Metal Storm logo
Brutal Death Metal

17.05.2006 - 15:35
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
since a short while i have found a liking for brutal deathmetal, preferably with very fast drumming,
till now i have heard: Deicide, Kataklysm, Nile, Krisiun, Cryptopsy and Mithras, and i like all of them alot,

what else can you recommend me from this genre?
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
17.05.2006 - 18:56
Sunioj
Vomitory is great, GREAT songs, listen to the album chaos fury.
17.05.2006 - 19:04
KryptoN
imperceptible
Try bands called "Scrambled Defuncts" and "Abysmal Torment". I recently found out about these bands and I'm liking them.
17.05.2006 - 21:36
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Dunno if they actually belong to the BDM genre, but I think (hope ) you will like Behemoth. How predictable.

At least they have very fast drumming.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
17.05.2006 - 22:35
Immortal Plague
Bloodshedder
Mabey uhh Vital Remains, Decapitated, Dying Fetus, Cannibal Corpse, Morbid Angel, Deeds Of Flesh, Devourment, their all great bands, around the Brutal Death Metal area, im sure you will enjoy them all.

All bands have great drummers and are amazing on behalf of drumming
19.05.2006 - 13:36
Deadsoulman
Elite
If you want very fast drumming, just check Benighted (the last album, Identisick, is fuckin brutal AND original, maybe the best DM release of the year so far for me), Prostitute Disfigurement and Hate Eternal.
19.05.2006 - 13:52
__Az__
Written by Deadsoulman on 19.05.2006 at 13:36

If you want very fast drumming, just check Benighted (the last album, Identisick, is fuckin brutal AND original, maybe the best DM release of the year so far for me), Prostitute Disfigurement and Hate Eternal.

Yeh, Benighted are really good... Definatly worth a listen...
19.05.2006 - 22:15
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
Written by Immortal Plague on 17.05.2006 at 22:35

Mabey uhh Vital Remains

yes i didnt add them in the list because i only had one song by them, by now i have their whole album dechristianize (thanks Ace) and i must say it's really awesome, amazin band, at the same time extremely brutal and extremely beautiful, a must listen for everyone else here aswell
----
20.05.2006 - 04:42
Immortal Plague
Bloodshedder
Some Other bands aswell are Vomitory, Vomit Remnants, Zyklon, Spawn Of Possession, Angel Corpse, Ultra Vomit, try some of those bands aswell, some of them are not exactly Death Metal but im sure you will like those bands.
20.05.2006 - 07:13
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
If you're looking for brutal death metal, start off with Suffocation and Immolation. They created the brutal death metal genre, and they are responsible for me getting into brutal death metal in the first place. The albums I would recommend from them are "Harnessing Ruin" (Immolation) and "Pierced From Within" (Suffocation). Other brutal death metal bands I recommend are Deeds Of Flesh, Dying Fetus, Hate Eternal, and Incantation.
20.05.2006 - 07:49
Herzebeth
lol...most bands mentioned here are NOT Brutal Death Metal...

follow Insineratehymn's recommendations though, but also try Efiggy...by Suffocation, that's way better than Pierced From Within...well, Dying Fetus and Hate Eternal are NOT Brutal death metal just so you know...but the first ones mentioned by him are great

now, about more Brutal Death bads... try Emeth from Belgium, those guys are insane and know how to write BDM correctly, some dude said Benighted right? YES Benighted is a great band...

you can also try awesome bands like Beheade from Malta or Mortal Decay from USA, those bands impressed me the first time I heard their music...

another MUST is Devourment...Molesting The Decapitated is one of the best albums ever in Brutal Death Metal for sure..believe me
----
21.05.2006 - 09:47
Laevos
Account deleted
Let me see... try Dying Fetus, Cattle Decapitation... you should try some grindcore bands too. From those I suggest Regurgitate and old Carcass.
21.05.2006 - 14:00
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
Written by Herzebeth on 20.05.2006 at 07:49

lol...most bands mentioned here are NOT Brutal Death Metal...

Totally agree. Immolation, Behemoth, Cannibal Corpse, Benighted and the likes are in no way brutal death metal. But you should definately check these bands out if you happened to like Dechristianize.

I don't like this genre too much, because when I was interested in it a long time ago, the more bands I seemed to encounter, the more generic this genre became to me. But there are a few gems worth mentioning here. Intestine Baalism are one. They play a very interesting mix of Melodic Death metal and Brutal Death metal. Very catchy(overwhelmingly so for this genre maybe), and quite brutal, they're a topic of debate in terms of genre classification. You (being a Melodic metal fan) should check em out.
Next - Saprogenic. They recently came out with their second album Ichneumonid and I LOVED it. Both the albums they've released are awesome. Crunchy tone, brutal and fast drumming, with gut wrenching vocals.
Another unique Brutal DM band I happened to find were Deep Red. Their album Prophetic Lustre is a damn good album, IMO atleast.
And lastly, for today atleast, a good band to get into BDM are Hibernus Mortis. They have one album (i think) called, The Breeding Of Unembodied Impurity, and it has some very groovy, headbangable, yet very brutal riffing.

Try out the bands in order of placement (IB first)
----
"You're all the same, the lot of you, with your long hair and faggot clothes. Drugs, sex, every sort of filth. And you hate the police, don't you? You make it easy."
21.05.2006 - 14:20
Daru Jericho
Man Must Die could be considered as BDM, although they probably lean more to the technical death metal side.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

21.05.2006 - 21:15
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
is there a diference between Brutal Death and Gore Death????
I mean I not really into Gore Death like Cannibal Corpse, but I do like some oldschool DM bands
----
21.05.2006 - 22:23
__Az__
Cannibal Corpse is brutal death aswell... I think the gore death mainly revolves around the lyrical theme... Hence the reason why Cannibal Corpse are classed as gore death aswell...
24.05.2006 - 20:20
mvikred
Sever Torture
----
I'm addicted to Technical Death Metal ... Somebody save me
24.05.2006 - 22:38
ISAAC
Account deleted
Pft, these mentions are nothing.

get Deuterium.

and then maybe Bowels Out.
but especially deuterium.
25.05.2006 - 02:19
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
From Brutal death I like only Cataclysm, Cryptopsy, Deeds Of Flesh, Krisiun damn tour was canceled and I didnt seen them live

@Bass2 does Nile are brutal death?
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
25.05.2006 - 04:10
mvikred
a new underground band ... called ........ BRAIN DRILL ........ amazing shit
----
25.05.2006 - 12:36
__Az__
Krisiun are a great band aswell...

I really enjoy their new album AssasiNation...
28.05.2006 - 22:44
agent orange
Account deleted
definatly check out suffocation, one of my personal favorite bdm bands, also its good that ur into krisiun, there really sick, i saw them in concert last month, fucking insane!
11.06.2006 - 14:04
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Could someone tell me what is the difference between Death Metal and Brutal Death Metal? I always thought DM was about being brutal.
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
11.06.2006 - 14:54
mvikred
Brutal death metal, developed by combining certain aspects of the song structures of goregrind with death metal. Brutal Death Metal is associated with bands like Cannibal Corpse, Disgorge, Dying Fetus, Devourment, Vomit Remnants, Wormed. One main characteristic of Brutal Death is the vocal style, called many things - Death grunt, "Cookie Monster", "bullfrog", or "Guttural" vocals. The Lyrics are mostly gore related, sung in a slow and choppy manner, and usually following the guitar riffs. Secondly, the guitar riffs are usually chunky grooves or hyper fast, down-tuned, with pinch harmonics, with high gain outputs. Drumming is usually all over the place, from slow churning chunk, to blasting speed. Suffocation is probably one of the main influences for this style.

@Nervel : I think that should explain

mvikred
----
11.06.2006 - 15:02
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Ok, yes, does explain. Thanks.
----

11.06.2006 - 17:10
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Thanks for the explaination mvikred , helps me alot ... although the stuff that i would have added are already listed. Alot of great recommendations here, ive checked out the works of Immolation and Dying Fetus from the list ... damn im liking it!! BRUTAL!!
----

Hellcunt Smurf
11.06.2006 - 23:21
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
i would like to thank mvikred alot aswell, i didnt really know the difference yet either, i just classsed the more brutal stuff as bdm, but now i can know foir sure, thanks
----
11.06.2006 - 23:42
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
http://www.dominationthroughimpurity.com/

I recently checked out Joe Payne's band Domination Through Impurity and they have some wicked music. They have one full length album named 'Essence of Brutality' and it is just that. One way to describe the album would be "technical insanity." It has some really wicked riffing and vocals, while the electronic drum sound leaves something to be desired, it can be looked past. Adding in Payne's growls, the music comes out as brutal as can be. Something really wicked music, check it out. By the way, I had no idea Joe Payne was so talented.

http://www.dominationthroughimpurity.com/audio/dti_pinned.mp3
http://www.dominationthroughimpurity.com/audio/dti_wahnsinn.mp3
----
The force will be with you, always.
12.06.2006 - 03:39
hottercraft
Oh shit, I haven't listened a lot of Brutal Death metal, but... I can tell that you should try with bands like Avulsed, Vomitory, Vital Remains, Haemorrhage, Severe Torture, Lykathea Aflame, Demilich or Cannibal Corpse...
12.06.2006 - 03:50
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
How about we stop naming the same bands over and over again.