupt
With a lowercase c
Someone seems to be looking at Bloodbath with a jealous eye. "hey, let's form an old-school death metal band in the late 2000's. It'll be totally fresh. Oh, wait..."
----
30.12.2009 - 23:24
thesabbathfan

I'd like Finntroll to do my earpussy.
----
31.12.2009 - 00:11
wormdrink414

It has the early death metal production grime but is repetitive and slow. So pretty much it has very little going for it.
31.12.2009 - 09:27
Uller

Im not in to old school death metal, but the song isnt bad. I hope they dont leave finntroll behind to focus on this band.
----
01.01.2010 - 03:35
silenius

Hmm, i like the song, not extremely much, its a bit, booring tbh, but if they continue on this path they can develop a great thing here, but still due to my admiration of bloodbath and God Among Insects, its boring compared to these DM side projects
01.01.2010 - 03:48
Thorhalla

I think it's fucking great! My trolls rule the world!
----
A mighty troll warrior sharpens his sword. He prepares his armour, binds his beard and tars his face. As the sun sets, he rides a giant wolf to the crusaders fortress. He slays the wrong-believers and feasts on their blood.
01.06.2011 - 09:13
Averus

It's not that good but I respect it for what it is; they DID pretty much say it's supposed to be raw, old school death metal.

Hits total: 5487 | This month: 4