Metal Storm logo
The Project Hate MCMXCIX - Line-Up Changes

Swedish Industrial Death metallers The Project Hate MCMXCIX have issued the following update:

"It's 2010 and we thought we should start off the new year by making quite a bit of changes. Some might come as a total surprise, some may not. We were never a band who gave a fuck about what other people think anyways. That sounded cool, huh?

First off we wanna thank Jo Enckell for her work with The Project Hate since 2003. She's done a great job on the albums she's been a part of and will always be a huge part of TPH's history. Yes, Ms. Jo is no longer a part of TPH. There are no grudges held or anything, we just feel it's time to enter a new stage in our career. This is what Jo has to say about this: "I'm so happy to have been a part of The Project Hate MCMXCIX, to have been able to participate on four killer albums! This band will always have a special place in my heart. I love you guys and to all the fans - you rule! - Jo"

Many of you will wonder why Jo is relieved of duty after all these years. It's simple - we have done fantastic albums with her since Hate, Dominate, Congregate, Eliminate some 7 years ago, but now we feel it's time to go for another type of vocals when it comes to the female parts. We are looking for something else to further enhance our sound. And we have found it. In fucken Portugal of all places.

Let us introduce Ms. Roque to the fold. A killer chick with an absolutely fantastic voice including range, dynamics and power. Ms. Roque is destined to make her mark in TPH history with the strongest vocals we have ever had. You will have more info on her shortly in case you don't have the strength to Google her yourself. In her own words: "I'm very proud and thankful to be joining TPH, its an honour to be joining forces with such talented musicians. A big thank you to Lord K for believing in me and my "pipes" ! To all the fans of TPH , I promise you guys that I won't let you guys down! I'm very motivated and ready to kick some serious ass!! Truly yours - Ruby"

Welcome Ms. Roque to The Hate. We are extremely happy to have her on board and look forward to work with her for years and years to come.

We are not done yet though... What? We are changing drummer as well? Yes, we are. Thomas Ohlsson ( Axenstar), who played on The Lustrate Process and did a great job with it, is also replaced. Why? Well, sometimes the answer is right in front of you, you just forget to look since it's too close. Of course Tobben Gustafsson of Torture Division and Vomitory is the man to be the last piece of the Hate puzzle. It dawned on us some time ago; why the hell isn't one of our fave drummers and best friends playing drums for TPH? We know what this guy is capable of and it's safe to say we'll get the finest drumming of our career with the next album by having Golden T on it. As said before, his nickname isn't fucken Golden for nothing, you know. Here's what Tobben has to say about being the new drummer: "I am very excited to join forces with K and J again, but now in The Project Hate MCMXCIX! From having been not so impressed in the beginning, I have grown to like this band a lot over the years. Their sound is truly unique and it's not the kind of metal I'm used to play, so it will be a big challenge for me to take on this honourable task. It will demand a lot of hard work, blood, sweat and frustration but I know it will all be worth it in the end. Prepare for a masterpiece!"

More changes? Well, kind of... We haven't heard from Michael Håkansson (ex- Engel, ex- The Forsaken, ex- Evergrey) in quite some time. We actually don't even know what he thinks about the latest album. Whatever he's doing (probably repairing motorcycles and whatnot) we wish him the best, coz Michael is one terrific guy. He didn't play on The Lustrate Process and K doesn't mind doing bass so he'll do that on the coming albums as he used to before Michael entered the Hate-fold on Armageddon March Eternal (Symphonies Of Slit Wrists) and In Hora Mortis Nostræ. Thanx for the killer work you did on those recordings, kid.

TPH has always been about progression. We have always wanted to push the limits. We have done that with each and every album and will continue to do just that, even more-so with our 7th studio recording. We are putting gasoline on our fire and it feels great. We are upgrading The Hate. The work with album 7 has started (actually it started some time back, we just didn't tell you) and it will be a massive process to complete this one. Things are going really well with the song writing and we are not walking away from the formula that's made us achieve recognition. We won't guess when all the material for this album will be completed but let us state that we are far into the process. We will work harder than ever before on this coming, guaranteed-to-be masterpiece. And trust us - it will be downright fucken phenomenal.

Last off, another huge "thanx" to Jo, Michael and Thomas for the work you have done with TPH. We will always love you for it. Welcome the new blood. A new chapter of the apocalypse just started..."

Source: theprojecthate.net
Band profile: The Project Hate MCMXCIX
Posted: 06.01.2010 by SlaytallicA

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 70 users
06.01.2010 - 11:57
arj

Jo was amazing, lets see what the new singer can do.
06.01.2010 - 13:32
BudDa

Is there anybody else who knows this Ms.Roque apart from the band. Any of her other works?!
----
Freeze! Step away from the hubris.
06.01.2010 - 15:00
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Sounds more like an earthquake...
----
loves 小巫
06.01.2010 - 18:44
Dark Forever
Ruído Sonoro
Written by BudDa on 06.01.2010 at 13:32

Is there anybody else who knows this Ms.Roque apart from the band. Any of her other works?!

She sings in two songs from my personal friends The Spektrum debut album, Daemonicus Awakening: The Awakening and Drowned In Sadness.

Her voice is simply amazing and unique, one of our best singers here in Portugal. I just hope she'll continue her work with Witchbreed.

You can listen to Drowned In Sadness from The Spektrum here: http://www.myspace.com/thespektrum
----
Taste the DARK...
... and you'll live FOREVER!
07.01.2010 - 06:42
BudDa

Written by Dark Forever on 06.01.2010 at 18:44

Written by BudDa on 06.01.2010 at 13:32

She sings in two songs from my personal friends The Spektrum debut album, Daemonicus Awakening: The Awakening and Drowned In Sadness.

Her voice is simply amazing and unique, one of our best singers here in Portugal. I just hope she'll continue her work with Witchbreed.

You can listen to Drowned In Sadness from The Spektrum here: http://www.myspace.com/thespektrum

Thanx a bunch! I'll check that asap
----
Freeze! Step away from the hubris.
09.01.2010 - 06:01
wvsabbath

Well jo replaced mia,,,and jo was better,,so lets hope that ruby follows the pattern. Something tells me after the last album, and with this lineup change, that the new tph album will be more commerical, i hope not cause this band has been a personal fav of mine for the last 4 albums.
25.02.2010 - 03:33
chrisjoel

I Loved Jo..but I always prefered Mia...Ruby sounds amazing in WItchbreed so High Hopes !

Hits total: 2749 | This month: 5