Metal Storm logo
Wizard

31.07.2006 - 17:19
Baz Anderson

German power metal band Wizard never get mentioned much compared to other bands, at least they dont from where I am sitting.
I therefore actually dont have any idea how many people know or like them, or what peoples opinions on them are other then some people think they are nothing special and dont bring anything new into their albums.

I guess that does have some truth to it though - they are not such a different band compared to others, but does that really matter if they play good music?
I think they sound like early Blind Guardian even though on this site it is Helloween that has them under similar bands and not Blind Guardian

So any people out there that do know them or want to get to know them - pop in here and leave a message.

I have all of their albums apart from the newest one. I dont know which is my favorite though - they all have their good points.
If i had to pick one though, it would probably be 'Head Of The Deciever' - they are all good albums though and worth getting in to.
31.07.2006 - 17:22
Lucas
Mr. Noise
You knew I would reply. Bas will reply to, when he returns.

Anyway, I love Wizard, from the first song I heard from them, 'The Powergod'. I got it from Bas, and I still thank him for that. Soon after that I downloaded the entire 2003 'Odin' album, and loved it too. I think I will new download some more stuff.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
31.07.2006 - 20:11
Baz Anderson

haha yes
thats a fast song isnt it. one of the best on the album
i really like a lot of their songs. 'In The Sign Of The Wizard' - the first song from their first album is really good. the whole first album sounds really good in its 'not perfect' production
'Magic Potion' and 'Revenge' are also favorites of mine - they were the first two Wizard songs i heard i think..
31.07.2006 - 21:09
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Don't know those, I'll try them out.
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
31.07.2006 - 21:45
Chazy Metal
Account deleted
Wizard is super true power metal because is not populare band ...:banger2: lioke this band i have 2 CD this bans. ciao metaller
31.07.2006 - 23:46
Baz Anderson

yeh - i have no idea how popular they are at all. i just presumed not so much because they havent got an active profile on this site
you cant really see how many people are their fans either because if you search for 'wizard' in peoples favorites - it gets everyone with Demons & Wizards as well
31.07.2006 - 23:55
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Yeah, I have actually never seen them mentioned, except you and Bas2 maybe once or twice. So, I don't really think they are so popular. As the replies in this thread are also only from you and me, and Chazy Metal.
----

01.08.2006 - 01:54
Baz Anderson

haha - we can hope some more people will pop in here in time. i would like to think at least a few people here know them
if not i will have ot go on a mission to get people to look into them like i did with Myrkskog (where Zyklon got two members and their sound from, and are much better then Zyklon - just not many people know them)
01.08.2006 - 02:58
Daru Jericho

I've heard some Wizard tracks and from what I have heard I don't think they're anything special. They're average sounding power metal. I like the vocals though, they remind me of Eric Adams.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

01.08.2006 - 12:22
Lucas
Mr. Noise
What songs have you heard then? Try to get some 'Odin' tracks, or listen to Baz Anderson and get some songs from 'Head Of The Deceiver'.
----

01.08.2006 - 12:48
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Baz Anderson, as I hope they get added too, I submitted all their albums, with the pictures and all. Hope that if they accept them, they will also add the band. I surely think they deserve it, and I know you think that too. So well, let's hope.

PS. Have you noticed that their official website (www.legions-of-doom.de) is pure shit? Contains very limited information and stuff. Sucks.
----

01.08.2006 - 14:15
Daniel

Hehehe,I havent heard of them till I took a geezer at this topic,are they any good?
----
In The Cold Winds of Nowhere
01.08.2006 - 15:17
Baz Anderson

Written by Lucas on 01.08.2006 at 12:48

Baz Anderson, as I hope they get added too, I submitted all their albums, with the pictures and all. Hope that if they accept them, they will also add the band. I surely think they deserve it, and I know you think that too. So well, let's hope.

PS. Have you noticed that their official website (www.legions-of-doom.de) is pure shit? Contains very limited information and stuff. Sucks.

haha yeh their site is pretty limited - the track list for 'Battle Of Metal' isnt even right. haha
oh well - i also added all the albums and pictures and stuff yesterday. haha - so maybe with two people trying to add it all they might think they have fans and add them properly. haha
oh well we'll see what happens

Beverage: haha yes, they are good. try and get your hands on 'Son Of Darkness' 'Head Of The Deceiver' or 'Odin' and you can see for yourself. if you like power metal there is no reason why you wont like Wizard
01.08.2006 - 22:07
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Even if your not an average Power Metal fan, (like me) you can still like them.
----

02.08.2006 - 02:59
Baz Anderson

yes indeed!
i dont know if many more people are going to be coming in here though. hahaha. this might as well just be a conversation between me and you
oh well - we can hope that maybe someone else will come in here and produce a splendidly detailed opinion on them from which we can converse for hours
..you never know
02.08.2006 - 04:11
Daru Jericho

I had no idea what albums they were from but Bas2 sent me what he thought were their best so...yeah.
----

02.08.2006 - 13:16
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Not the really the incredible detailed opinion we wanted, but anyway.

That's a shame, since Bas2 will probably know what the best songs are..
----

02.08.2006 - 17:57
Baz Anderson

haha, no it wasnt
well my favorite tracks are 'In The Sign Of The Wizard' 'Lonley Wolfe' 'Dragon Lords' 'Magic Potion' 'Revenge' 'True Metal' 'Betrayer' 'The Powergod' 'March Of The Einheriers'

but i havent heard their latest album, i did however listen to four tracks from that album this morning and they all sounded fantastic
so i will be getting that as well as soon as i can!
02.08.2006 - 18:53
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Mine are 'The Powergod', 'March Of The Einheriers'. But still heard only Odin. Busy downloading, isn't going as fast as I'd like.
----

02.08.2006 - 22:13
Baz Anderson

haha no, they arent the easiest albums to download
its so annoying searching for them and on sites like amazon and stuff as well because you get all this Electric Wizard and Demons & Wizards and Wizard of Oz stuff and whatever else
03.08.2006 - 03:29
Daru Jericho

Checking now and they're both from the Odin album. They are 'Betrayer' and 'The Powergod'. Anyhow, they really failed to impress me, which is a shame because it seem some people think they're the next best power metal band.
----

03.08.2006 - 15:54
GT
Coffee!!
Haven't heard of them until this tread...and I can't find anything on the net...got any good places?
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
03.08.2006 - 16:59
Baz Anderson

haha - if they were going to be the next best power metal band, i think they would have already been and done that - i mean they arent a new band at all. their first album was released in 1995 and they formed in 1989

if anyone wants to listen to some tracks, follow this link to their myspace page - there are four songs from the new album on there on the right hand side. be sure to turn the volume up!
they sound good! i really do have to get my hands on it, i have all their others. haha

anyway, here is the link:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=56139042
03.08.2006 - 18:48
Lucas
Mr. Noise
@Baz Anderson.

Man, I downloaded some 'Son Of Darkness' stuff, and it sucked! Really, I listened it only once but it was nowhere near the greatness of Odin! I am kinda disappointed, but will download more.
----

03.08.2006 - 20:52
Baz Anderson

what do you mean by 'some' stuff? didnt you get the whole album?
i quite like the album, especially 'Lonley Wolfe' and 'In The Sign Of The Wizard'
it is their first album and hasnt got perfect production but that just makes it a bit more interesting
if you have only got a few tracks, maybe you havent got the best ones - always get full albums

if you have to have all this clean production and everything then just go for the later albums
03.08.2006 - 21:01
Lucas
Mr. Noise
I want the whole album, but it wasn't finished yet.

Here's the songs I have form that album: Dawn Of Evil, Death Or Glory, Rain Of Death and Sign Of The Wizard. I hope the entire album finishes soon, so I can hear them all.
----

04.08.2006 - 12:17
Baz Anderson

well i hope you get the rest soon and decide to like it
haha - remember it is their first album
04.08.2006 - 13:02
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Aaaargghhh it takes so long.

I know it is their first, but if they exist since 1989, that doesn't really count. I mean, if you release your debute two years after the forming of your band, ok, but if you release it 6 years after your debute, you gotta already have some experience..
----

04.08.2006 - 16:47
Baz Anderson

yeh, but still they wont have as much capital to be able to splash out on some fantastic producer and all the rest of it

i am still yet to get their latest album, but if you heard them songs on that link i put up there - they sound a lot cleaner
i am going to be getting it sometime soon so you should have a poke around with it as well. you should like it
04.08.2006 - 19:58
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Ok, I'll try to download it. I can't buy it, unfortunatly, my black/death/thrash taste aka my 'usual' taste is demanding all the money I possess.
----