Cossacks - Napoleonic Wars
Sword of the Stars
Disciples series
Battleground series

Total votes: 12
30.12.2009 - 11:44
Valentin B
Iconoclast
My pick is Civilization, since it's so incredibly DIY, there's a completely open end to every game, especially if you play with many opponents, plus imo it has a very realistic gameplay for a game that involves world domination
30.12.2009 - 12:23
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Heroes series, definitely
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

30.12.2009 - 12:41
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
Written by Ellrohir on 30.12.2009 at 12:23

Heroes series, definitely

Oh yes, one of the best series ever and easily the best turn-based series!
30.12.2009 - 20:45
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Only know Civilization and Heros Of Might And Magic and the latter is the winner for me.
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
30.12.2009 - 21:55
Valentin B
Iconoclast
No Total War fans? i was actually going between Total War(Medieval 2 to be more precise) and Civ in the beginning, but Civ definitely wins in the end, seriously, Civilization IV is the best strategy game i've ever played(and i've played a lot, including all of the Heroes games and Civ is simply better).
31.12.2009 - 13:10
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
Total wars series, maybe cause i havnt played the others, i used to spend hours playing Rome total wars
02.01.2010 - 03:08
Baz Anderson
Staff
Yes, Heroes - fantastic series (although I wasn't big on Heroes V).
If you people like the Heroes games, you should also like the main Might and Magic series. M & M VI is probably my all time favourite game. VII and VIII are also amazing. IX was good but had a million bugs in it.
02.01.2010 - 19:20
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Baz Anderson on 02.01.2010 at 03:08

If you people like the Heroes games, you should also like the main Might and Magic series. M & M VI is probably my all time favourite game. VII and VIII are also amazing. IX was good but had a million bugs in it.

hail!! i didn't play VI, but VIII was simply amazing, probably the game i was most in love with. i was in 7th grade and me and 2 other guys, for at least 2 weeks, all we did at school was talk about the game i finished it and for a time i was still obsessed with the game, so after getting it again from a guy i knew over the internet, i was so gripped by the game that i had to make a deal with myself to exhaust and finally end it with M&M VIII: finish the game with all possible characters and then delete it. last time i finished it it took me something like half an hour from start to finish

VII and IX were also pretty good, i especially liked when you get the final weapons in VII, OWNAGE ROBOT BITCHES. VIII had a far better and gripping storyline, while imo VII had a better class advancement system. incredibly addictive games though, all of them.
02.01.2010 - 19:37
Baz Anderson
Staff
Written by Valentin B on 02.01.2010 at 19:20

Written by Baz Anderson on 02.01.2010 at 03:08

hail!! i didn't play VI, but VIII was simply amazing, probably the game i was most in love with. i was in 7th grade and me and 2 other guys, for at least 2 weeks, all we did at school was talk about the game i finished it and for a time i was still obsessed with the game, so after getting it again from a guy i knew over the internet, i was so gripped by the game that i had to make a deal with myself to exhaust and finally end it with M&M VIII: finish the game with all possible characters and then delete it. last time i finished it it took me something like half an hour from start to finish

VII and IX were also pretty good, i especially liked when you get the final weapons in VII, OWNAGE ROBOT BITCHES. VIII had a far better and gripping storyline, while imo VII had a better class advancement system. incredibly addictive games though, all of them.

Well then all I can do is urge you to get Might and Magic VI. I said it was probably my favourite game of all time, and that isn't without reason.

When you see it, it'll probably look older to you - but don't let the looks put you off because the game is more challenging than any of the others to come after, and it is much much longer too.
It'll take you months to finish. There is no good and evil team, and Light and Dark magic aren't as good, (you do get blasters towards the end though) but the game as a whole is more enjoyable than any of the others in my opinion.

Get it. Seriously, that is all I can say.
02.01.2010 - 20:04
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
I was always a C&C guy... but Civilization has taken away days of my life throughout the years. Other nominations I would include are Starcraft, Warcraft, Age of Empires...
08.01.2010 - 18:07
MetallicA
I've only played Heroes of Might and Magic. There were nights when me and my boyfriend would stay up until 3am playing this.

My godfather loves these kinds of games and I wouldn't be surprised if he owns most of them.
----

God's disciples want you to die!
In the blazing inferno
Slewed on Satan's pitchfork
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
by my hand... or by your fate
with no remorse.
09.01.2010 - 11:34
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Introspekrieg on 02.01.2010 at 20:04

I was always a C&C guy... but Civilization has taken away days of my life throughout the years. Other nominations I would include are Starcraft, Warcraft, Age of Empires...

those 3 are real-time strategy games, they're not using turns to play. i find they make the gameplay more dynamic for short skirmishes or battles and stuff but far less realistic and practical if it involves world domination or something, like huge maps, lots of opponents etc.
09.01.2010 - 18:17
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
Written by Valentin B on 09.01.2010 at 11:34

Written by Introspekrieg on 02.01.2010 at 20:04

those 3 are real-time strategy games, they're not using turns to play. i find they make the gameplay more dynamic for short skirmishes or battles and stuff but far less realistic and practical if it involves world domination or something, like huge maps, lots of opponents etc.

Ah, my bad. Looking back I think I only saw the word "strategy" and got excited... thanks for clearing that up.