Metal Storm logo
After Death - Two Members Drown In Brazil

Two members of the UK metalcore outfit After Death drowned yesterday (Thursday January 21) while swimming at the Atalaia beach in Aracaju, in the northeastern part of Brazil. 21-year-old guitarist Leon Villalba and 18-year-old bassist Timothy Kennelly, along with their bandmates, were in the middle of an extensive tour of Brazil as the support act for Master when the incident occurred.

Villalba and Kennelly were reportedly swimming at the beach around 2:30 pm when another beachgoer noticed a floating body and alerted the local lifeguard rescue team. An attempt was made to resuscitate Villalba using CPR, but he didn't respond. Kennedy's body is still missing. The search for Timothy's remains will continue on Friday with air support, since the area to be covered is very wide.

Atalaia is considered to be the fourth most dangerous beach in Brazil, even though it's one of the most popular in Aracaju, the capital of Sergipe, which is the smallest Brazilian state by area.

Drummer Barry O'Connor told the BBC News all two other bands on the tour would continue to play but he and his other two bandmembers would be heading home to Britain. He also revealed more details concerning the incident. Read all about it here.

After Death is a five-piece metalcore band from London. According to their MySpace, their music influences are combinations of bands such as Killswitch Engage, In Flames, As I Lay Dying as well as UK bands such as Architects and Bring Me The Horizon.

Source: roadrunnerrecords.com
Event: Masters Of Hate Tour
Posted: 22.01.2010 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 16   Visited by: 133 users
22.01.2010 - 11:27
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
What the shit? Did they not know how to swim? Or does this go beyond "accidental"? Regardless, this sure gives their band name a greater sense of irony.

...I suppose a less inappropriate comment would be to congratulate them on finishing the tour in spite of this unfortunate circumstance.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
22.01.2010 - 13:07
Baz Anderson

And they are carrying on with the shows? Without a guitar and bass player?
This is weird. Still, I'm sure they had a great time before they died.
22.01.2010 - 13:25
BudDa

They died so young..
----
Freeze! Step away from the hubris.
22.01.2010 - 14:17
Jon

Written by Baz Anderson on 22.01.2010 at 13:07

The more minimalistic metalcore that results may be a mercy to their audiences.

That is a terrible thing to happen though, not to mention very suspicious.
----
A mythology is a religion different enough from your own for it's absurdity to be obvious.
22.01.2010 - 16:01
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I am sniffing another thread where wanna be true metallers will masturbate with their "falsesentimentless" comments...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

22.01.2010 - 16:17
TheBigRossowski

Oh boy, don't let Pat Robertson catch wind of this news! He'll go on another rant about the supposed pact with the devil, haha!

Poor dudes.
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
22.01.2010 - 22:53
Symmachus

I've not heard of this band, but it is sad what happened to the guitarist and bassist. That sucks. Rest in peace, those who drowned. To the other three, best wishes in their music career and also condolences.
22.01.2010 - 22:57
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Don't drink and swim...
23.01.2010 - 00:08
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Good they know it now, eh?
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

23.01.2010 - 02:00
Arcticus

Written by Jon on 22.01.2010 at 14:17

Written by Baz Anderson on 22.01.2010 at 13:07

The more minimalistic metalcore that results may be a mercy to their audiences.

That is a terrible thing to happen though, not to mention very suspicious.

Um...it states quite clearly in the article that while the OTHER bands on the tour are going to continue, the 3 remaining members of this band are going back to Britain. Makes more sense, no?
23.01.2010 - 02:48
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Lol yeah.. its clear..
RIP guys..
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
23.01.2010 - 04:35
Baz Anderson

I think the news was edited after I made that comment.
23.01.2010 - 04:51
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Ya it's been edited since my comment early this morning.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
23.01.2010 - 07:40
Arcticus

Written by Baz Anderson on 23.01.2010 at 04:35

I think the news was edited after I made that comment.

My apologies. I found it odd that people would miss that.
24.01.2010 - 14:56
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Thought this was the Nocturnus-related group
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
25.01.2010 - 01:43
Zeh

That beach is really dangerous. They should be advised about it, or denied their access to swimming that way. When you visit a foreign place, you must be aware of dos and don'ts.
----
Zeh

Hits total: 2906 | This month: 1