Metal Storm logo
Kekal - Still Disbanded Though Recording New Material

As indecisive as a five-year-old in a toy store, Kekal - the so-called clinically dead metal band from Indonesia - have confirmed a new album is planned for 2010. When avantgarde becomes beyond the grave.

"Good News! Kekal is NOT dead, and it is proven that new songs are currently in the production.

After speculations about the current status of Kekal following the departures of all band members last year, it is confirmed that a new Kekal studio album is planned for 2010.

The new album will be some sort of "collective effort". It means that all 3 former key members (Jeff, Azhar Levi and Leo) have contributed in making "the whole art-form in one package", while not limited only on the music side. Levi is currently making the entire artwork for the album and Jeff is producing the music. Two songs will also have Leo's guitar works.

About the album direction, Jeff told that each song displays its unique character as a balance between electronic and organic elements, rhythm and melody, aggression and atmosphere, simplicity and complexity, beauty and the beast. Confirmed instruments being used on recording are: electric & guitars, drums, samples from field-recordings, theremin, analog synths, vocals, vocoder, and TR-808.

The album will redefine the term "experimental" in its true sense, but yet listeners will find it accessible and digestible.

Kekal is currently looking for a potential record label to release the album on CD and digital later this year. More details including tracklisting and album title will be announced in the coming months.

However, there is no plan for Jeff, Levi and Leo to rejoin Kekal. Kekal will stay memberless."

So what now? Kekal is not dead, but not active either, but somehow you're still active? And the band stays memberless but still the key musicians are working back together on new material under the Kekal moniker? And if you're memberless, who's going to sign the contract of the record deal, huh? What is this? A smart marketing trick for a Zombie Jesus concept album? You're either disbanded or you're not. Make up your mind already. Metal is not a shoe outlet.

Source: kekal.org
Band profile: Kekal
Posted: 13.01.2010 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 14   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 74 users
14.01.2010 - 00:17
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
It's good to hear. Whatever way to make music, that works for them, is the right way to go.
----
Coldgrits
14.01.2010 - 00:23
Promonex
Cathemeral
Wow, this really is getting ridiculous.
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
14.01.2010 - 01:37
bluemobiusx
Account deleted
Looking forward to this! Hopefully they will find a good label to distribute their work.
14.01.2010 - 03:13
Metal Maiden
Megadead
Now that's rich...
14.01.2010 - 04:28
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Retards. theyre still a band if theyre recording new material.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
14.01.2010 - 04:43
Italics

Sorry, i just can't take that band picture seriously...
----
But I Justify My Desire to No One
14.01.2010 - 06:33
bluemobiusx
Account deleted
Written by Italics on 14.01.2010 at 04:43

Sorry, i just can't take that band picture seriously...

Uh...what's wrong with it?
14.01.2010 - 07:00
Symmachus

So, the "former" band members are now making music for Kekal, although they still say that they have all left the band. While the band remains "memberless", music is still being recorded and released? The band isn't really active in the common sense though. Is this like the purgatory of band existence or something? Whatever the case, this seems interesting.
14.01.2010 - 07:19
Ag Fox
Angel No More
I guess they are in coma then...
----
loves 小巫
14.01.2010 - 09:33
insanity.peppers

God that article is written so obnoxiously. Can't speak for everyone, but I come here to read metal news, not metal opinions.
15.01.2010 - 05:11
bluemobiusx
Account deleted
Written by insanity.peppers on 14.01.2010 at 09:33

God that article is written so obnoxiously. Can't speak for everyone, but I come here to read metal news, not metal opinions.

Yeah, I also thought Thryce took it a little too far. He could save his opinions for the comment section or forum.
15.01.2010 - 10:18
DahliaRock

Written by Guest on 15.01.2010 at 05:11

Written by insanity.peppers on 14.01.2010 at 09:33

Yeah, I also thought Thryce took it a little too far. He could save his opinions for the comment section or forum.

Agreed.. As ridiculous as this whole band/not=band situation is, the news turned into a useless blabber at the end
15.01.2010 - 16:56
Thryce
Retired Staff
Objections noted.

No matter how ridiculous the content of the news, it still is strictly serious business of course.
----
Your favorite band sucks.
08.06.2012 - 17:38
3plezer0

Actually ex-members Jeff and Levi did some interviews explaining the whole situation (about Kekal being memberless), and to me it just makes sense. It's not part of the 'sensational' news, as Kekal is still fairly unknown (or even obscure) by today's standards of band popularity.
There's an interview they did for Metal Hammer Germany back in 2011, that could explain the situation http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150394985404763

And Kekal will have another album out this year, called "Autonomy", but still memberless.

Hits total: 2855 | This month: 3