Metal Storm logo
Vreid - Guitarist Leaves, Replaced By Ex-Windir Member

Norwegian black'n'rollers Vreid have announced the departure of guitarist Ese and his replacement by Stian "Strom" Bakketeig, who also performs in Cor Scorpii and Mistur and was - alongside with the three remaining members of Vreid - a part of Windir until the death of frontman Terje "Valfar" Bakken in 2004. The statement of the band reads as follows:

"In late December we got the news from Ese that he could not continue to play with Vreid. This was of course very sad news, as Ese has been a member of Vreid since the beginning in 2004. We respect his decision, and want to thank him for all his great work during the 5 years, 4 album and almost 200 shows for the Vreid brigade.
[...]
After the news from Ese, we immediately had a band meeting to look into the situation. 2009 was a demanding and hard working year for Vreid, and it doesn't seem as 2010 will be in any different. We will do a lot of shows, and we will spend a lot of time recording our 5th album. This meant that we had to start looking for a new guitarist.
Our first choice was a choice without discussions. We asked Stian Bakketeig aka Strom to join us. To our delight he was ready for the task, and is now officially the new Vreid guitarist. We have known Strom since the early 1990's, and he joined our previous band Ulcus back in 1996, later on we played with him for several years in Windir. Strom was our number 1 choice as he is the best guitar player we know, the social connection is perfect, and we have a strong history together.
[...]
We will use the first 2 months of 2010 working on new material and rehearsing our live set with Strom. We have made a list of songs that we will rehearse to play live. This list consist of songs we haven't played in a long while an also songs we have never played live before. We will do our first live shows with Strom in March, and give you more info about this soon."

The entire press release with statements by Ese and Strom can be found here.

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Vreid
Posted: 05.01.2010 by Promonex

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 10   Visited by: 47 users
06.01.2010 - 02:17
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
So is Strom gonna sing too?
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
06.01.2010 - 03:17
Galar
Wicked Mung
Nah man sture sings
----
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID, SUCK A DICK
06.01.2010 - 04:31
Symmachus

Considering the previous history with these folks, he seems like an excellent guitarist for the band.
06.01.2010 - 04:47
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Yeah seems like quite a suitable replacement really. He'll obviously fit in well.
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
06.01.2010 - 05:16
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Damn, now i wanna see them live. now that ese is gone its like Windir: THE REMIX.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
06.01.2010 - 17:15
Arrwyn

I hope this guitarist plays better than their last... Saw them live and was horrified when he played.
06.01.2010 - 19:40
fade
Son of Sweden
Which one is Ese? If he was the baldish guitarist I will be bummed... he has the most energy on stage imo.
----
The troubles of avoiding horseshit.
My Music database: http://www.racksandtags.com/northernsky/
06.01.2010 - 23:17
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Its always good news when an ex-Windir member joins a band lol It can only be a good thing, I never particularly liked Vreid but perhaps they will have more of a Windir/Cor Scorpii influence with this change....which could only be a positive thing for the band.
07.01.2010 - 03:27
Promonex
Cathemeral
Written by Guest on 06.01.2010 at 23:17

Its always good news when an ex-Windir member joins a band lol It can only be a good thing, I never particularly liked Vreid but perhaps they will have more of a Windir/Cor Scorpii influence with this change....which could only be a positive thing for the band.

If you like Windir that much, you should definitely give Strom's other project Mistur a try: http://www.myspace.com/attende
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
08.01.2010 - 00:09
Glower

Mistur is amazing, I'm listening to them now

I'm glad for Vreid, sounds like everything will work well! ...Now all we need is Valfar back and we've got ourselves some much-needed Windir (:

Hits total: 4039 | This month: 6