03. The Sound Of Eight Hooves
04. Risen From The Sea [2000 version]
05. As Long As The Raven Flies
06. A Fury Divine
07. Annihilation Of Hammerfest
08. The Fall Through Ginnungagap
09. Releasing Surtur's Fire

Additional info
Recorded at Studio Abyss in November 2000.
Engineered by Lars Szöke and mixed by Peter Tägtgren.
Mastered at Cutting Room by Peter In De Betou.
Remastered by Jens Bogren.
Bonus track "Eyes Of Horror" recorded at Das Boot Studios.
All songs produced and arranged by Amon Amarth.
Cover by Tom Thiel and Thomas Ewerhard.
Layout by Thomas Ewerhard.

Guest review by
R.Baldur
Rating:
Of the thousands of metal groups, there is none that offers such heavy and powerful music as Amon Amarth. Regardless of the fact that I have always loved Amon Amarth, I would like to say that this alloy of Swedish metals combined mythological cocnepts with precisely the right style of music. In fact, Sweden is the death metal capital, and Amon Amarth is at the top of this power pyramid. But The Crusher, the third album of this powerful and mighty group, reminds us of the days in which melodic death metal was at its peak, the days in which the band advertised the production of war music, not party music?

Read more ››
published 03.08.2017 | Comments (1)

Found in 10 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 20   Visited by: 755 users
01.01.2010 - 23:17
Rating: 10
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Great album. IMO one of the best amon amarth albums.
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
02.01.2010 - 01:45
Reza
Account deleted
Written by Deadmeat on 01.01.2010 at 23:17

it's good but IMO it isn't one of the best Amon Amarth albums. I believe With Oden On Our Side is the best, Versus The World is the second and then Twilight Of The Thunder God.
02.01.2010 - 01:55
Rating: 10
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Guest on 02.01.2010 at 01:45

it's good but IMO it isn't one of the best Amon Amarth albums. I believe With Oden On Our Side is the best, Versus The World is the second and then Twilight Of The Thunder God.

lastly i believe that this one is better that versus the world. songs like bastards of a lying breed and a fury divine make me ffel it. i know that death in fire is probably the best amon amarth song but the rest ar imo not as good as this albums material. i dont say versus is a bad album. i ove it. i just say that this one is just a bit better.
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
02.01.2010 - 02:02
Reza
Account deleted
Written by Deadmeat on 02.01.2010 at 01:55

Written by Guest on 02.01.2010 at 01:45

lastly i believe that this one is better that versus the world. songs like bastards of a lying breed and a fury divine make me ffel it. i know that death in fire is probably the best amon amarth song but the rest ar imo not as good as this albums material. i dont say versus is a bad album. i ove it. i just say that this one is just a bit better.

I believe Valhall Awaits Me is the best Amon Amarth song. Anyway I like Versus The World more than The Crusher
12.09.2010 - 21:17
Rating: 8
Vikcen
Metálico
"Masters Of War" awesome .
13.09.2010 - 00:57
RavenKing

Since people are talking of "Versus The World", I have to say that I find this album extremely dull and repetitive. The songs are so much alike you don't even notice when it changes from track to track if you don't pay attention.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
13.09.2010 - 01:11
Reza
Account deleted
Written by RavenKing on 13.09.2010 at 00:57

Since people are talking of "Versus The World", I have to say that I find this album extremely dull and repetitive. The songs are so much alike you don't even notice when it changes from track to track if you don't pay attention.

All songs !!! for instance Death In Fire is similar to For the Stabwounds In Our Backs
13.09.2010 - 01:22
RavenKing

You can find small differences but most songs are following the same pattern and the choruses are much alike each other.
Also, I forgot to mention that I dislike the production on "Versus The World", especially the sound of the drums. I bought the album at a very low price and tried to get into it but it ended in the garbage bin, unfortunately.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
28.10.2010 - 00:15
Rating: 8
Yojimbo

I put this as their third best album behind Odin and Twilight. Personally I don't like like Versus as much, the melodies are a bit slow. It's still good but not compared to their last two.

Also, I think Twilight of the Thunder God or Gods of War Arise are their best songs.
18.05.2011 - 19:37
Rating: 9
Vikingr

Hermods Ride to Hel is easily the greatest Amon Amarth song though I think that all their shit is kick ass:banger2:
02.08.2011 - 18:53
Cuca Beludo
Account deleted
This album is more noise than melodie. I like the records from AA only after the release of "Versus The World", although "OSFTGH" is good.
06.11.2011 - 17:15
Rating: 7
Coolingsrock

No this album has lots of melody just not like their new stuff. I love this album cause it got lots of badass riffs.
06.11.2011 - 19:44
Rating: 6
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Lots of melody and badass riffs? We must have been listening to different albums... I liked this, thought it was a little better than average, but I think it's one of AA's most simple releases. Too repetitive.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
10.01.2013 - 23:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I didnty get this album, like always good melody , good sound enginering, but somehwo I cant get, Masters of war is best song from this album ......
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
31.08.2015 - 17:28
Jtbmetal123

Pretty epic
30.11.2015 - 23:59
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Jtbmetal123 on 31.08.2015 at 17:28

Pretty epic

only one where I don't hear anything epic, more brutal death as melo death
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
26.08.2016 - 19:41
Rating: 9
NocturnalStalker
Metal Addict
I like this album a lot. I think that if I were making a list of my favourite Amon Amarth records, The Crusher would go right behind With Oden On Our Side and Versus The World and before Twilight Of The Thunder God. What I particularly like about this record is that it is definitely a death metal record, and there is not a single song on it I would call too melodic. I believe that the title The Crusher is well deserved. Just listen to Bastards Of A Lying Bride with its crushing power.
My personal picks: Bastards Of A Lying Breed, Risen From The Sea (2000), As Long As The Raven Flies, Annihilation Of Hammerfest, The Fall Through Ginnungagap.
----
"And we are not who we think we are
We are who we're afraid to be"
- Lux Occulta "The Opening of Eleventh Sephirah"
25.04.2018 - 12:36
gavdann

I love Amon Amarth. OK so their latest releases veer too far towards Iron Maiden style heavy metal for my tastes but I still love them and they're always great value live. My favourites are the '99-'02 records (Avenger, Crusher, Versus) but Oden is a great record too.
17.09.2021 - 23:16
Neoxx07

The final album of their classic trilogy. What a fantastic era for the band, trully Amon Amart best moment.
Too bad, after this their softern their sound to a more safe and commercial approach.
23.11.2022 - 23:34
Rating: 7
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
Some major changes from their original sounding brutal four to now, I like this pre Fate Of The Norms era more than the softer easier listening approach of now, with the exception of Odin At Our Side, Twilight Of The Thunder God, and maybe Surtur Rising.

This is a fine album, the riffs are fantastic as usual. and I like how they incorporated the blackened approach into their music, the production wasn't particularly good but then it's understandably raw. "Releasing Surtur's Fire", "Annihilation Of Hammerfest", and "Masters Of War" are the stand out tracks for me.

Hits total: 15562 | This month: 24