Metal Storm logo
Children Of Bodom - Enter The Studio

Original news, published on 15.01.2010

In an interview with Noisecreep, Children Of Bodom frontman Alexi Laiho, told that the band is in the process of writing new material for their upcoming album, scheduled to be released in late 2010/early 2011.

"We're gonna start writing music and hopefully we'll be able to take some time so we can come up with some really cool songs. I already have a bunch of new riffs that I'm happy with, so hopefully we'll just keep being productive."

Children of Bodom have studio time booked for early summer, which should give them at least five months to write the new material. "We're doing three shows in Finland in April, but other than that we're just going to be working really hard, so there won't be much happening until we're done with the record," Laiho further adds.

UPDATE (thanks to Windrider)

Official press release

Children Of Bodom, the esteemed Finnish Heavy Metal band that features frontman and modern day guitar hero Alexi Laiho has entered Hollola, Finland's Petrax Studios to begin work on its as-yet-untitled seventh studio album. Children Of Bodom has enlisted famed rock producer Matt Hyde (Slayer, Monster Magnet) to oversee the new recording and will remain in the studio through late September.

"We're very excited to let everyone hear what we're creating with this new record," said the band in a statement. "Everything you love about Children Of Bodom has been magnified tenfold and we're pushing ourselves harder than ever before. Expect nothing less than the perfect storm!"

Source: myspace.com
Band profile: Children Of Bodom
Posted: 21.08.2010 by T0w4rdsD34d3nd

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 54   [ 3 ignored ]   Visited by: 407 users
14.02.2010 - 00:29
His Eminence
Account deleted
I'm not expecting much from them anymore. Are You Dead Yet and Blooddrunk were average at best. Alexi won't be giving us any more albums like Follow the Reaper.
21.08.2010 - 17:58
Got Mayhem?

Everything you love about Children Of Bodom has been magnified tenfold

And with that statement, Laiho has surely secured the Letdown of '11.
----
21.08.2010 - 18:06
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Got Mayhem? on 21.08.2010 at 17:58

Everything you love about Children Of Bodom has been magnified tenfold

And with that statement, Laiho has surely secured the Letdown of '11.

Most certainly.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
21.08.2010 - 18:14
Gory Sid

Yaah man i hope another hatebreeder album not blooddrunk bullshit:beer2:
----
YO I HATE EVERYTHING EXCEPT METAL. thank u
21.08.2010 - 19:15
RavenKing

Written by erykk on 15.01.2010 at 19:24

No other Blooddrunk please

Yeah, spare us another atrocity of that kind. But I don't have any hope for this album as, imo, only their first 3 albums are listenable and the rest is pure shit.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
21.08.2010 - 21:31
jadawal

Most of the commenters here are 6 or 7 years behind, I would say bodom has already sold out since thrashed, maybe even hate crew deathroll, they are nothing what they used to be. But it's all a matter of taste.
21.08.2010 - 23:17
sbgmetal

I agree with most ppl i hope they go back to the style they had on the first 3 albums... my personal fav being Hatebreeder
22.08.2010 - 00:14
selken
Irreligious
Their music has turned to the wrong side since "dead yet" even for the mainstream... they don't announce a significant change, so a natural evolution for bloodrunk will come out...
----
22.08.2010 - 02:12
Rozz

I want old school bodom back like sotmhing wild all the way up to follow the reaper or even hate crew
22.08.2010 - 02:53
hanna of steel
Poison Girl
Why does everyone seem to want them to go backwards ?

How about something new and different for a change....
----
Hell is other people - Jean-Paul Sartre
22.08.2010 - 03:25
RavenKing

Written by hanna of steel on 22.08.2010 at 02:53

Why does everyone seem to want them to go backwards ?

Because if they follow on Bloodrunk's direction, it can only end up as crap.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
22.08.2010 - 10:09
Cyroth

Written by Guest on 15.01.2010 at 23:57

Lemme guess.....they drank out all their millions and now they wanna create another shit-fest album catered for 12 year olds. At least they now know their demographic...

It's not good to generalize all the time,I for one like them from 17 years,so I'm nowhere your 12 year old statement
----
22.08.2010 - 10:26
Cyroth

Written by Metal Maiden on 16.01.2010 at 01:11

The last one was a HUGE improvement over Are You Deaf Yet (speaking of which, could someone explain to me why would they want to come back to their greatest failure...), so the fanboy in me still has faith in them, for the time being...Of course, a return to the older sound would be too much to ask...right...

Other than Blooddrunk,Smile pretty for the devil and Hellhounds on my trail the album Blooddrunk is mediocre...at least AYDY has more acceptable songs
----
22.08.2010 - 11:25
vezzy
Stallmanite
Hell no, the title track sucked.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
22.08.2010 - 14:16
Paradox0
Unasuming Madnes
I think a certain producer is gonna shot himself in the head with a magnum after trying to lead drunk Alexi to do anything...
22.08.2010 - 17:32
Eddie Misery

So...keyboard solos will come back? Like...keyboard/guitar battles all over the new cd?? Not likely..that would be amazing though. Something to take us back to Follow the Reaper, even Hatecrew Deathroll, and before. I understand that bands evolve and the music does too, and there's nothing wrong with trying new things and taking different directions. It's not like I want a "repeat" of said previous albums. Just something in the same vein. I miss all the epicness. Something with that same attitude, similar composition, and KEYBOARD solos....last few times I saw CoB, Janne looked so profoundly bored. :/ Before when I saw them live, he and Alexi were all up in eachothers faces soloing and shit.
22.08.2010 - 20:49
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Im expecting another shit album. But of course the day it leaks the web ill get all fanboy and download and listen immediatly just because i always have a shred of hope for it being good. And of course a half hour later ill be dissapointed once again..
----
pewpew.. gotcha
23.08.2010 - 06:52
CreeperDeath

Written by AngelofDeth on 22.08.2010 at 20:49

Im expecting another shit album. But of course the day it leaks the web ill get all fanboy and download and listen immediatly just because i always have a shred of hope for it being good. And of course a half hour later ill be dissapointed once again..

+ 10 reputation
23.08.2010 - 09:25
amir mestiri

Keep going guys we just love you!!
23.08.2010 - 13:33
Svneatr
Vitharr
I'm always amazed at why bands sellout, then don't go back to their original sound. Nobody prefers their sellout sound to their original (which is confusing as sellout means buying in to a popular sound to get MORE listeners). So why does it make sense to keep making them? Why is it the shitty albums that attract attention? If everyone prefers their old sound wouldn't not selling out, essentially BE selling out?

All I can do is hope that they make a good album. Doesn't nessessarily have to sound like FTR or Hatebreeder, but something decent.
23.08.2010 - 14:39
Aetherius

I hope it will be good as well!
23.08.2010 - 18:39
RhaegarTargaryen
Telcontar
I have a strong feeling based on "Blooddrunk" and producer choice, that it will be another epic fail from my once favorite band .. but let's hope I'm wrong ...

P.S. Face it. they got a huge fanbase in North America thanks to Blooddrunk and AYDY? ...
----
... For years I have traveled in coldness,
But my heart is warm as the darkened sun above me...
Nothing can never take away
What I've seen with these tired eyes
25.08.2010 - 18:11
amarchand

The question that keeps coming back to me is this: why won't they listen to the FANS, whom they profess to love more than anybody else? I'm not talking about the 12 year olds who listen to the newer material, but the fans who've been with them since the beginning. They'd see very quickly that a little more effort is needed if they're going to please any of us. Alternately, they could be completely oblivious and write more of the same shit just to make massive sales to fund their drinking orgies. I think we know which is eminent..
27.08.2010 - 01:44
deathbomb

I agree with u guys their old stuff is much better but their new stuff is still good. however my favorite album will always be hatebreeder:metal:

Hits total: 6427 | This month: 13