Germany, Balingen - Coronatus

Bands

Who was there?

albatros 100%

Comments

Comments: 1   Visited by: 3 users
17.01.2010 - 03:53
albatros

I saw almost the full set of the support band Crystal Crow. They play dark melodic metal, often with a slow stomping groove. Not really my thing, but the singer was versatile with shrieks, shouts and a very enjoyable clear voice. Their last song was really god - very atmospheric.

The concert took place in a dark small cellar bar in Balingen near Stuttgart in South Germany. Rain fell on frozen ground during the night, which probably deterred a couple more people, but anyway I learned in recent years that obviously entertainment in Germany's rural areas must be so splendid that nobody goes to a metal concert for 6 Euro. I counted between 10 and 20 people of which many I suspect to have appeared on a guestlist.

Anyway, Lisa Lasch, the new Co singer, was reported sick and so I saw a smiling Ada Flechtner taking her old place again, which was no small feat, since as far as I reckon she wasn't familiar with all the new songs. Therefore she used a music stand with some helpful booklet on it, which is not a frequent sight in metal. Carmen Lorch was in good shape and the two ladies worked excellent together. The drummer and bass player contributed solos for the benefit of the singers voices. The songs from the new CD are heavy and complex, but worked live very well. I enjoyed the Coronatus set, although two of my favourites were missing, namely Hot And Cold and Strahlendster Erster. Kristallklares Wasser was a very enjoyable signature highlight from the new CD. The band proved to be very professional with regard to the minuscule crowd. I just can encourage anybody who enjoys soprano voices in metal to check out this band.

Hits total: 1358 | This month: 16