Metal Storm logo
Grave Digger - New Guitarist And Album Plans

Original news, posted on 13.01.2010

German metallers Grave Digger have issued the following update:

"An eventful year 2009 lies behind us. It started with the release of the Ballads Of A Hangman album together with the successful European tour. Then the split with Thilo Herrmann (guitar)... Another successful trip to Russia. The festival season in summer with the Rock Harz festival and the Wacken Rocks South. Our first shows in Mexico and then finally Manni Schmidt (guitar) leaving the band, that was a real big shock to us all.

We had already booked some concerts (before) the end of the year and we didn't want to cancel them. So we decided to play the shows with a substitute guitarist. An old friend stepped in: Axel Ritt (Domain. So we had the chance to finish the year in a peaceful way with these concerts. We are glad to announce Axel as the new guitar player of Grave Digger. His playing and his behaviour on and off stage totally convinced us that he is the right man for the job.

We are already in the middle of the songwriting for the new album. In May we will enter the Principal Studios again to record the new material."

UPDATE (thanks to Bad English)

German metallers Grave Digger have issued the following update on their MySpace blog:

"Hi everybody,

Last weekend, we've been at the TLC studio, Cologne /Pulheim to put down the first song ideas of the upcoming album. Holy shit, what a blast! Although we only got the first compositions on the list, you can imagine the direction of the songs. Let's call it typical Grave Digger!

Once again you'll get the full monty, but spiced with some tiny little finesse. After all that stress within the last year, finally we had the chance to leave the ballast behind and rock it off our chest. Axel and Jens put down some awesome riff ideas, which will be hammered to real hot steel within the next 3 months.

At the middle of May, we'll be at the Principal studio once again, let the Resetti Brothers (never change a winning team) produce the new album.

All you fans out there will get what you want us to do and for what you loved and kept faith with us.

According to the motto: "The Clans Will Rise Again"
Metal On.
Chris, Jens, Axel, Stefan and HP."

Source: grave-digger-clan.com
Band profile: Grave Digger
Posted: 03.02.2010 by Overlord_PT

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 10   Visited by: 102 users
13.01.2010 - 15:30
Warman
Erotic Stains
Oh a new album from Grave Digger? I expect something completely new and different, as always.

Not.
----
13.01.2010 - 16:42
YoreLore
I find it ironic that you have bands like Slayer and Ensiferum listed under your favourites and you question Grave Diggers originality lol. I expect the same thing from Grave Digger and I expect to enjoy it as always
----
"I'm rising in power through murdering rain
Stronger than Faith allows
Braver than heroes vows
...My head is bloody
but I am unbowed
I am power..."
13.01.2010 - 21:56
Overlord_PT
To be honest i preferer bands that keep to their roots
14.01.2010 - 00:16
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by YoreLore on 13.01.2010 at 16:42

I find it ironic that you have bands like Slayer and Ensiferum listed under your favourites and you question Grave Diggers originality lol. I expect the same thing from Grave Digger and I expect to enjoy it as always

Hehe, not really bashing them for always sounding the same. It's just to bad that the original sound they have always stuck with sounds like crap.
----
03.02.2010 - 00:26
Number Juan
Nice to see they are still moving forward with the band and are working on new stuff.
----
A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. - Bertrand Russell
03.02.2010 - 00:55
JÄY
Metal slave
Bunch a badasses, these guys
03.02.2010 - 00:56
Symmachus
I like that end greeting where they say "metal on". It probably isn't a big deal, but I felt like commenting on that.
04.02.2010 - 13:45
YoreLore
Written by Warman on 14.01.2010 at 00:16

Written by YoreLore on 13.01.2010 at 16:42

Hehe, not really bashing them for always sounding the same. It's just to bad that the original sound they have always stuck with sounds like crap.

Oh ok your opinion has changed my musicial preference....

Slayer always sound the same and it's always crap in my opinion.
----
"I'm rising in power through murdering rain
Stronger than Faith allows
Braver than heroes vows
...My head is bloody
but I am unbowed
I am power..."
04.02.2010 - 16:02
Warman
Erotic Stains
Love it when people feel offended because I don't like their favourite bands...
----
08.02.2010 - 01:43
Lord_Regnier
It's true that they repeat themselves to death.

But the problem is not that they repeat the same stuff over and over. Problem is they repeat the same mediocre and outdated 80s metal over and over.

And their vocalist sucks. One of the most boring band ever, imo.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"

Hits total: 3116 | This month: 5