Metal Storm logo
Wizard

Original post

Posted by Baz Anderson, 31.07.2006 - 17:19
German power metal band Wizard never get mentioned much compared to other bands, at least they dont from where I am sitting.
I therefore actually dont have any idea how many people know or like them, or what peoples opinions on them are other then some people think they are nothing special and dont bring anything new into their albums.

I guess that does have some truth to it though - they are not such a different band compared to others, but does that really matter if they play good music?
I think they sound like early Blind Guardian even though on this site it is Helloween that has them under similar bands and not Blind Guardian

So any people out there that do know them or want to get to know them - pop in here and leave a message.

I have all of their albums apart from the newest one. I dont know which is my favorite though - they all have their good points.
If i had to pick one though, it would probably be 'Head Of The Deciever' - they are all good albums though and worth getting in to.
02.01.2007 - 17:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I know this band but not so much, I had read thay play like Blind Guardian after first 2 albums and before Nightfall is this true?

I had hera in tape this album '' Battle of Metal'' but it was still when I go in secendary schol, so many years pass by and I hawe no tape anymore and I use to like this band thay are amazig etliest i think so when I lsiten it and my music taste are changed after years
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
06.01.2007 - 03:34
danzig111
Account deleted
well yes, they are comparable to early Blind Guardian but I don't know if they can be called Speed Metal though.
15.01.2007 - 12:33
Bararey
Winter is Coming
Written by Guest on 30.12.2006 at 05:43

dude, my brother in metallianism (:lol: what a word), we must link! if you send me files i will owe you forever! it is especially impossible to find their song, "Hammer, Bow, Axe And Sword" on LimeWire .

wouldn't it be easier to send them by sendspace.com though

Did you manage to get the song?

And new mp3 samples from their new album "Goochan" is now available at their website,, check it out
----
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Ser Jorah Mormont
16.01.2007 - 02:43
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Written by Bararey on 15.01.2007 at 12:33

Written by Guest on 30.12.2006 at 05:43

dude, my brother in metallianism (:lol: what a word), we must link! if you send me files i will owe you forever! it is especially impossible to find their song, "Hammer, Bow, Axe And Sword" on LimeWire .

wouldn't it be easier to send them by sendspace.com though

Did you manage to get the song?

And new mp3 samples from their new album "Goochan" is now available at their website,, check it out

did i get the song? what do you mean

but anyway, thank you for informing me that samples are available on their website, i will check it out
16.01.2007 - 04:36
Bararey
Winter is Coming
Written by Guest on 16.01.2007 at 02:43

did i get the song? what do you mean

I thought you were looking for it, so I asked did you manage to find it.
----
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Ser Jorah Mormont
16.01.2007 - 19:52
necrovamp

theres a band called wizard who do 'i wish it could be christmas every day' i think every one knows it, just like to point its the same name
----
'I'd rather die than go to heaven' - Murderface
16.01.2007 - 20:11
Baz Anderson

Written by necrovamp on 16.01.2007 at 19:52

theres a band called wizard who do 'i wish it could be christmas every day' i think every one knows it, just like to point its the same name

that is Wizzard - this is Wizard
17.01.2007 - 12:12
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 06.01.2007 at 03:34

well yes, they are comparable to early Blind Guardian but I don't know if they can be called Speed Metal though.

Its isnt so fats how BG and actualy I dont know simmilar band how early Blind Guardian
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
28.01.2007 - 23:45
Baz Anderson

so what do people think to 'Goochan'???
i have just heard it for the first time - and a few tracks seemed to be rather good, and a few others seemed to be a bit bland maybe..

i would put it behind the three albums before it - but is still definitely better then the first three albums i would say
its worth looking at i would say after my first impression
29.01.2007 - 19:37
Bas
Retired Staff
i dont have it yet, but should of course get it as quick as possible, give me your second impression to please
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
29.01.2007 - 23:28
Baz Anderson

i will do once i have listened to it all through again.
i have listened to half of it through again but then my battery died..
i really love the third track though - 'Call To The Dragon' its just really good
30.01.2007 - 11:27
APOHAKC
The Bard
I like new album very much, Goochan is very quality album, best Wizard's album ever, all songs are great, it is little slower then previous albums but it is Wizard again, Snopi is killing drums again and everything is perfect. Long Live Wizard.
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
30.01.2007 - 11:40
Baz Anderson

i am listening to it again right now..
i really do not thing this is anywhere close to the albums 'Head Of The Deceiver' or 'Odin' though. it is a good album and has some really good tracks on it, but it also has some tracks that arent very exciting and seem to drag on..

i would say it is worthy of buying but only if you have the three before it as well
30.01.2007 - 12:50
Bararey
Winter is Coming
I have completely forgotten that the album was due in Jan! (don't ask)
I have just placed an order for the limited Edition one from Amazon.de! (ordering in german was a nightmare)

Call of the Dragon? I'll keep that track in mind
----
Ser Jorah Mormont
30.01.2007 - 19:29
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by Baz Anderson on 30.01.2007 at 11:40

i am listening to it again right now..
i really do not thing this is anywhere close to the albums 'Head Of The Deceiver' or 'Odin' though. it is a good album and has some really good tracks on it, but it also has some tracks that arent very exciting and seem to drag on..

i would say it is worthy of buying but only if you have the three before it as well

I liked Odin very much, but I like this album very, very much, all songs, I respect your opinion, it is probably not best Wizard's album but to me it is curently number one, maybe because it is new so I am only exited, we will se in couple of mounths maybe I change my opinion then, but I doubt.
----
30.01.2007 - 22:41
Baz Anderson

yes.. i have listened to it a lot more actually and it is growing on me quite a bit. i dont know if you have heard 'Head Of The Deceiver' before or not - but i get the impression that less people have listened to it then they should..
so i recommend 'Head Of The Deceiver' to you and anyone else if you havent already heard it - i think that is their best

('Sword Of Vengeance' also seems to have put itself among my favories of the album - i love the guitar riff)
31.01.2007 - 13:48
APOHAKC
The Bard
No I listened Bound By Metal, Odin and this one, but I will find Head Of The Deciever very soon, so who knows maybe it wil be my favorite Wizard's album, I just like this guys, and I have their video on my Odin CD, I bought limited digi CD, it is hilarious, I was laughing for three hours after that video, video is for Betreyer,this is the funniest video I have ever seen.
----
31.01.2007 - 18:12
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Funny in the sense of humour or them being ridiculous? (Immortal like, lol)
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
31.01.2007 - 18:39
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by Lucas on 31.01.2007 at 18:12

Funny in the sense of humour or them being ridiculous? (Immortal like, lol)

I hope they wasn't serious altough I am not sure, I mean just look at the video, if you want I will upolad it...
----
31.01.2007 - 18:44
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Yeah, that'd be kind. Or maybe it's on YouTube or something like that?
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
31.01.2007 - 19:05
APOHAKC
The Bard
Well, I searched a little and I didn't find it, I will upload it, but it would take some time, it is 50Mb, but when I am done I will let you know...
----
31.01.2007 - 19:43
Baz Anderson

it is on youtube - it is here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qB4b-o7ISM
i think its rather funny as well.. this video was one of the first things i heard/saw of Wizard - and so helped get me into them
31.01.2007 - 20:16
APOHAKC
The Bard
Haha, hats the one, wel Nervel let me know your opinion
And Baz thanx
----
02.02.2007 - 20:51
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Thanks!

I'm pleasantly surprised! Cheesy in some ways, but kinda cool too. Nice firespitter..

A shame they didn't use the live-material, but well. It's cool.
----

25.02.2007 - 17:16
Bas
Retired Staff
my review for goochan will be up soon, so stay tuned in the reviews section

still i have to say it here too though,
whoa, Two Faces Of Balthasar is such an awesome song!!!
----
26.02.2007 - 11:17
thunderstone
Account deleted
anybody have an album to upload it?
just not rapidshare or megaupload. smothing else
07.03.2007 - 00:35
Bas
Retired Staff
and here's the review i promised

http://www.metalstorm.ee/pub/review.php?review_id=3961

feel free to leave comments
----
22.05.2007 - 20:35
Susan
Smeghead
I picked up their "Goochan" album and it's finally growing on me. At first I didn't love it (too much cheese to digest at once, maybe?) but now I can appreciate all the power metal goodness!

All songs are great, nothing that feels like "filler" which really sets it apart from other power metal releases this year. I'm listening now and Dragons Death is on.. man this is a great song for air-instruments
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
22.05.2007 - 23:05
Baz Anderson

you've just made me want to go and put it on again [and so I have ]
haha.. this is a great album - it will be one of the best power metal albums of this year
22.05.2007 - 23:52
Bas
Retired Staff
guys, i didnt give the album such a good review for nothing of course
----