Metal Storm logo
Eluveitie - Everything Remains (As It Never Was)

8 | 579 votes |
Release date: 19 February 2010
Style: Celtic folk metal, Gothenburg metal

Owners:

635 have it
123 want it
1 trades it

01. Otherworld
02. Everything Remains (As It Never Was)
03. Thousandfold
04. Nil
05. The Essence Of Ashes
06. Isara
07. Kingdom Come Undone
08. Quoth The Raven
09. (Do)Minion
10. Setlon
11. Sempiternal Embers
12. Lugdūnon
13. The Liminal Passage
14. Otherworld Set [digipack bonus]
15. The Liminal Passage Set [digipack bonus]

Guest review by
Windrider
Rating:
One can fall in love with this album since the first listening and with this review I will explain the reasons.

Right in the beginning one might feel like being taken on a journey when the song "Otherworld" opens the gates to a superior art of storytelling music.
The title track then introduces the listeners to the metal style Eluveitie have always been known for, mighty and beautiful folk melodies together with heavy guitars, bass and drums.

Read more ››
published 05.06.2010 | Comments (12)

Found in 27 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 42   Visited by: 1148 users
20.01.2010 - 21:29
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Whats with this dumbass pseudo-intellectual bullshit album title? There should be an MS awar for most pretentious album title.
23.01.2010 - 17:45
I agree with the man above... eluveite is pretty much a good band! but WTF title is that? they must have tried a lot to come up with it........
24.01.2010 - 01:42
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by Guest on 20.01.2010 at 21:29

There should be an MS awar for most pretentious album title.

2010 issue is already booked for Rob Zombie...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

25.01.2010 - 00:35
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Written by Ellrohir on 24.01.2010 at 01:42

Written by Guest on 20.01.2010 at 21:29

There should be an MS awar for most pretentious album title.

2010 issue is already booked for Rob Zombie...

I dont think so...Rob Zombie has always had stupid album titles, it kinda goes with his music. Its a crap album title but its not pretending to be anything it isnt or pretending to be "clever".
03.02.2010 - 16:03
Rating: 9
Anibx
With all respect, why whenever it appears someone smarter than us, we use adjectives as pseudo-intellectual? Will be envy or lack of intelligence? You say that Rob Zombie has stupid titles because his music is stupid, then perhaps eluveitie has clever titles simply because their music is clever.
03.02.2010 - 18:31
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by Anibx on 03.02.2010 at 16:03

With all respect, why whenever it appears someone smarter than us, we use adjectives as pseudo-intellectual? Will be envy or lack of intelligence? You say that Rob Zombie has stupid titles because his music is stupid, then perhaps eluveitie has clever titles simply because their music is clever.

Sometimes bands do everything possible to appear as intellectuals or in some way "more knowledgeable" than their target audience, other times trying to create an elitist fan base in correlation to the band's intellectual image (as in only "smart" people get "smart" music, and vice-versa). In this case, the album title just comes off as pretentious, something an angst-ridden teenager would come up with as a title for a journal entry on a DeviantArt account or MySpace Blog. Hopefully that helps explain things.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
14.02.2010 - 01:36
Czerny Reiter
Heard it the one time. Didn't impress me at all.
14.02.2010 - 08:07
Rating: 10
Wes
I love this album, you cant hear it one time. I think it is better than Slania by far.
Maybe if you don't like Slania you wont like this album, but it is a perfect follow up and should receive the same treatment if not better than Slania.

just by the songs "Everything Remains", "Thousand fold" and "Lugdunon" alone I give this album 10/10, better than anything else i've heard in my life and I've been listening to all sorts of metal for 10 years obsessively. It's a matter of taste as well as your personality.

Regardless of an album I listen to it all the way through at least 5 or so times before even thinking about judging it. Even then, it takes time to understand why an album is good or bad. But anyway that wasnt the point of this comment, I just wanted to say,

This is now one of my favorite albums of all time, anyone who likes Slania will love this more.
14.02.2010 - 21:06
Culty
I don't really see anything totally wrong with the title. I dont see why you guys are all complaining.
Oh and well i heard the song Thousandfold and it was pretty good!
----
Gfnttlr
15.02.2010 - 10:54
Apocalyp7ica
Account deleted
Quoth The Raven
15.02.2010 - 18:39
Ankh Amen
Account deleted
Written by Culty on 14.02.2010 at 21:06

Oh and well i heard the song Thousandfold and it was pretty good!

You can listen to the complete album on myspace. It's strong
16.02.2010 - 02:42
Culty
Ahh i didnt know the whole album was up! Thank you good sir. I'll give it a listen as soon as i can!
----
Gfnttlr
16.02.2010 - 07:00
Wes
Yeh the Raven is so good! i love it.
16.02.2010 - 10:23
Rating: 8
bozqale
Pretty good! but not as heavy as slania
16.02.2010 - 19:11
X5452
Account deleted
I like this album more then the previous one
16.02.2010 - 23:18
Anibx
Written by Troy Killjoy on 03.02.2010 at 18:31

Written by Anibx on 03.02.2010 at 16:03

Sometimes bands do everything possible to appear as intellectuals or in some way "more knowledgeable" than their target audience, other times trying to create an elitist fan base in correlation to the band's intellectual image (as in only "smart" people get "smart" music, and vice-versa). In this case, the album title just comes off as pretentious, something an angst-ridden teenager would come up with as a title for a journal entry on a DeviantArt account or MySpace Blog. Hopefully that helps explain things.

I think Eluveitie is a great band, but since I discovered I have seen people labeled as a fool teenager's band. I do not think it is, I'm not a teenage and I like it. Maybe this band gives the impression of being pretentious by the fact that its members seems to study and structure their music with a solid base, especially because of the historical aspect it has. That may be uncomfortable or hard to believe for some.
Personally, I find it great. Few bands can create an album with lyrics and original instruments of an ancient culture and do it in the original language (which is a dead language). Do that and make the album still listenable is admirable.
I'm looking forward to this new album, that I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet, but I'm sure it will be great.
16.02.2010 - 23:35
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by Anibx on 16.02.2010 at 23:18

I think Eluveitie is a great band, but since I discovered I have seen people labeled as a fool teenager's band. I do not think it is, I'm not a teenage and I like it. Maybe this band gives the impression of being pretentious by the fact that its members seems to study and structure their music with a solid base, especially because of the historical aspect it has. That may be uncomfortable or hard to believe for some.
Personally, I find it great. Few bands can create an album with lyrics and original instruments of an ancient culture and do it in the original language (which is a dead language). Do that and make the album still listenable is admirable.
I'm looking forward to this new album, that I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet, but I'm sure it will be great.

While I do think they come off as pretentious, I understand where you're coming from with the band's background. They have originality, talent, and most importantly mass appeal. To combine all of that is surely a feat, but it doesn't take away from the fact that the band have an air of immaturity (not in the "fart joke" sense, more how some people view the Norwegian black metal scene with what Alice Cooper described as "trying to out-evil each other", to paraphrase).
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
17.02.2010 - 17:24
Anibx
Written by Troy Killjoy on 16.02.2010 at 23:35

Written by Anibx on 16.02.2010 at 23:18

While I do think they come off as pretentious, I understand where you're coming from with the band's background. They have originality, talent, and most importantly mass appeal. To combine all of that is surely a feat, but it doesn't take away from the fact that the band have an air of immaturity (not in the "fart joke" sense, more how some people view the Norwegian black metal scene with what Alice Cooper described as "trying to out-evil each other", to paraphrase).

I understand what you say and I agree. It is a relatively new band and still have much more to learn. Nevertheless, I think their going on the right track. With Everything Remains (which I finaly listen to) have surprised me, it is great. They have used more female voices which gives more variety to the album. I had liked Slania's Song on the last album and always felt they need more songs like that one.
18.02.2010 - 14:55
Zio
Written by Guest on 16.02.2010 at 19:11

I like this album more then the previous one

Agree with you, this album il so beautiful! Fantastic melodies!
----
Knowing is not enough we must apply. Willing is not enough we must do. ~
19.02.2010 - 07:51
Oric
Ya, i'm really loving this album, though its more gothenburg with a side of folk thrown in, instead of their usual folk with gothenburg, but still a damn fine album. Reminds me alot of Dark tranquility/At the Gates. Still love Slania the most though.
20.02.2010 - 21:40
Trust
The best album of 2010 at the moment and the best album of eluveitie
23.02.2010 - 19:16
JÄY
Metal slave
Damn, this is like listening to in flames with flutes!

uhh, fuck yeah!
28.02.2010 - 07:13
DP_Megachiva
Account deleted
Great album
02.03.2010 - 20:03
Drax
One of my favourites
16.03.2010 - 03:57
Rating: 4
3dd
I was listening to this, and thinking "c'mon....I've heard this before." I'm sorry guys, but Slania and AD where really good, but this album.... have nothing new.... shame but it's a step back for them
17.03.2010 - 15:26
viking_dyziu
Good album
26.03.2010 - 18:48
Edmund Fogg
Nice album.Anybody knows if they will do a follow-up to Evocation 1.
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
28.03.2010 - 07:45
Rating: 8
trendkill-
Written by Edmund Fogg on 26.03.2010 at 18:48

yes. they have already planned it check the upcoming releases its within the next year i believe. i could me mistaken but its for sure they are doing a follow up..it was a two part thing from the begining
29.03.2010 - 19:05
Edmund Fogg
Written by trendkill- on 28.03.2010 at 07:45

Written by Edmund Fogg on 26.03.2010 at 18:48

yes. they have already planned it check the upcoming releases its within the next year i believe. i could me mistaken but its for sure they are doing a follow up..it was a two part thing from the begining

thx for the info
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
01.04.2010 - 08:42
Rating: 7
Not as good as Slania but it's not a bad album... I think that they need to take a break and make something better.... they have 3 albums in a row and that's too much for a band like Eluveitie...

Hits total: 21417 | This month: 26