Metal Storm logo
Christopher Lee - To Release Metal Album

Sir Christopher Lee is to become Christopher Cheese once more.

The project is called Charlemagne. It is the story of King Charlemagne, First Holy Roman Emperor, acted and sung by the legendary actor Christopher Lee. Sir Christopher is the highest grossing actor of all time, with cinematic milestones such as "Lord Of The Rings", "Star Wars", "The Man with the Golden Gun" and "Dracula", amongst over 280 movies - and still counting!

The Carandinis, Lee's maternal ancestors, were given the right to bear the coat of arms of the Holy Roman Empire by the Emperor Frederick Barbarossa. Through his Carandini ancestors, Christopher Lee has a direct link to Charlemagne, and has decided for the first time in his life to pay homage to his distinguished ancestor, who is credited as "The Father of Europe".

Charlemagne is a concept album with original words and symphonic metal music.

Composer Marco Sabiu, best known for his collaborations with Kylie Minogue, Take That, Pavarotti, Morricone, has created a truly epic canvas by introducing modern metal symphonies, in a style which resembles a movie score. Marie-Claire Calvet, a graduate from Bristol University, transports the listener into "The Dark Ages", with a very powerful storyline and mesmerising lyrics. A full orchestra, heavy metal musicians, choir and special guest vocalists bring the legend of Charlemagne to life.

Sir Christopher Lee has also collaborated with Rhapsody Of Fire in the past, and lists his influences as: Manowar, Rhapsody Of Fire, Guns N' Roses, Metallica, Hammerstein, Movie Scores and Symphonic Metal.

The album will be released on the 15th of March 2010.

Source: myspace.com
Posted: 01.01.2010 by Baz Anderson

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 55   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 489 users
02.01.2010 - 03:12
ItalktotheWind
Wood Troll
This is simultaneously the most cheesy, most awesome, most retarded thing ive ever heard of. Musical movie score "metal" ?
----
"A witty saying proves nothing."
-Voltaire
02.01.2010 - 03:45
Harlequin
Well, at least the picture of him on his myspace is nice...

His singing is okay I guess, especially considering his age. The music isn't metal, but oh well, you can't have anything. But I will not buy this for sure.
----
00:40 - Doomface
Mikael Akerfeldt doesn't age like humans do.
02.01.2010 - 04:01
Dr. Wvrm
This is the greatest news ever.
02.01.2010 - 04:57
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Wow. First Rhapsody and now this? This is pretty awesome. I agree this would probably work better as a huge live experience, but it's quite novel nonetheless. 87 and doing this? Fucking awesome. I only hope he does the voice of Smaug in The Hobbit like he offered he would. Heavy Metal will never die!
----
The force will be with you, always.
02.01.2010 - 06:58
Carrion Misery
Just watch out for the *does strange, villainous hand motion* Drive Bee!

I think this is pretty sweet lol. I never knew he did this stuff.
----
? Carrion Misery
www.mournspire.com | Two-Man Death Doom Project
Full album streaming
02.01.2010 - 10:26
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by Richard on 02.01.2010 at 02:33

if nothing else, good on him for perhaps being one of the eldest people to front a Metal album (by the gods, he's even older than Ronnie James Dio! )

as long as he has voice...and damn he has The voice!
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

02.01.2010 - 11:00
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Ellrohir on 02.01.2010 at 10:26

Written by Richard on 02.01.2010 at 02:33

if nothing else, good on him for perhaps being one of the eldest people to front a Metal album (by the gods, he's even older than Ronnie James Dio! )

as long as he has voice...and damn he has The voice!

yeah, he has a pretty epic voice, reminds me of Dio to some extent, though Lee doesn't put that "mrrrhrhrhrh" in his vocals sometimes.
02.01.2010 - 12:11
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
LIKE A SAVAGE.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
02.01.2010 - 13:33
Nerevarine
The myspace samples are horrible, but I still respect the man for doing that in his 70s (80s?), it mustn't be easy.
----
This Is Not Dead Which Can Eternal Lie, And With Strange Eons, Even Death May Die
02.01.2010 - 16:24
Chainer
Witch Hunter Gen
Quote:
The myspace samples are horrible, but I still respect the man for doing that in his 70s (80s?), it mustn't be easy.

True, its probably very difficult, but hes a great (and well respected) actor, and I think that this project could end embarrassingly for him.
----
Written by Dangerboner on 02.11.2009 at 08:11

Everything he doesn't like is metalcore. Britney Spears, Elton John, Michael Moore, and green beans are also metalcore, in case you guys didn't know.
02.01.2010 - 17:19
Warman
Erotic Stains
I'm still listening to the samples now and then, think I will laugh myself to death soon.
----
02.01.2010 - 17:27
metalwolf
Here I was thinking that I've seen it all...guess I was wrong.
I hope that when I'm at his age I will also still be rockin'
----
----------------------------------------------------------
Cthulhu for President! Why settle for the lesser evil?
02.01.2010 - 17:56
GT
Coffee!!
staff
Oh dear! This sounds interesting and I'll be checking out the album for sure, but I have a feeling it will be quite boring. Cool that he's trying though being a gazillian years old
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
02.01.2010 - 18:23
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
elite
He's now the highest cheesing musician of all-time, good for him.
02.01.2010 - 19:10
benvolent
Hahaha... "Christopher Cheese" ... hahaha, I like that! A lot!
----
The struggle to free myself of restraints, becomes my very shackles
02.01.2010 - 19:39
Elaryan
Wow , that guy's awesome
02.01.2010 - 20:07
TheBigRossowski
When will Christopher Walkins come out with a record?

You know... I was...the boss of a gang. It was...a very...BIG gang.

lol
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
02.01.2010 - 22:38
Fat & Sassy!
elite
Oh shit, he's pulling a Disney Channel. He can act, so why not sing? Christopher Lee concert in 3-D! Fuck yeah! >:[
03.01.2010 - 00:07
Nerevarine
Written by Warman on 02.01.2010 at 17:19

I'm still listening to the samples now and then, think I will laugh myself to death soon.

+1
----
This Is Not Dead Which Can Eternal Lie, And With Strange Eons, Even Death May Die
03.01.2010 - 00:16
TheOwl
I love Christopher Lee! He is just ACE! Ok, now, having said that and after listening to the samples I must say that it sounds very average. This music could only work within a context of a theatrical performance if not on the big screen. Rick Wakeman of YES did a few brilliant albums in the 1970's (using orchestras etc) re-telling stories such as "Journey to the Centre of the Earth" and "The Myths & Legends of King Arthur & The Knights of the Round Table".... Marco Sabiu is trying to do something similar IMO
03.01.2010 - 02:08
R.I.Pdeadlegends
Account deleted
I don't really care if it's metal or not, good relaxing music is all I need right now !! Great voice as always
03.01.2010 - 06:59
Neryus
I believe that he is extremely courageous by recording a (symphonic) metal album. A man of his stature with the balls to venture into metal territory is most admirable. There is nothing less than complete respect from me.
04.01.2010 - 20:30
prk
Needs much more gratuitous double bass drumming
----
well that's just like... your opinion, man...
05.01.2010 - 05:51
Lachy
Account deleted
Im really interested to see how this turns out!
05.01.2010 - 10:11
This is absolutely ridiculous. In no bad way at all, I am sully confident in saying that it does not matter what people do. they are going to do what they want. Christopher Lee is great for making an album that can be, attributed to metal. For someones sakes this is huge. There is a lot of cool in humanity after all.

Hits total: 8198 | This month: 7