Metal Storm logo
Florence + The Machine

19.01.2010 - 01:26
Baz Anderson
staff
Florence is a girl just two years older than me, and actually currently has the UK #1 album slot this week.

She just has the one album, and I don't think she's particularly well known out of this country - but on a whim I got her album a few days ago and I absolutely love it.

So, anyone else know of her or like her out there?

Her music is quite hard to describe actually. She sings in a very soulful way to some music... I don't know what genre it would be called. It's probably more pop than anything else, but there is everything in there.

Her best known song (I think) is called "Rabbit Heart (Raise It Up)" if anyone is interested in hearing her.
19.01.2010 - 22:17
ylside
staff
Hahaha ! Sponsorised by Stella Artois !

The amount of time I heard her song "You got the love" as an ad on Spotify (UK targeted Stella Artois ads and "retro" marketing campaign) is way beyond a hundred. The ad people succeeded in engraining the song inside my head now.

Not a bad song at all (brainwashing complete, lol ) . Although I doubt I will check anymore of this nice looking redhead...
20.01.2010 - 18:58
Baz Anderson
staff
Haha, looks like she still is just a UK thing then if no one else seems to have heard of her.
23.01.2010 - 07:38
Kei
She's relatively well known in the United States as well, and was on a lot of magazine's and music websites top albums of 2009 lists. If that doesn't get her some more publicity, her song "Cosmic Love" was recently featured on an Episode of Grey's Anatomy - Blink. Grey's Anatomy as a show is fairly notorious for using new music from lesser known artists, and helping to make them popular. There were a lot of threads on various fan sites for the show asking about the song, so her fame should continue to grow.

She does make some great music, indeed.
----
Author of Femme Metale on Metal Chicks.
Follow me on Metal Chicks: http://metalchicks.ca/Keinans_Blog/
Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=lf#!/?ref=logo
Twitter: @KeinanLynx
02.03.2010 - 06:25
whatsacow
In australia, we have a radio station called triple j, and every time i turn it on i hear kiss with a fist. But theyre a pretty cool band
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
18.08.2010 - 15:29
Wishmaster
Account deleted
I know her, but I don't listen to her. I think she's indie pop or something.
I have only heard Kiss With A Fist. It's okay.
Have you ever heard of Marina And The Diamonds? She has a similar style to Florence + The Machine.
If you haven't, check her out.
18.08.2010 - 15:34
Elijah
Dance, bitch!
Came home the other night drunk, went on youtube, "Drumming" was recommended to me despite not being related to what I was looking at(Old Spice commercials featuring Terry Crews). I quite enjoyed it, so when I pulled myself out of bed the next morning, I downloaded it, and bloody love it.

Then I found out a few days later she's a redhead. I plan on making her my wife.
----
22.08.2010 - 17:42
Baz Anderson
staff
Haha, it still annoys me that I found out she played in my city (no one ever plays here...) a few days before I discovered her.
Probably would have gone to that show, but oh well.