Metal Storm logo
Imperial Vengeance - Sign To Transcend Records

Official press release

Transcend Management are very pleased to announce the signing of a worldwide management deal with Imperial Vengeance, a British extreme metal act formed in 2007 by C. Edward Alexander (aka Charles Hedger (Cradle Of Filth)) and David Bryan.

The band have an interesting and intriguing angle to their creative persona as they attempt to explore ideas and material firmly rooted in the glory days of the British Empire presenting a wide range of subjects influenced by its' colorful social and military histories, theatre, literature and mythologies.

Having self-released their 4-track EP called Death: August & Royal in early 2008 the band were quickly snapped up by legendary UK label Candlelight Records. The duo then spent the rest of the year writing and recording their debut album At The Going Down Of The Sun. Fuelled by absinthe and cigar smoke, the album contains ten tracks of what the duo have referred to as "Aristocratic Dark Metal" with the title track featuring a specially recorded passage from Harry Patch, who at the age of 110 was the last surviving Tommy to have seen combat in the trenches of the Pashcendale. Mixed and mastered by Brett Caldas-Lima and released 25th July 2009, the CD has been attracting considerable attention and excellent reviews.

The band made it's blistering live debut at The Garage in London, opening for Chthonic closely followed by a set on Remembrance Sunday at Hellfire Festival at Birmingham's NEC to an audience of union flag waving fans. Touring plans for 2010 are well underway and will be revealed in due course.

Rob Ferguson of Transcend commented "I am personally very excited to welcome Imperial Vengeance to our exclusive management roster. I firmly believe that they have a fantastic all round package both musically and visually. It is refreshing to see a band that already has a strong identity, great depth and a true creative vision of where they are heading. I relish the opportunity to assist them in steering the ship towards achieving those goals."

For more information visit http://www.myspace.com/imperialvengeanceuk.

Source: transcendmediagroup.com
Band profile: Cradle Of Filth
Posted: 05.01.2010 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 55 users
05.01.2010 - 15:03
Baz Anderson
staff
Interesting band. Not a big fan of the vocals though.
05.01.2010 - 17:10
Carrion Misery
Yeah, rough vocals are too 'hardcore' for my liking, and the clean vocals sound forced. Music sorta drags on with the same tone and drive, over and over.
----
? Carrion Misery
www.mournspire.com | Two-Man Death Doom Project
Full album streaming
06.01.2010 - 06:17
Symmachus
According to wikipedia, July 25, 2009 is also the day that Harry Patch died. That's interesting.

Hits total: 2246 | This month: 6