Metal Storm logo
Impaled

01.08.2006 - 04:23
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
This is a recreation of the Impaled thread from the old forum. Considering no topic on the band exists yet, and since I am a big fan of theirs, I shall take the honors of starting the thread. A quick summary of the band for those who don't know them:

• They play Carcass-style goregrind
  • Their bassist, Ross Sewage, was formerly in Exhumed
  • They formed in Oakland, California in 1995
  • Their landmark album, "Mondo Medicale", was banned in 84 countries (or so the band claims; this is probably just a publicity stunt)

More information, and even MP3s, can be found at their official website.

You know the drill. Just tell us your favorite album, favorite songs, etc. of the band. You can also tell us of their upcoming tours, concerts, album releases, and other events relating to the band. My favorite album from Impaled would, of course, be "Mondo Medicale", and my favorite songs would be 'Dead Inside', 'Operating Theatre', 'We Belong Dead', and 'Rest In Faeces'.
01.08.2006 - 15:48
Ruines
Account deleted
It's not really goregrind. More like death metal with melodic parts and sometimes low guttural vocals.

I really enjoy Mondo Medicale which is the only album i ve heard from them. We Belong Dead is indeed a highlight of the album !
14.08.2006 - 14:50
Vintervarg
Account deleted
Impaled are one of my favorite death/grind/whatever-you-called-their-music bands! They has no bad album, no bad songs. I enjoy they music. Anyway, I like Ghoul much more.

And yeah, the story on "Mondo Medicale" kicks ass! \m/
15.08.2006 - 05:34
soilwork
Account deleted
I like a lot this band, i have yet to hear the last one, just a couple of songs, but they first two albums are great, I think "The dead shall dead remain" could have been a lot better if the production wasn't that bad
06.09.2006 - 00:17
wreath
Account deleted
great band.like them:D mondo medicale would be my fav too
cheked their official site recently.they seem pretty funny hehe
28.05.2007 - 16:19
Infurnace

Impaled is really cool. "Mondo Medicale" is my favourite album. Dead Inside is a masterpiece, oh and btw, Ghoul is great too.
29.05.2007 - 03:52
Stigmatized
I only have "Medical Waste", but it very enjoyable. I've tried to get more material from this band for awhile now but I never can find it when I'm looking for it.
30.05.2007 - 10:14
Stuff1056
Account deleted
Mondo Medicale is all I have but I thoroughly enjoy it from time to time. I don't really hear much grind in their music to be honest, but who cares what genre they are? Also, Impaled has quite possibly made the best music video ever: "Operating Theatre".
31.05.2007 - 02:36
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 30.05.2007 at 10:14

Mondo Medicale is all I have but I thoroughly enjoy it from time to time. I don't really hear much grind in their music to be honest, but who cares what genre they are? Also, Impaled has quite possibly made the best music video ever: "Operating Theatre".

I concur. Their video is just hilarious. Also, I really want to order "Mondo Medicale" off of Amazon, but I doubt my parents will buy it for me due to its graphic album cover.
31.05.2007 - 03:14
Stigmatized
Written by Guest on 31.05.2007 at 02:36

I concur. Their video is just hilarious. Also, I really want to order "Mondo Medicale" off of Amazon, but I doubt my parents will buy it for me due to its graphic album cover.

Are you parents religious or very strict? Or both?
31.05.2007 - 04:17
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Written by Stigmatized on 31.05.2007 at 03:14

Written by Guest on 31.05.2007 at 02:36

Are you parents religious or very strict? Or both?

No, they'd just be grossed out and think that I'm psychotic. My entire family is heathenish (we have never gone to church a day in our lives), but my mother has very high standards of me. She cares a great deal about my well-being, and she doesn't want me to go insane and become a serial killer.
01.06.2007 - 00:57
Stigmatized
Ah I see. Good of her to think that, since it's proven all serial killers listen to metal.
02.06.2007 - 01:35
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Written by Stigmatized on 01.06.2007 at 00:57

Ah I see. Good of her to think that, since it's proven all serial killers listen to metal.

Where did you learn this?! What scientific study proved this?!
02.06.2007 - 18:53
Stigmatized
Written by Guest on 02.06.2007 at 01:35

Oh, it needs no study, it's just too obvious.
02.06.2007 - 19:56
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Written by Stigmatized on 02.06.2007 at 18:53

Written by Guest on 02.06.2007 at 01:35

Oh, it needs no study, it's just too obvious.

Are you joking with me? Please don't joke with me, as I have a hard time telling if someone is joking if the joke is directed at me.
03.06.2007 - 16:07
Stigmatized
Yes, I was joking. I meant nothing by it.
04.06.2007 - 00:01
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Written by Stigmatized on 03.06.2007 at 16:07

Yes, I was joking. I meant nothing by it.

Oh, that's OK. Anyway, I do have their "Mondo Medicale" album burned onto a CD-R from back during the time I used to download all of my music, although I doubt this actually counts as I did not buy the album.
04.06.2007 - 21:14
Herzebeth

To be honest I'm not very into Impaled, I do have their mondo medicale albu, but it's just way to carcass worship, I prefer Exhumed for that matter, Impaled doesn't bore me to death..but sure they bore me

then they did Ghoul and fucking shit I now hate the members of the bands
----
06.11.2007 - 02:16
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Tomorrow (or in the European case, now), Impaled's new album, "The Last Gasp", is set to be released. Here is the track listing:
1. G.O.R.E.
2. Sickness is Health
3. The Visible Man
4. You are the Dead
5. All Gut, No Glory
6. Up the Dose
7. Torture of Duty
8. Masters of Ordure
9. Right to Die
10. Dawn of the Dread
11. The Last Gasp
Personally, I can't wait to get my hands on it, but due to the extreme content of the cover art, I highly doubt my parents will buy it for me, so I'll just wait a month or two and download it off of DC++.
07.11.2007 - 13:00
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Impaled's fourth album, "The Last Gasp", is available for streaming in its entirety on MP3.com at this location. The CD, which was issued in Europe on November 5 via Candlelight and in North America on November 6 through Willowtip, was made available in Mexico and Latin America by EMF Records, featuring liner notes in Spanish and a previously unreleased bonus track.
14.11.2007 - 18:42
evilThrasherella
Account deleted
They are more death metal than anything, so whatever, and they play quite good, an live they rule , I cant believe they banned mondo medicale, I guess just because of the cd art, but ALL the tracks on the album are soooo good, If you like them you should give a try to Ghoul (they are the same members but undercover hehe, and you can see the same style also).
25.12.2007 - 11:38
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
So I just finished listening to their 2002 release, 'Mondo Medicale' and I was kind of surprised how "un" goregrindy it was. I no doubt enjoyed it, a lot actually, but I had always read that they were heavily grind. However, there are some Carcass style elements still within the album, especially the vocals, but the music is largely Death Metal, and executed very nicely at that. Not sure if I liked them as much as Exhumed though. This album would nicely do battle with 'Anatomy is Destiny' I know that, but do they have anything more along the lines of say, 'Gore Metal' I wonder?
----
The force will be with you, always.
30.07.2008 - 21:23
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
I'm giving The Last Gasp a listen at the moment, and i'm enjoying it however it's clearly obvious that they play stuff very similar to Carcass. Still, good stuff, and it's true i would'nt call them goregrind, just good ol' death metal.
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln