07. Korvesta Liha
08. Koivu Ja Tähti
09. Vaarinpolkka
10. Surma
11. Iron Fist [Motörhead cover] [limited edition bonus]

Guest review by
R.Baldur
Rating:
Silver moonlight, massive forests, the riverside, and an old man with old-fashioned clothes, a curious laugh on his lips, and a kind, gentle look - it may not remind you of the usual style of metal music, but when you hear the roaring screams and riffs, the true nature of these Finns will be apparent. The famous Finnish group Korpiklaani is unrivaled in the use of Finnish folk instruments, and with twelve beautiful albums has long enjoyed an unassailable position in folk metal.

Read more ››
published 06.07.2017 | Comments (2)

Found in 8 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 38   Visited by: 640 users
03.01.2010 - 23:44
Rating: 7
Iceland_Norway

Official Website telling nothing about new album release for now.

I'm a forum member of Korpiklaani
----
Føroyar mítt land

Tú alfagra land mítt

Føroyar mín Móðir
03.01.2010 - 23:54
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
Korpiklaani is turning so much sellout with time, I was almost ashamed of clicking the "Wish" button... I kinda like Karkelo, but I think they should work more toroughly on their next album, which means wait more than 6 months between Karkelo and the follow-up. Anyway, we'll see...
----
Notre destinée n'est pas encore tracée....
03.05.2010 - 16:54
Necromutant

I think the band is not capable to get new ideas or develope their style as long as they work as rapidly as they have done during all the decade. A short moment of thinking and careful planning would certainly do miracles to the band. At the moment we can only wait the upcoming album and hope that it contains something interesting.
04.05.2010 - 23:05
Got Mayhem?

Already? I wasn't too impressed with the last release but I guess I'm always willing to hear some new Korpiklaani. Hopefully it'll be quality stuff regardless of the short time in between records.
----
06.08.2010 - 01:46
Rating: 4
hadriel

This band can't seem to stop pumping out annual releases... get more and more tired of them with each one. Take the time to actually write something decent.
06.08.2010 - 04:10
RavenKing

Written by Got Mayhem? on 04.05.2010 at 23:05

Already? I wasn't too impressed with the last release but I guess I'm always willing to hear some new Korpiklaani. Hopefully it'll be quality stuff regardless of the short time in between records.

It's all quantity, zero quality with this band. The perfect example of crappy commercial Folk (self-called) Metal made on an assembly line for no other purpose than money.

I understand that bands can't always be original but there's still a limit to unoriginality. I can hardly imagine people liking this band, outside of Euroflowermetal fanboys who can never get enough cheesiness.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
03.10.2010 - 21:42
worm_is_gloaming

Who leaked the album name? Can't recall seeing a blog post or a news item announcing this.
Very much looking forward to it.

I like it how people go out of their way to take the time to write bashing unconstructive comments.
03.10.2010 - 22:19
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
"Ukon Wacka"? sounds strange...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

03.10.2010 - 23:08
RavenKing

Written by worm_is_gloaming on 03.10.2010 at 21:42

I like it how people go out of their way to take the time to write bashing unconstructive comments.

I this case, the bashing is so much well-deserved I consider the time spent on writing what you call 'unconstructive comments' as an investment.
Saying how sold out and sucky this band is should be seen as a necessity.

As for the album title, they could as well call the album "Korven Kuningas part 2" or "Karkelo's return", since all they can do is release the same bullshit over and over.
----
06.10.2010 - 23:27
Marcus
Doit Like Bernie
Well considering they've waited over a year to release this album after karkelo maybe they spent some of the time actually writing, although I really doubt it.
09.12.2010 - 14:25
Rating: 8
Anibx

Written by RavenKing on 03.10.2010 at 23:08

I this case, the bashing is so much well-deserved I consider the time spent on writing what you call 'unconstructive comments' as an investment.

As for the album title, they could as well call the album "Korven Kuningas part 2" or "Karkelo's return", since all they can do is release the same bullshit over and over.

In this times we live, 'sold out' sound like an insult anyone put on a band that they don't like anymore. Just empty and tired words.
09.12.2010 - 14:28
RavenKing

Written by Anibx on 09.12.2010 at 14:25

In this times we live, 'sold out' sound like an insult anyone put on a band that they don't like anymore. Just empty and tired words.

In Korpiklaani's case, it's far from empty words. Only a fool can overlook it.
----
13.12.2010 - 21:41
Anibx

Written by RavenKing on 09.12.2010 at 14:28

Written by Anibx on 09.12.2010 at 14:25

In Korpiklaani's case, it's far from empty words. Only a fool can overlook it.

Then, I must be a fool, because I think theres a lot of other words we can use to explain what's happens with korpiklaani. The fact that a band lose quality doesn't make them sold out. I don't think their sound have gone more radio friendly or anything like that. So sold out sound pretty stupid to me. But hey, is your opinion, I respect it and I understand is easier for you to say 'sold out' instead of a real argument explaining your point.
14.12.2010 - 00:55
RavenKing

Written by Anibx on 13.12.2010 at 21:41

I respect it and I understand is easier for you to say 'sold out' instead of a real argument explaining your point.

Then I will put an end to the discussion by simply saying that you can find any reason you wish to explain it, be it sold out or whatever, it doesn't change my opinion that this band fucking sucks.
----
15.12.2010 - 01:32
Anibx

Written by RavenKing on 14.12.2010 at 00:55

Written by Anibx on 13.12.2010 at 21:41

I respect it and I understand is easier for you to say 'sold out' instead of a real argument explaining your point.

Then I will put an end to the discussion by simply saying that you can find any reason you wish to explain it, be it sold out or whatever, it doesn't change my opinion that this band fucking sucks.

So why do you lose your time commenting on this topics?
04.02.2011 - 02:45
necrovamp

I keep buying their albums wanting to like them, only to be disapointed, i hope this one will be better. yeah right!
----
'I'd rather die than go to heaven' - Murderface
04.02.2011 - 15:06
3dd

Oh my, here we go again...with the same and similar stuff, again.

I miss the 'Tales Along This Road' and 'Tervaskanto' days...
04.02.2011 - 15:33
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
You already listened to?
----

04.02.2011 - 16:47
Runamoinen

Written by 3dd on 04.02.2011 at 15:06

Oh my, here we go again...with the same and similar stuff, again.

I miss the 'Tales Along This Road' and 'Tervaskanto' days...

I'm sure everybody does.
05.02.2011 - 22:43
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Well after first listen - it sounds not that bad as previous 3 albums

and i really adore Tuoppi Oltta
----

06.02.2011 - 13:57
Norman-King

Nothing new, true... But it is not bad.
09.02.2011 - 19:49
swatata

Liked it but it could have been better
10.02.2011 - 08:44
KorvenKuningas

The music they make is not to appeal to fans.
The music they make is to reflect who they are.
Korpiklaani is not going to change anytime soon.
This is what they enjoy doing, and it's who they are.
Granted, the album doesn't have the as much appeal as previous albums,
but it's still quite well done, and any true fan would appreciate their music as it is.
10.02.2011 - 14:24
RavenKing

Written by KorvenKuningas on 10.02.2011 at 08:44

And this means they're no more than worthless drifters who can't do something productive and intelligent and can only be drunk all day long. Absolutely nothing to be proud of and praise.
One more reason to despise this band.
----
10.02.2011 - 20:42
Adunnakhor

I do wonder, does this album sound as good when being sober?
11.02.2011 - 00:42
Anibx

This is a surprise. After the last two albums I thought they were done. But, this actually sounds pretty good.
11.02.2011 - 01:08
KorvenKuningas

Written by RavenKing on 10.02.2011 at 14:24

And this means they're no more than worthless drifters who can't do something productive and intelligent and can only be drunk all day long. Absolutely nothing to be proud of and praise.

And that's your opinion.
One more reason for you to stay off the discussion board
and keep your negativity to yourself.
11.02.2011 - 03:59
RavenKing

Written by KorvenKuningas on 11.02.2011 at 01:08

Written by RavenKing on 10.02.2011 at 14:24

And that's your opinion.
One more reason for you to stay off the discussion board
and keep your negativity to yourself.

You're right. Better leave the fanboys/fangirls to their delusional ideas and positivity, indeed.
----
15.02.2011 - 08:12
wormdrink414

Not entirely sure why I bought this. I don't mind when bands don't take their lyrical content, and/ or image seriously (in fact, a number of my favorite bands clearly don't), but in Korpiklaani's case, one gets the impression that they don't even take their music seriously. They contribute nothing but slightly tweaked, half-baked, folksy tunes to what's now a tired genre. This album is testimony to that. It's fatigued from the beginning. Flat, skunked, processed--you can fill in the rest. Most importantly though, it's boring as fuck; it doesn't even get you tipsy. Korpiklaani is to metal what Busch Lite is to beer. It appears they have no sense for nuance. If they do, they shrug it off with an insouciant, beer-spilling wave of the stein. In effect, the listener is left annoyed, angry, and sticky.

They do put on a fun show, though. They deserve credit for that.
16.02.2011 - 03:20
Mikrokosmos
Account deleted
Written by Necromutant on 03.05.2010 at 16:54

I think the band is not capable to get new ideas or develope their style as long as they work as rapidly as they have done during all the decade. A short moment of thinking and careful planning would certainly do miracles to the band. At the moment we can only wait the upcoming album and hope that it contains something interesting.

I think the band won't do any good material as long as they keep drinking/fucking instead of playing their instruments like they used to do.

Hits total: 17236 | This month: 17