Metal Storm logo
Best metal concert line up you have seen

Original post

Posted by I_Die_Often, 10.01.2010 - 00:29
After reading the Ultimate Concert Lineup forum, I started thinking, I have already seen a few pretty damn good concerts!
So, what concerts have you been to that had all bands you liked, there was no band there just to fill a slot in your opinion.

Mine are...

Pantera
Machine Head
Coal Chamber

Dimmu Borgir
Behemoth
Keep Of Kalessin

Slipknot
Shadows Fall
Lamb Of God

Slayer
In Flames
Soulfly
Down The Sun
25.04.2011 - 04:26
ScreamingSteelUS
Editor-in-Chief
admin
Written by I_Die_Often on 25.04.2011 at 04:20

Written by ScreamingSteelUS on 23.04.2011 at 11:06

Eluveitie
3 Inches of Blood
Holy Grail
System Divide

Almost went to this show, only wanted to see System Divide tho...

It was pretty awesome. I met the guitarists from 3IOB and Holy Grail, as well as all of SD. I bought their album and EP and got them signed.

Also, when Eluveitie did "Slanias Song," everyone from the first three bands came out on stage dressed as leprechauns to sing along, and they had stuffed unicorns (?) for some reason. There was confetti and balloons were flying everywhere and about 20 guys were line-dancing in the pit... It was an interesting experience.
----
"Earth is small and I hate it" - Lum Invader

I'm the Agent of Steel.
14.10.2011 - 01:04
brapp32
It's a toss up between:

Slipnot
Machinehead
Coal Chamber

Chelsea Grin
I Declare War
Veil of Maya
The Acacia Strain
Whitechapel
14.10.2011 - 01:12
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
It was actually my first bigger metal concert in 2005:
~Tristania: with Vibs, Kjetil, Osten, Rune and Einar
~Therion
~Trail of Tears

All three were among my fave 10 bands back them, Tristania being one of my absolutely favourites, I cried when they came to stage and started with Beyond The Veil.
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
14.10.2011 - 11:44
Cannibal Corpse
The Black Dahlia Murder
Behemoth
Godforbid (this one didn't matter)

At the Gates- openers were not important/enjoyed
27.10.2011 - 05:17
metalheadpunk
Account deleted
Slayer
Megadeth
Anthrax

Metallica wasnt there because it was a thrash concert, and the venue was too small so they wouldnt have been able to make enough money to sell out.
27.10.2011 - 05:32
JCJen7
Written by Guest on 27.10.2011 at 05:17

Slayer
Megadeth
Anthrax

Metallica wasnt there because it was a thrash concert, and the venue was too small so they wouldnt have been able to make enough money to sell out.

FYI, Metallica spent their 30th anniversary concerts in a small club in San Francisco, and sold the tickets for less than ten bucks a show. They could have played in Wembley, sold the tickets for $200, made a DVD, but they didn't. Yeah, Metallica likes publicity usually, but they're not controlled by that.
----
This is my sig, respect it. Please.

CHECK THESE OUT
10.04.2012 - 11:52
Grave Digger
Rage
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter
11.04.2012 - 13:33
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
I recently saw Times of Grace, followed by Shadows Fall, then Chimaira and headlined by Machine Head. That was enjoyable.
----
The sun shines over The Fool...
02.05.2012 - 06:52
Igeldude
I guess you could say these are the best line ups I've ever seen because they were back to back days, and on a weekend too!!!

Saturday: Finnish Metal Tour
Finntroll
Moonsorrow
Swallow the Sun

On a side note there was a high school prom held across the street from the venue. We got horrified stares from them and they couldn't figure out how the parking garage worked.

Sunday: Amon Amarth: North American Tour
Amon Amarth
Eluveitie
Holy Grail

I think it's safe to say that that was the best weekend ever
06.05.2012 - 13:44
Ikuinen
2006 Novembers Doom European tour.

Novembers Doom.
Agalloch.
Saturnus.
Thurisaz.

Some other really good ones include:

2006 Katatonia tour.

Katatonia
Novembre

2006 Before the Dawn tour.
Before the Dawn.
Swallow the Sun
08.05.2012 - 21:51
Truant
Taake
Fleshgod Apocalypse
Sylosis
Vildhjarta
Leprous

----

Kvelertak
Toxic Holocaust
Doomriders
The Secret

----

not so much metal, but...

Clutch
Year Long Disaster
Taint
11.11.2013 - 19:28
Wukk
Good ones I've been to:

Katatonia/Alcest/Junius
Turisas/Chthonic/Kiuas
Gojira/Trepalium/Klone (got there too late for Klone though)
Paradise Lost/Insomnium/Vreid
Threshold/nobody else, just a 2 hour set

I'm not talking about the quality of the concerts themselves, just the quality of the line-up. Of course, they were good, just not all necessarily as good as other concerts not listed here.
----
If you're 666 then I'm 777
http://www.last.fm/user/Joodicator
12.11.2013 - 01:35
Wukk
Written by Guest on 12.11.2013 at 01:26

I am going to kind of cheat here and say that the Katatonia, Insomnium and Swallow The Sun concert I saw in 2007 here in States would have been absolutely perfect if it weren't for Scar Symmetry being thrown into the mix. All three of the aforementioned bands compliment each other so well mood-wise and sonically yet Scar Symmetry are like the antithesis of the gloomy, reflective and gray sound so they threw a hefty wrench into what would have otherwise been a perfect line-up. I had a similar experience with Sentenced, Dark Tranquillity and In Flames because Killswitch Engage was dismally thrown into the fray, haha.

I never thought I'd hear Älvestam-era Scar Symmetry in a line-up being described as a bad thing. But given the mood that the other three bands give off, I'll have to agree with you on that one. No matter how dirty I feel saying it.
----
If you're 666 then I'm 777
http://www.last.fm/user/Joodicator
12.11.2013 - 19:44
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
Back in May:
Katatonia
Opeth

Last Month:
TesseracT
Intronaut
Cult of Luna
Katatonia

I sort of prefer the May lineup, since it's two bands I adore that go with each other perfectly (like chocolate and vanilla), although I liked this newer lineup too. I mean I didn't really care for Intronaut, and Cult of Luna while good, started to really drag on after a while, but it just left a nice atmosphere and the four bands actually compliment each other pretty nicely as well, just these four modern, experimental bands doing their thing on stage was really cool.

I could also mention the one I saw in September (last year) or February, but I didn't stay to see all of the September one (left before the last act, Devin Townsend), and the one I saw in February was mostly just no-name local bands that didn't leave much of an impact except for a few (Through These Gates and Xanthochroid).
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
12.11.2013 - 20:36
Lady GaGa
Account deleted
In 2003;

Cryptopsy (first show reunion with Lord Worm, played the entire None So Vile album + more classics songs)
Cephalic Carnage
Bloodshoteye

I also loved seeing;

Suffocation
Behemoth
Misery Index
Devilinside
07.12.2013 - 00:11
Lady GaGa
Account deleted
Last weekend;

Messe des Morts III

Psaume I

TAAKE (first show in north America)
Horna (first show in Canada)
Throne Of Katarsis (first show in north America)

Psaume II

TSJUDER (first show in Canada in 12 years)
Sargeist (first show in Canada)
Belenos (first show in north America, oldschool-set)

Best show of my life.
07.12.2013 - 00:31
Hellfire Festival in the NEC. Only went for one night, but my word, what a night

Fields Of Nephilim
My Dying Bride
Katatonia
Anathema
Serotonal

I think there was another band as well, because I remember leaving the main hall for about 30 minutes to try another stage because I didn't like them. No idea who it was though.