Metal Storm logo
Dim Mak

31.07.2006 - 05:45
Sepulchral Oath
Account deleted
Has anyone here heard of this band? From the BNR Metal Pages:

"Dim Mak is more or less the continuation of the band known as Ripping Corpse, who recorded one album in 1991 before disbanding two years later. Three members from that band ended up here, and a fourth, Erik Rutan (now of Morbid Angel fame) ended up producing this band's second album, Intercepting Fist. The name of the band comes from Chinese martial arts, and that subject is also prevalent in their lyrics, at least if song titles such as "Phoenix Eye Fist" or "Komodo Whip" are anything to go by. Musically the band is, like Ripping Corpse, straddling the line between thrash and death metal, perhaps leaning toward the latter. Interestingly, vocalist Scott Ruth sounds nothing like he did in his old band, opting for a rather monotonous death bark. Though at times a bit samey, this is a ferocious and intense modern American death metal band that should find favor with many a death fan."

I picked up Intercepting Fist yesterday at a cd store for a whopping $2.99, and i must say, for that price it is an incredible listen. I have yet to hear their first album Enter the Dragon, but i've heard a couple tracks off of their latest one, Knives of Ice, and its pretty good.

Opinions?
12.02.2007 - 22:44
Gibbler
Account deleted
Ah yes, so stoked I search for Dim Mak on here.

My favorite band ever. (Tied with Ripping Corpse of course)

I can't praise this band enough. Enter The Dragon was a slight departure from the stuff that Ripping Corpse recorded. Had so much groove and anger. Intercepting Fist grew on me like crazy. That album was back to the Ripping Corpse style. Very heavy album, the snake charming leads just kill me. (Sidenote, Shaune Kelley is recording a lead for my song, I'm impossibly stoked) Knives Of Ice was an amazing album. Definitely the fastest material, thanks to John on drums. They really stepped it up. Scott sounding his best, writing his best lyrics also. Shaune always brings the best riffs. The new material that Shaune sent is even more epic now. Wiith the signature Dim Mak groove. It will be a beast of an album for sure.
13.02.2007 - 00:22
Mega-Slayer

Well I saw that they went onto Dim Mak,after RC,I should definitley check em' out.
----

Intestinally Punctured Smurf