Metal Storm logo
Wizard

Original post

Posted by Baz Anderson, 31.07.2006 - 17:19
German power metal band Wizard never get mentioned much compared to other bands, at least they dont from where I am sitting.
I therefore actually dont have any idea how many people know or like them, or what peoples opinions on them are other then some people think they are nothing special and dont bring anything new into their albums.

I guess that does have some truth to it though - they are not such a different band compared to others, but does that really matter if they play good music?
I think they sound like early Blind Guardian even though on this site it is Helloween that has them under similar bands and not Blind Guardian

So any people out there that do know them or want to get to know them - pop in here and leave a message.

I have all of their albums apart from the newest one. I dont know which is my favorite though - they all have their good points.
If i had to pick one though, it would probably be 'Head Of The Deciever' - they are all good albums though and worth getting in to.
12.08.2006 - 02:29
Joey Jo Jo
Piece of shit
Well, I am fan of Manowar, so when I call a band retarded, it's not all that bad.
We all need this kinda music once in awhile. But I did mention that Wizard takes the cake over any other power metal band in that sense.
----
"If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys."
- Orson Welles
12.08.2006 - 09:54
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
hmmmm Wizard I have heard of them,but never listened to them,anyone want to help me out and give me some suggestions? It would be much appreciated
12.08.2006 - 12:28
Lucas
Mr. Noise
I think you can start best with one ofd their newer albums. So that would either be Odin or Magic Circles. that's the better stuff, IMO.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
12.08.2006 - 14:13
Baz Anderson

yes indeed, i think their later stuff is best too - 'Magic Circle' 'Odin' and 'Head Of The Deceiver' are all fantastic
they shouldnt be that hard to get a hold of
13.08.2006 - 11:15
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Written by Baz Anderson on 12.08.2006 at 14:13

yes indeed, i think their later stuff is best too - 'Magic Circle' 'Odin' and 'Head Of The Deceiver' are all fantastic
they shouldnt be that hard to get a hold of

Thank you very much! I will definitely check it out!
20.08.2006 - 02:53
Baz Anderson

you are very welcome. i am glad to help spread the metal
20.08.2006 - 19:36
Baz Anderson

and Wizard is now a visible band thanks to Eddie
woo!!
BUT - if you already had Wizard in your favorites, you will not show up as a fan, so what you will have to do is edit your profile and take them out and save it. then just edit again and put them back in - and it should work from there
20.08.2006 - 20:40
Bas
Retired Staff
awesome!
a band that really deserved to be added.....

...now only mithras still has to be added
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
20.08.2006 - 20:47
Lucas
Mr. Noise
I, I was the one who put the albums up.

They notificated me, so Baz, I guess they didn't notificate you?

Ah well, as long as they are up there.
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
20.08.2006 - 20:58
Baz Anderson

well they notified me and said that they had accepted my edit
i got the points and stuff so i just assumed they used mine and not yours

actually, i think they used two of mine and two of yours or something like that
but mine were definatly used as well. haha
strange business goings on
20.08.2006 - 21:00
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Huh? Kinda weird. Ah well, Wizard is added and that is what mattes.

Let's move on to Mithras now.
----

24.09.2006 - 00:29
Baz Anderson

hahahaha - i find it amusing how everyone just kinda stopped in here after they had been added

its been a while
so anyone like any album more or less then last time they were in here?
24.09.2006 - 12:05
Lucas
Mr. Noise
I haven't really listened to them much anymore, as I have been way too much into Funeral Doom & (Ambient) Black Metal lately.. I will listen to them again.
----

16.10.2006 - 22:43
Vidrageon
Account deleted
After listening to Bound by Metal, I fucking hated them, but they improved by a million times listening to the album Odin...I've yet to aquire their latest album though, but if it continues in the same vein as Odin than it can't be bad.
17.10.2006 - 01:19
Baz Anderson

Written by Guest on 16.10.2006 at 22:43

After listening to Bound by Metal, I fucking hated them, but they improved by a million times listening to the album Odin...I've yet to aquire their latest album though, but if it continues in the same vein as Odin than it can't be bad.

its kind of similar in some ways
i would bet if you liked 'Odin' you would like 'Magic Circle' though
and if you havent heard 'Head Of The Deceiver' then i strongly recommend that one too!!
'Head Of The Deceiver' is probably my favorite Wizard album
17.10.2006 - 02:41
danzig111
Account deleted
Aggghhh! Wizard, I WANT TO HEAR THEM SO INCREDIBLY BADLY!!!

It is not even funny, i can't download any MP3's from anywhere, I can't find any samples! they have no myspace! i have been 100% unsuccessful in hearing these motherfuckers! Can somebody please help me out?! Please?!
17.10.2006 - 09:40
Baz Anderson

haha, they do have a myspace page
http://www.myspace.com/wizardband
but i dont think the songs they have on there are very representetive at all. theres just three from the latest album and one from an early one - nothing from their best two albums

(just looking through other myspace pages to see if there are any other places where you can hear anything)
one old song
http://www.myspace.com/11920346

and here is the video for 'Betrayer'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qB4b-o7ISM

looking through stuff - i have found out they apparently they have a new album on the go and it will be released the end of february next year. it is called 'Goochan'
17.10.2006 - 12:08
Lucas
Mr. Noise
danzig111

or you might as well solve all your future problems and download Soulseek.
----

20.10.2006 - 00:48
danzig111
Account deleted
Written by Baz Anderson on 17.10.2006 at 09:40

haha, they do have a myspace page
http://www.myspace.com/wizardband
but i dont think the songs they have on there are very representetive at all. theres just three from the latest album and one from an early one - nothing from their best two albums

(just looking through other myspace pages to see if there are any other places where you can hear anything)
one old song
http://www.myspace.com/11920346

and here is the video for 'Betrayer'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qB4b-o7ISM

looking through stuff - i have found out they apparently they have a new album on the go and it will be released the end of february next year. it is called 'Goochan'

*gasp*

You are my personal saviour!

Wow, I'm streaming the songs from their myspace page and i like them

wow they are so metal! and through them I have discovered another band called Steelpreacher (whom i shal check out in a few)

Thanks a tonne, I owe you!
20.10.2006 - 03:41
Baz Anderson

its alright i am glad to help!
i just wish there was somewhere where you could stream or download some of their songs from their best albums 'Head Of The Deceiver' and 'Odin'
i guess the tracks from 'Magic Circle' on the myspace page are quite good though as well

but anyway. i am just glad to help
24.10.2006 - 18:52
Bararey
Winter is Coming
This band is really talented. Bas sent me one of their tracks and immediately thought I have to get the rest of the album. I have 4 of their albums, but I cannot find their first two releases.

On a side note: why is Mithras mentioned here?! I have been having extra dosage of this band lately, and it causing me a headache
----
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Ser Jorah Mormont
24.10.2006 - 19:26
Baz Anderson

i cannot find anywhere on the internet where i can buy their first album at all..
i presume it is out of print, etc. so i guess i will never own it and will just stick to mp3s

me Bas2 and Nervel occupied this thread mostly when Wizard were not a visible band on the site, but then i had a little exchange of pms with Eddie, and he made them visible for us (before i was staff)
so then they started to campaign to get Mithras added. haha
24.10.2006 - 20:16
Bararey
Winter is Coming
You are right!

I have not looked hard before to get the first two CDs, and now I went to every online store I can think of and nothing!

That sucks, I really wanted the CD even though some people say it is not that good.

EDIT: ok i was able to buy the second CD online, but the first one i'm still looking for it...
----
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Ser Jorah Mormont
26.12.2006 - 20:25
Bas
Retired Staff
new album is out on january 27th, finally
----
29.12.2006 - 02:48
danzig111
Account deleted
Written by Bararey on 24.10.2006 at 18:52

This band is really talented. Bas sent me one of their tracks and immediately thought I have to get the rest of the album. I have 4 of their albums, but I cannot find their first two releases.

On a side note: why is Mithras mentioned here?! I have been having extra dosage of this band lately, and it causing me a headache

how he send you it
29.12.2006 - 10:45
Bas
Retired Staff
i sent the tracks by msn, or maybe by email, not entirely sure anymore
----
30.12.2006 - 05:43
danzig111
Account deleted
Written by Bas on 29.12.2006 at 10:45

dude, my brother in metallianism (:lol: what a word), we must link! if you send me files i will owe you forever! it is especially impossible to find their song, "Hammer, Bow, Axe And Sword" on LimeWire .

wouldn't it be easier to send them by sendspace.com though
30.12.2006 - 12:18
Bas
Retired Staff
well i only have the last two albums though, i dont have the earlier stuff either
----
30.12.2006 - 15:39
Baz Anderson

you only have the last two??
wow! you NEED to get 'Head Of The Deceiver' - that is my favorite Wizard album, it is so good - better then 'Odin' in my opinion
i highly recommend it, its only the first three that are kinda weak
31.12.2006 - 04:43
Bararey
Winter is Coming
@ danzig111,

same answer here...

Written by Bas on 29.12.2006 at 10:45

either or.. at the end i had few tracks from Bas, then I went out i bought the last 4 albums,, and downloaded the first two.. (I have been trying to buy the second for months now, but it is still "on order" :

and by the way.. I have that song you wanted,, but dunno about the software/website you mentioned
----
Ser Jorah Mormont