Demons Gate
Black Stone Wielder
Under the Oak
Crystal Ball

Total votes: 49
19.01.2010 - 05:50
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Epicus Doomicus Metallicus by Candlemass is one of my favorite metal albums in general, let alone just a doom favorite. I'm willing to assume that Solitude will win, but my favorites from this album have always been A Sorcerer's Pledge, Crystal Ball, and Demons Gate, respectively. I love the vocals on the first two or so minutes of A Sorcerer's Pledge, and that riff that follows will hurt your feelings.

Seeing Rob Lowe perform Crystal Ball live (the first part OMG) was one of the best concert moments I've had, but I think Johan is best suited for this release.
19.01.2010 - 06:19
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Just listened to this album for the first time today

It still too soon for a fair choise, but so far ''Under The Oak'' had impressed me more than any other. A very versatile song, it gets really fast by the end, with a killer solo and a good variation in the vocals as well.

Crystal Ball is also great, the most brutal of all, but ill stick with Under The Oak.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
19.01.2010 - 06:21
Richard

Written by Dangerboner on 19.01.2010 at 05:50

I'm willing to assume that Solitude will win

Well, predictable as it may be, that song got my vote anyway! I feel it captures the essence of traditional doom quite effectively, and has a memorable vocal melody. The lyrics are also pretty bleak.
----
19.01.2010 - 10:32
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Long time no hear this album I would say all album not any song because thereris no way choose, as far I remeber I like more Under The Oak and Black Stone Wielder, but here shood be option all sonmgs and my vote goes for all
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
19.01.2010 - 13:34
TheOwl

A milestone for the genre! The whole album simply gives a good lesson of how epic doom metal should sound like.... Masterpiece!
And of course "Solitude" will most likely win!
19.01.2010 - 13:37
InnerSelf
proofread free
The album is just brilliant every song is something but I prefer Demons Gate
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
19.01.2010 - 14:56
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Demons Gate all the way. that impossibly over the top intro, the overly epic vocals and riffs, all just make it my favorite song off of one of my favorite all-time albums.

other faves would be Crystal Ball- i especially like the "mine, mine.. MIIINEEE" bits and of course Solitude overall.
19.01.2010 - 15:45
soadbyob
Account deleted
Solitude is just my favorite, and probbaly the best on the album
19.01.2010 - 17:34
rageing atheist
Account deleted
Black Stone Wielder for me, Under the Oak is a close second.
19.01.2010 - 18:13
Gordon Freeman

Under the Oak, the solo is awesome and that doom-ey guitar riff at the end is just legendary.
----
God Dammit Doug! Take off your hat, Night Moves is playing. Don't be a prick man!

http://www.last.fm/user/Axl_The_Viking
27.01.2010 - 16:39
theflyingmachine

It is probably not fair for me to vote, as I have only listened to this album once (which was also my first listen to candlemass at all). A Sorcerer's Pledge seemed to catch me the most, so I voted for that one, although Under the Oak and Demon's Gate are also impressive.

I didn't expect much from this album, as I listen to about 70% death metal and the remainder mostly being old metal from the 90's (i.e. White Zombie, Gwar, etc.). But, this album was very good. I need to check out more from them.
28.01.2010 - 18:59
Lucas
Mr. Noise
"A Sorcerer's Pledge", definitely. Not that there is a lack of competition for it, but it's just too fucking epic to be true. Lyrics are great, too.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
08.05.2012 - 16:24
Enemy of Reality
Account deleted
Under the Oak is not only my fav song of this album it is also my fav Candlemass song.
09.05.2012 - 01:46
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Demon's Gate for sure. One of the strongest riffs ever constructed.
09.05.2012 - 02:05
Fritillaria
Account deleted
Solitude with no doubt
09.05.2012 - 08:07
bran

Epicus doomicus metallicus is one of the greatest metal albums, ever created all the songs get stuck in your head and wont go away(which is awesome) everything about the album is so heavy. the guitars,bass and those double bass pedals have serious thump to them and johans vocals are fucking insane

if i had to choose i would go a sorcerers pledge,solitude,black stone wielder in that order
----
top 5 albums of 2012 so far.

1. wintersun- time I
2. woods of ypres- woods V grey skies and electric light
3. agalloch- faustian echoes EP
4. the slow death- II
5. kreator- phantom antichrist
09.05.2012 - 18:30
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Never listened to the album.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
09.05.2012 - 18:55
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Boxcar Willy on 09.05.2012 at 18:30

One hell of a productive post sir!
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
09.05.2012 - 18:59
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by X-Ray Rod on 09.05.2012 at 18:55

One hell of a productive post sir!

And to you for replying to it.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
09.05.2012 - 19:05
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted

Now you have.
09.05.2012 - 19:05
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Boxcar Willy on 09.05.2012 at 18:59
And to you for replying to it.

Not really kiddo since I'm pointing this out for you so you won't make the same useless comment again. I'm helping you here.
I don't go around album threads and similar just saying "Haven't heard it".

In my case, I would probably say either Solitude, Demon's Gate or A Sorcerer's Pledge. At the moment it would be Solitude since it's the one I play the most. I don't own the album so I don't listen to it as much as I would like to so I won't vote because of that. Seeing them live playing this little babe of an album with the original vocalist makes it more difficult since the entire set was just brilliant.
----
Rod, let me love you.
09.05.2012 - 19:44
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Solitude is great I like epic pening act what promotres suicide and exist of miserble lofe, realy it can help one day when I need to enter in new world
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
10.05.2012 - 02:55
Lit.
Account deleted
God damn it, I can't decide.
I'll get back to you on it.

EDIT: Okay, either Crystal Ball, Under The Oak or Sorcerer's Pledge.
15.05.2012 - 03:21
Some Witty Name

Well, Sorcerer's Pledge takes the cake for me, along with Crystal Ball as a close second. Strangely enough, Solitude is easily the worst for me. Seems it's popular, huh. For me it's that one boring track I always skip.
15.05.2012 - 12:32
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Some Witty Name on 15.05.2012 at 03:21
For me it's that one boring track I always skip.

D:

That is all I can say. Well, tastes are tastes I guess, I just find it surprising considering how much that song represents what classic doom metal is in general.
----
Rod, let me love you.
17.05.2012 - 16:35
Mr. Blonde

I voted for Sorcerer.
While Solitude is probably the best known and most memorable song on EDM... personal favorite has been A Sorcerer's Pledge. The music just fits with the story so well.
24.05.2012 - 05:19
Ankläger

Black Stone Wielder all the way!
Just... that riff!
That... riff!
I can remember when I started learning guitar, and I started experimenting with different tunings.
One day I was screwing around, and that riff popped in my head... then I tuned it down an octave, and shat my pants.
16.10.2012 - 17:41
Yossarian

Hi. All.
16.10.2012 - 20:30
Branzig

I'm sitting her alone in darkness voting for Solitude!
----
In Grind We Crust
25.10.2012 - 03:47
Persona

Black Stone Wielder... is BOOOOOOOOOORN! YEAHIYEAHIYEAAH, MMMM

That song could be my favorite just for that part. Add the best solo on the album and a sick chorus and you have a classic.