03. Corpsefiend
04. Lacerated Mastarbation
05. Masticate To Dominate
06. Charred Vaginal Effluence
07. Repulsive Cuntortion
08. Concubine Of Despise
09. Seminal Embalment
10. Deadfuck

And I just keep finding good Brutal bands, first CBT, then Torsofuck and Severe Torture, now Gorgasm. This recently achieved album differs from the first ones I just mentioned, Gorgasm plays Brutal Death Metal, Torsofuck and CBT are Goregrind bands, but still this release is actually very interesting, maybe the best thing I've found lately, here's why?

The music is really tight, I've heard many Brutal Death Metal bands, but Gorgasm sounds somehow different; most tracks are structured in blast beats and fast riffs as usual, but there's this "extra" bits towards the music, things like pauses, bridges, breakdowns and some other things, that is what makes me feel pleased about getting this album; ok, it's not really as brutal as many people think it is (the vocals do not help at all, quite average actually), but still the music is wonderful and fascinating when it comes to execution or tightness.

You will find interesting approaches in many tunes, for example "Masticate To Dominate" which is a blasting track filled with brutality and even some Groove bits (something like early Dying Fetus); in fact, the album as a whole, sounds a lot like Cannibal Corpse meets Suffocation; we have the riffing and lyrics of Cannibal Corpse, but then we have the drumming and originality from Suffocation., so in the end it's a good fusion between regular Death Metal and Brutal Death Metal, quite interesting actually.

I'm thirsty for more, and the album sucked in that point, you see? I'm not satisfied with the ending, I wanted more Brutality, more variations, more of?whatever, and Gorgasm did not supply me with those "Fuck that shit was Awesome" bits. This album is worth to listen, but that's it, "Masticate To Dominate" is perfect for the beginners, in fact I highly recommend this album to all the people getting into Brutal Death Metal. Now, if you are looking for something out of this planet, something you haven't heard before, just skip this release.

Written by Herzebeth | 17.09.2005

Comments

Comments: 2   Visited by: 22 users
15.01.2010 - 20:20
Scheff

This is not by any means a beginner DM Band. These guys were the tightest out of everything ive seen live. And there Sick and twisted Dripping Lyrics came from the heart when they sang. For an underground DM band they did an Awesome job holding up the Weakening Chicago Scene in the Early 2000's They sound like Cannibal Corpse sped up. Also check out there first album Stabwound Intercourse. (1998)
16.01.2010 - 13:52
Rating: 9
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
hmm... why compare Torsofuck and CBT if they're different genres? You said this Gorgasm album is more interesting but, if I remember correctly, you gave it a lower rating than Torsofuck. I'm also confused because the the last song of the album is one of my favorites, but you said you were hoping for it to end more "brutalally". This is one of the best modern-day brutal death metal albums, and comparing it to CBT is just weird.

Hits total: 4530 | This month: 13