Metal Storm logo
Mithras

Original post

Posted by Bas, 17.05.2006 - 15:30
I suppose most people here on metalstorm wont know this band, but if you are a fan of brutal deathmetal you should definately check them out, as they are one of the best bands in this genre,
you can download a few of their songs here:
http://www.mithras.org.uk
27.10.2006 - 14:47
Lucas
Mr. Noise
@Baz,

Ok, it's all fine by me. Have fun!
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
31.10.2006 - 01:54
Baz Anderson

yeh - ive lsitened to the second album now and i really like that as well
i prefer the first like pretty much everyone else, but the second one is well worth lsitening to as well!
31.10.2006 - 14:47
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Well, let me come up with a controversial opinion then.

I like the second one better than the first!

While I rate the first album 'just' far better than average, I think the second is the true masterpiece.
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
01.11.2006 - 00:20
Bas
Retired Staff
in my opinion the second is worse because the production isnt as good as it should be, something with such a spacey atmosphere is best with the best possible production, and unfortunately this cd didnt get any good production at all, if it had it might be better then the first (for me), as it is its great too, but for me it could have been so much better with good production...
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
01.11.2006 - 17:26
Lucas
Mr. Noise
I love the production of the second. I think it really adds to the spacey atmosphere.

*guess you're not trve black fukken metal enough *
----

02.11.2006 - 02:53
Baz Anderson

i have to say i agree with Bas2 - i think the drums and the whole sound of the second album sounds a bit more flat in a way comparing to the first album
on that one the drums are more defined, etc..
i hear them that way anyway..
02.11.2006 - 19:13
Stigmatized
The production of "Worlds Beyond the Veil" sound almost identical to Morbid Angel's "Heretic" to me....
03.11.2006 - 09:55
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Haven't heard Heretic yet. I'll try it out, if you recommend it?
----

03.11.2006 - 19:46
Baz Anderson

well i would recommend any Morbid Angel album
'Heretic' has its fans though, but i think quite a few people think the album kind of falls apart towards the end - and i am one of them (although i do still like the album)

but yeh - thinking about it, 'Worlds Beyond the Veil' does sound quite a bit like 'Heretic'
Morbid Angel was the first thing i thought of when i heard them first time as well - so they must draw a lot of influence from them
14.11.2006 - 20:47
Baz Anderson

i have just added this band to the site! they are now up:

http://www.metalstorm.ee/bands/band.php?band_id=2197
14.11.2006 - 21:29
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Thank you thank you thank you!!!

*dances* *kisses Barry*
----

14.11.2006 - 23:36
Bas
Retired Staff
indeed, thanks very much
----
15.11.2006 - 13:48
Bas
Retired Staff
http://www.metalstorm.ee/pub/review.php?review_id=3489

my review
written and submitted yesterday evening and it's already online /m/
leave your comments there please
----
15.11.2006 - 13:49
Stigmatized
Excellent!!! Mission complete!!
15.11.2006 - 14:40
Baz Anderson

haha, im glad ive made so many people happy
i was listening to 'Worlds Beyond The Veil' while i was getting all the information together yesterday and i probably like it more then when i first heard it now
its just the production that brings it down and makes it sound a bit more flat
i am looking forward to the new album though!
15.11.2006 - 17:25
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Who isn't?

Hehe, hell yeah, mission accomplished! =)
----

15.11.2006 - 17:46
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Lucas on 15.11.2006 at 17:25

Who isn't?

I ain't
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

15.11.2006 - 17:49
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 15.11.2006 at 17:46

Who isn't?

I ain't

Hehe, well ok, I guess not everyone enjoys Mithras as much as we do.

BUT, you do seem to care enough for them to skip by their thread every once in a while.
----

15.11.2006 - 17:52
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Lucas on 15.11.2006 at 17:49

Who isn't?

I ain't

BUT, you do seem to care enough for them to skip by their thread every once in a while.

The reason I check their threads otu once in a while is because I can't understand for the love of God that people find them brilliant and original when IMO they are nothing more than a very very very very average totally unoriginal Morbid Angel rip-off.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

15.11.2006 - 18:00
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Yeah, sure. I don't believe a fuck of it.
Just admit it.

Well, I see. I normally wouldn't do that, because if something is average I don't care. But well, each to his own.
----

15.11.2006 - 19:29
Bas
Retired Staff
Written by Baz Anderson on 15.11.2006 at 14:40

haha, im glad ive made so many people happy
i was listening to 'Worlds Beyond The Veil' while i was getting all the information together yesterday and i probably like it more then when i first heard it now
its just the production that brings it down and makes it sound a bit more flat
i am looking forward to the new album though!

indeed it's really brilliant but the production kinda brings it down, otherwise it'd be much better :/
(i know you disagree Nervel, you dont need to answer )

and yeah i am too, it's coming soon though
...although they already said that over a year ago too... :/
----
15.11.2006 - 19:49
Baz Anderson

haha yeh - it will be interesting to see what kind of style this one goes with too - if it will have the same sound and production as their last album or if it will be more like the first

Ozman: i dont find them really original at all - i know they sound a lot like Morbid Angel but i think they are a very interesting band to listen to. they seem a little more diverse then Morbid Angel to me
15.11.2006 - 19:54
Bas
Retired Staff
i personally hope they go with the guitar sound of Worlds Beyond The Veil but the drumming of Forever Advancing......Legions, that plus awesome production, that would be awesome as hell.

but who knows... all we know till now is some song names (which sound very interesting though ) and a half a minute long keyboard part which plays when entering the site...
----
16.11.2006 - 01:18
Stigmatized
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 15.11.2006 at 17:52

Who isn't?

I ain't

The reason I check their threads otu once in a while is because I can't understand for the love of God that people find them brilliant and original when IMO they are nothing more than a very very very very average totally unoriginal Morbid Angel rip-off.

Well, their second album isn't great, I find it very boring actually. Their first album is pretty brutal though, very good album. I can see what you mean about them sounding like a Morbid Angel clone, their sounds are very similar.
01.03.2007 - 02:24
Bas
Retired Staff
thought i'd update this thread again

for all of you who don't know yet, Behind The Shadows Lies Madness will be released 28th may,

and for all of you who haven't heard it yet: http://www.myspace.com/domainofmithras
you can listen to the song To Where The Sun Never Leaves off the new album... and it's freaking amazing!!!!

i seriously cant wait for this album, it'll be the best album ever
----
01.03.2007 - 03:08
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 15.11.2006 at 17:52

Who isn't?

I ain't

hehe most death metal bands are Morbid Angel rip offs though. I can hardly ever listen to a death metal band right after listening to Morbid Angel because most death metal bands copy them lol.
01.03.2007 - 14:39
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
@Bas - That track on the weblink you sent me was very good indeed. Really liked it, just need to try and find more of their music
----

Hellcunt Smurf
01.03.2007 - 14:56
Sunioj

This band is awesome...Yes, I see some similarities with MA but every band is influenced by another one...I have legions and its a crazy album. Sloping Altars is probably one of the best songs Ive ever heard.
01.03.2007 - 19:47
Bas
Retired Staff
Written by Xtreme Jax on 01.03.2007 at 14:39

@Bas - That track on the weblink you sent me was very good indeed. Really liked it, just need to try and find more of their music

if you want i can send you some more tracks over msn, and then you can buy the new album when it's out, hehe

Written by Sunioj on 01.03.2007 at 14:56

This band is awesome...Yes, I see some similarities with MA but every band is influenced by another one...I have legions and its a crazy album. Sloping Altars is probably one of the best songs Ive ever heard.

seconded
i love every single track (including the instrumentals) on Forever Advancing, but Sloping Altars is my favourite too
----
01.03.2007 - 22:31
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Ok, must say that I got very bored with their albums. (I get bored with a lot of Death Metal nowadays though, so it might not be the case of Mithras solely.)

Anyway, I am doubting if I should buy their album, since I have too many BLACK and FUNERAL DOOM albums to buy.
----