Metal Storm logo
Avantasia - More Album Details Revealed

Original news, posted on 16.01.2010

More details are surfacing regarding the upcoming Avantasia double album The Wicked Symphony / Angel Of Babylon. The album will see a April 3, 2010 release date, and will be released as two separate albums, as well as in one box set as limited deluxe edition. Cover artwork for both albums was created by Thomas Ewerhard - known from his work for Edguy's Hellfire Club and Avantasia's The Scarecrow.

A list of confirmed guest musicians is shaping up as follows:

• Klaus Meine ( Scorpions)
  • Tim "Ripper" Owens ( Judas Priest, Yngwie Malmsteen, Iced Earth)
  • Eric Singer ( KISS, Alice Cooper)
  • Michael Kiske ( Helloween)
  • Jorn Lande ( Masterplan, Ark, Millenium)
  • Bob Catley ( Magnum)
  • Sascha Paeth
  • Felix Bohnke ( Edguy)
  • Alex Holzwarth ( Rhapsody Of Fire, Sieges Even)
  • Russell Allen ( Symphony X)
  • Jens Johansson ( Stratovarius, Dio, Yngwie Malmsteen)
  • André Matos ( Angra, Shaaman, Viper)
  • Bruce Kulick ( KISS, Grand Funk Railroad)
  • Cloudy Yang
  • Oliver Hartmann ( At Vance, Hartmann)

UPDATE (thanks to Kallis Helmi)

On April 3, Avantasia will return with a new epic in two chapters, The Wicked Symphony and Angel Of Babylon. The tracklistings for each album are as follows:

The Wicked Symphony [cover art] tracklist:

01. The Wicked Symphony
    02. Wastelands
    03. Scales Of Justice
    04. Dying For An Angel
    05. Blizzard On a Broken Mirror
    06. Runaway Train
    07. Crestfallen
    08. Forever Is A Long Time
    09. Black Wings
    10. States Of Matter
    11. The Edge

Angel Of Babylon [cover art] tracklist:

01. Angel Of Babylon
    02. Stargazers
    03. Your Love Is Evil
    04. Death Is Just A Feeling
    05. Rat Race
    06. Down In The Dark
    07. Blowing Out The Flame
    08. Symphony Of Life
    09. Alone I Remember
    10. Promised Land (Part 2)
    11. Journey To Arcadia

Source: tobiassammet.com
    Band profile: Avantasia
  • Posted: 08.02.2010 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
    Comments: 36   [ 3 ignored ]   Visited by: 312 users
    16.01.2010 - 13:52
    DBrave

Great, fantastic crossover from Scarecrow cover to Wicked Symphony one...
    We need better res pictures, but I'm very satisfied with artwork...
    16.01.2010 - 16:03
    Wes

My god I can't wait, yessss made my lonely night in Tokyo.
    16.01.2010 - 16:42
    juanopereira

The two covers are amazing and the list of guest musisians looks promissing.
    16.01.2010 - 17:08
    Nimlot
    A. Reader
    Jorn and Ripper Owens in one album, hope they duo in a song.
    16.01.2010 - 17:37
    iMorphball

Still another musician to be announced! The list is very promising!
    16.01.2010 - 18:13
    Keitaro333

Great lineup but where are the chicks? Tobias should get some D= Or simply Floor Jansen would be enough =D
    16.01.2010 - 19:15
    FeskarN

The cover artworks looks great.
    ----
    The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!
    16.01.2010 - 19:25
    alejandreti

Yeah!!! that work sounds great, there are a lot of good musicians from differents famous bands, only we have to wait....
    tobbias sammet congratulations
    16.01.2010 - 19:45
    Constantine

Hell, this goona be just ... Cant wait, at short
    16.01.2010 - 20:31
    Symmachus

This is the first time that I have seen a 2-CD set or albums referred to as a box set.
    16.01.2010 - 20:34
    selken
    Irreligious
    LOL, Kiske
    ----
    16.01.2010 - 20:48
    Ellrohir
    Heaven Knight
    I am very interested
    ----
    My rest seems now calm and deep
    Finally I got my dead man sleep

16.01.2010 - 20:58
    erykk

Wow. Michael Kiske, Andre Matos & Jorn Lande. I hope they do a song together. Awesome!!
    ----
    Open your eyes
    17.01.2010 - 09:14
    Daggon
    Underpaid M.D.
    Seems cool. I hope they tour again when they release the new album.
    ----
    "Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
    17.01.2010 - 14:49
    Enissa

The covers look great, so the lineup, but Tobias really needs to get some female singers>>>
    17.01.2010 - 19:00
    GT
    Coffee!!
    Nice covers indeed. Don't really know what to expect of the music
    ----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
    18.01.2010 - 15:33
    DreamNightmare

All looking great! the last one was much different to the metal opera but still amazing and i loved it. can't wait to see what Tobi's come up with this time
    08.02.2010 - 23:40
    Fat & Sassy!

Two separate albums? What a fucking obvious way to milk money out of consumers. >:/ Fuck this. Ayreon albums are double LP's, but come in one fucking package at a normal price.
    08.02.2010 - 23:42
    JÄY
    Metal slave
    Well, i hope its loads better than the scarecrow
    and whats with those tiny pics?
    09.02.2010 - 00:42
    Carloz

I hope Tobi spares us some "Carry me over" cheesiness this time, and returns to the first Avantasia style... Though it has to be said, Scarecrow had some very good songs, so I'm eagerly waiting
    09.02.2010 - 01:02
    iMorphball

I was the one who posted the Tracklists on the Album pages themselves.
    09.02.2010 - 01:23
    iMorphball

Written by Fat & Sassy! on 08.02.2010 at 23:40

Two separate albums? What a fucking obvious way to milk money out of consumers. >:/ Fuck this. Ayreon albums are double LP's, but come in one fucking package at a normal price.

Milk money? Well, I think they'd rather try and get as much money as possible from CD sales, considering total sales will probably be extremely low due to the amount of Downloading people do these days.

And, it only makes sense that two different albums are released as two different albums, with two price tags, and one together. Were The Metal Opera parts 1 and 2 released at the same time, it would've been the same situation.
    09.02.2010 - 09:06
    corrupt
    With a lowercase c
    Written by iMorphball on 09.02.2010 at 01:23

Milk money? Well, I think they'd rather try and get as much money as possible from CD sales, considering total sales will probably be extremely low due to the amount of Downloading people do these days.

And who can blame them considering today's CD prices and and the fact that you buy a pig in a poke everytime you don't know the album in advance. Man was I disappointed when I bought The Scarecrow. ( I only did it because Tobias was signing CD's at the record store that day anyway, anyone interested in a signed Scarecrow? ). The fact that many people download today is mostly the the artist's and maybe to some extend the record companies fault. If they were more careful about what to actually release (quality-wise), one could more easily buy something just for having heard about it (or for liking the cover, which I admit I did once or twice). But this project reeks of being a money-well and I blame nobody who's suspicious of that.
    ----
    09.02.2010 - 19:43
    iMorphball

Written by corrupt on 09.02.2010 at 09:06

And who can blame them considering today's CD prices and and the fact that you buy a pig in a poke everytime you don't know the album in advance. Man was I disappointed when I bought The Scarecrow. ( I only did it because Tobias was signing CD's at the record store that day anyway, anyone interested in a signed Scarecrow? ). The fact that many people download today is mostly the the artist's and maybe to some extend the record companies fault. If they were more careful about what to actually release (quality-wise), one could more easily buy something just for having heard about it (or for liking the cover, which I admit I did once or twice). But this project reeks of being a money-well and I blame nobody who's suspicious of that.

No thanks for your offer I already have my signed Scarecrow CD

I understand where you're coming from, but, when it comes to the quality concern, that's why there are services on the internet such as Amazon, even the iTunes store. That's also why bands release EP's and etc. They're more or less a preview of what you'll see on the album, so if you're disappointed with that, I wouldn't think the album would be any better.
    09.02.2010 - 21:48
    Fat & Sassy!

And, it only makes sense that two different albums are released as two different albums, with two price tags, and one together. Were The Metal Opera parts 1 and 2 released at the same time, it would've been the same situation.

I'm sorry, but I don't think the successful musicians behind these albums are in dire need of more money than they will make with this album (or albumS, I guess). EPECIALLY Tobias Sammet. Really, that's just a poor excuse to rip off their fanbase that actually buys albums. :l Also, the fact that Arjen Lucassen's Ayreon albums are released with 100+ minutes around the same price of a single LP just negates your point of it being "necessary". This is just pure bullshit either way you look at it. :/
    09.02.2010 - 23:43
    4look4rd
    The Sasquatch
    Written by selken on 16.01.2010 at 20:34

LOL, Kiske

Haha that was my first reaction as well...

"I hate metal and I don't want to ever be associated with it! But I will, of course, be in every single Avantasia album!"
    ----
    10.02.2010 - 05:10
    iMorphball

Written by Fat & Sassy! on 09.02.2010 at 21:48

I'm sorry, but I don't think the successful musicians behind these albums are in dire need of more money than they will make with this album (or albumS, I guess). EPECIALLY Tobias Sammet. Really, that's just a poor excuse to rip off their fanbase that actually buys albums. :l Also, the fact that Arjen Lucassen's Ayreon albums are released with 100+ minutes around the same price of a single LP just negates your point of it being "necessary". This is just pure bullshit either way you look at it. :/

You'd be surprised how much money these musicians actually need. Let's not forget that Tobi's spent a lot of money on the production of this album, so album sales help bring that back.

And, I really don't care if Ayreon albums have 100+ minutes for the single price of a single LP, because I'm not much of a Lucassent fan, nor his music. That's in my opinion of course.

I'll be buying both albums in the box set.

Can't wait.
    10.02.2010 - 07:47
    Fat & Sassy!

Written by iMorphball on 10.02.2010 at 05:10

You'd be surprised how much money these musicians actually need. Let's not forget that Tobi's spent a lot of money on the production of this album, so album sales help bring that back.

And, I really don't care if Ayreon albums have 100+ minutes for the single price of a single LP, because I'm not much of a Lucassent fan, nor his music. That's in my opinion of course.

I am fairly surprised that you are still defending this scam, and your opinion of Ayreon has nothing to do with this argument either. :l But whatever. I just take this stuff to heart, because this really brings into question one's integrity... Whether it be Tobi or the record label. That's all. Loyalty to fans/consumers > Cheap ways of making more money... Or that's how it should be.
    10.02.2010 - 14:26
    iMorphball

Written by Fat & Sassy! on 10.02.2010 at 07:47

Written by iMorphball on 10.02.2010 at 05:10

I am fairly surprised that you are still defending this scam, and your opinion of Ayreon has nothing to do with this argument either. :l But whatever. I just take this stuff to heart, because this really brings into question one's integrity... Whether it be Tobi or the record label. That's all. Loyalty to fans/consumers > Cheap ways of making more money... Or that's how it should be.

I can accept your opinions of course, but, how is Tobi not being loyal to his fans? He's releasing TWO albums rather than one, and let's not forget that there were only supposed to be two Avantasia albums, and then Tobi would be done with it (Metal Opera's). I think Tobi is being pretty damn loyal to us fans over here. I'm not seeing how it's a "cheap way of making more money" when like I said before, Tobi's spent probably tens of thousands of dollars creating these albums for OUR ears. Honestly, a 20$ price tag for one album is not bad at all. The box set will be 50$ at most, and we still don't know what else will be included in it. It's really not a gyp whatsoever.
    10.02.2010 - 15:25
    Lord_Regnier

Written by iMorphball on 10.02.2010 at 14:26

I can accept your opinions of course, but, how is Tobi not being loyal to his fans? He's releasing TWO albums rather than one, and let's not forget that there were only supposed to be two Avantasia albums, and then Tobi would be done with it (Metal Opera's). I think Tobi is being pretty damn loyal to us fans over here. I'm not seeing how it's a "cheap way of making more money" when like I said before, Tobi's spent probably tens of thousands of dollars creating these albums for OUR ears. Honestly, a 20$ price tag for one album is not bad at all. The box set will be 50$ at most, and we still don't know what else will be included in it. It's really not a gyp whatsoever.

There were supposed to be only two Avantasia albums and it should have stayed like that.
    All sammet did with "The Scarecrow" is using the name to make more money with shitty cock rock for girls that has nothing to do with the original Avantasia.

Honest of him? Fuck off. The honest way to do it would have been to release this commercial crap under another name.
    ----
    "Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"

Hits total: 5739 | This month: 18