7.3 | 100 votes |
Release date: 5 February 2010
Style: Melodic death metal, Technical death metal

Owners:

141 have it
18 want it

01. Forced To Rock
02. A March For The Sick
03. From Soulless To Shattered (Art In Dying)
04. Beyond Forlorn
05. The Ten Of Swords
06. Closer To Cold
07. Sick Perfection
08. Half Past Corpse O'Clock
09. Escape Artist
10. Sable Rising
11. A Pound Of Flesh (For The Hell Of It) [bonus]
12. The Lake [King Diamond cover] [bonus]

Additional info
The album was recorded at Planet Z Studios in Hadley, Massachusetts with producer Chris "Zeuss" Harris.

Found in 5 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 15   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 328 users
23.01.2010 - 21:42
dunskii

This album is very good, i was very lucky to go see them on tour with Arch Enemy and Exodus and got the last copy of this album and got it signed... Its a very good album, i dont think its as good as their first but its still up there
05.02.2010 - 01:43
Rating: 7
MIXHELL

I don't know..for me We Are The Nightmare is better...more real death metal, and more more technical then the newest. It's not real Arsis. So....the oldest albums are better because they are pure technical death and arsis fans want this =]
05.02.2010 - 15:55
Rating: 8
Infidel
Child of Hell
Agree with MinaJunior...previous album is the best what they've done so far but when I was listening this new album for the first time and the first song (Forced To Rock) began my face was just like "oh my god"...fantastic guitar (solo, harmonics, everything) so here is my result: this album is a little bit worse but still too good to debate about their quality
08.02.2010 - 07:56
Rating: 5
bloodwrage
Pagan Angel
Pretty decent album, only listened through about once. Hoping to get more into it.
24.02.2010 - 05:54
munson

I think this album is a great mix between old and new Arsis styles, but it's not on par with previous albums. Still lots of great solos and riffs (the Arsis specialty). A great album by most bands, a par album by Arsis.

I can't help but think that putting this album out so soon after We are the Nightmare hurt it slightly. Regardless, I'm already anxiously awaiting another Arsis release.

On a separate, somewhat related note, the red vinyl looks like a pool of blood on my record player, which is fucking badass.
24.02.2010 - 11:32
MeTalRea|istiK

Weak.we are the nightmare is more worth listen to but still the riffing and solos make me want to finish the whole album.fav track:forced to rock
24.02.2010 - 13:21
I_Die_Often

Got mine at the Arch Enemy show also, pretty generic I think, but very listenable.
----
Old enough to be your Daddy... speaking of which... you look familiar... do I know your mother???
26.02.2010 - 01:41
bluemobiusx
Account deleted
I like it better than We are the Nightmare. That album was just full of technical stuff that didn't amount to much quallity song writing. I feel more emotion and depth from the new album.
27.02.2010 - 18:01
paulo figueiredo
Account deleted
I'm sorry but this album is very weak. The only song i enjoyed was "Half Past Corpse O'Clock". After seing their promo video for "Forced To Rock" it didn't help a bit...
04.03.2010 - 21:36
Rating: 6
varaki

Written by MIXHELL on 05.02.2010 at 01:43

I don't know..for me We Are The Nightmare is better...more real death metal, and more more technical then the newest. It's not real Arsis. So....the oldest albums are better because they are pure technical death and arsis fans want this =]

Agreed
----
Oh, yeah, I'm not respectable, and never sensible,
maybe incredible so damn irascible and I like the things I do so hooray for me
25.03.2010 - 02:11
Rating: 10
Vathek

Starve for the Devil KILLS. Loving it. I see the point of others saying it's not as full on death metal as "We Are the Nightmare", but all the elements that made me love Nightmare are present here, just with a bit more rock... Being into a range of musics, I pretty much judge each album on its individual merits, and there are definately enough mindfuck riffs and insane drumming to keep me very happy, and of course the madness of the progressions. I loved the video clip, but then again brutality and laughter go hand in hand for me.... Nothing funnier than baptising a dead nun in baby's blood...

Rating - 9.5
----
"Nothing is Real. Everything is Permitted."
07.07.2010 - 19:55
qlacs
"The Quaker"
To me this album is a joke after the first 3 albums.
----
28.03.2011 - 18:37
Rating: 9
Guib
Thrash Talker
O.o I heard all of them I don't see a bit of joke in this album SURE its ultra Melodic
BUT WTF... Its pure greatness, sure its all a matter of musical opinions, but only because its unlike the others
doesn't mean its not good give it few listen plz.

The Art Of Self Denial
A Bloody Hangman's Trial
All Ways To Praise The Work Of The

ESCAPE ARTIST
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
02.07.2011 - 02:59
ApotheoSystem

They're great musician...
technically good music in this album....
04.12.2012 - 06:50
JÄY
Metal slave
Cool extreme power metal album

Hits total: 9916 | This month: 5